PDA

View Full Version : Intuit not understanding Mint.com's sucess...

Shawn
03-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Found this and had a good laugh... Intuit sent Mint.com a letting asking them to explain why they were basically doing so well... How dumb is Intuit to basically say to another company that you are doing way better than us so not justify your numbers. Pretty big slap in the face for Intuit finding out a free service is kicking their butts.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/19/quicken-online-cant-believe-mint-is-doing-so-well-sends-threatening-letter/

Madmax
03-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Its actually good to see someone is keeping tabs on their comeptition which in this case Mint.com is over boasting the amount of users it actually has.

Shawn
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Does not look like Mint is over boasting... looks like they are underestimating... they said 3000 a day when they have never had a day below 3000 new users a day in over a month... sounds like they are doing something right and intuit missed the boat and does not understand how a company doing something for free is beating them.

Madmax
03-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Mint is counting customers that signup or use a postal code as to be a TRUE customer using their services, but infact as pointed out those thousands of ppl are not actually customers.

If someone signs up for email information from vianet are they a vianet customer?

According to Mint thats a customer and this is where they are making their claim from.

Intuit was only trying to see how they are doing so well as Intuit knew this is impossible to have so many customers in such a short time and it has now been proven that Mint over estimates (OVER BOASTS) their customer database and uses that for advertising purposes, which in a business way is dirty politics and Intuit just wanted to have them disclose their dirty politics.

Now of course Intuit could do the samething and over estimate too and if they did i am willing to bet they would have more then Mint would.

Either way i don't use either ones software, but i fully understood Intuits intentions here which was to make a competitor come clean.

Hans
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I would like to point out it's Intuit, not Inuit.

Madmax
03-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I would like to point out it's Intuit, not Inuit.

Correct and thks, i corrected my typo.

Konig-OV
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
That said, Mint’s definition of “user” raised some concerns for me - I suspected that after entering their Email information and getting counted as a new member, many of them would jump ship when they realized they’d need to enter their bank account information. But CEO Aaron Patzer says that as of today around 680,000 of 934,000 registered users (over 70%) have linked at least one bank account to Mint, with most of them linking between 5-6 of their financial accounts.

Madmax FYI.

V Code
03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
actually, you still have a typo. better luck next time

Madmax
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
actually, you still have a typo. better luck next time

Opps two of em still... and now corrected thks.... as if i care.... :)