PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!!

BigDreams
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Hello!

My names Laura, I'm 18 and am currently living in Peterborough (about 9 hours away). I'll be moving to the Soo in September for college (Sault College's Fish and Wildlife Conservation Program). I have never seen the city and can't wait!

Abit about me:
I love riding and own an 8 year old 18+hh standardbred gelding. He is currently on freelease as I had to give up riding for awhile. He will be staying here when I go to college. I'm hoping when I get to Sault I'll beable to start riding again!

I LOVE music, and mostly play guitar and piano.

Look forward to talking to you all!

Laura

Tansy
03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Heya BigDreams.
Welcome to the Sault (When you get here that is!)
You'll adore it.

Genny
03-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome BigDreams, from me, Genny (my real name). Hope all your dreams come true, not just the big ones. Best of luck to you. Did you notice our webcams? Might get an idea of what to look forward to come September... www.sootoday.com/content/webcams/

Anapeg
03-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Big Dreams be sure to pack your long johns and fleece nightie. Summer up here is five weeks of poor (bad) ice. There is lots of stables around here and loads of riding clubs. I have a friend who puts most of her free time into riding and she just sold her horse.

BigDreams
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!! hehe. I have met some really nice people oer in the pet section. I can't wait to meet some in persn when I move!

I have been warned about the Winter and have been mentally preparing myself for awhile now! Luckily I've already got a large collection of long johns.

kitca
03-16-2009, 12:15 AM
hi and welcome soon. if you are taking fish & wildlife then i assume you like the outdoors, well it is so beautiful around here for outdoors stuff.

Shawn
03-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the welcomes!! hehe. I have met some really nice people oer in the pet section. I can't wait to meet some in persn when I move!

I have been warned about the Winter and have been mentally preparing myself for awhile now! Luckily I've already got a large collection of long johns.

Long Johns... I am still wearing t-shirts... its hardly been really cold... but then I used to work outside and was used to -40 days. I remember one year when I was living in Sudbury every day for about 2 weeks it was at least -40 and I had to catch the bus to school... -15 over most of the winter is pretty warm...

gewgaw
03-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Long Johns... I am still wearing t-shirts... its hardly been really cold... but then I used to work outside and was used to -40 days. I remember one year when I was living in Sudbury every day for about 2 weeks it was at least -40 and I had to catch the bus to school... -15 over most of the winter is pretty warm...

yah i wear tshirts too (through the whole winter)

BigDreams
03-16-2009, 02:03 PM
It's alittle warmer here but not much. I wear my long johns to school all Winter. I'm used to being out in the cold as well, nothing better then mucking out stalls for 8 hours a day when it's -35 and having no where to warm up :S

03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the Soo. We are a small, beautiful city full of oppertunity.
I helped structure this city behind closed doors. On phone lines. yes..
So.. ENJOY OUR SAULT STE. MARIE!!

DM46
06-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the Soo. We are a small, beautiful city full of oppertunity.
I helped structure this city behind closed doors. On phone lines. yes..
So.. ENJOY OUR SAULT STE. MARIE!!

You should be the mayor, simply because of all the apparent "involvement" you have in our city.

Back to topic, Welcome to Soonet.

Luv'inLife
06-25-2009, 06:43 PM
welcome and as far as riding goes there are lots of places close by to do that.