PDA

View Full Version : Empire: Total War

Ultra54
03-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Every once and a while a game sneaks up on you like this one and simply blows your mind. Most of the time it's game within this series that do it, like Rome: Total War. Definately strat goame of the year. One of a very few games you wish you had whn stranded on an isle somewhere and one of the few that could provide indefinate enjoyment.
Oh ya, this proves to me that the pc is a superior gaming platform than any other.

Empire keeps Total War firmly at the top of the tree in terms of strategy visuals, despite recent efforts from Dawn of War II or World in Conflict. The amount of detail in the land and naval battles is frequently breathtaking, and it's good to see that more attempt has been made to give individual troops within a unit their own animations, adding to the sense that you're a real general putting real men at risk. When you're in the midst of a cavalry charge or advancing towards the smoking musket barrels of the enemy host, Empire is effortlessly cinematic, to the extent that it's all too easy to take your eye off the tactical ball while you're busy searching for the best camera angle. The naval battles can be equally impressive, particularly when the cannon balls are flying and masts and planks are blasted into splinters. Pay attention, purveyors of dishwater dull grand strategy games - this is how a modern strategy game should look!

Its cleaning up, straight mid 90's and up in the reviews.

Killswitch
03-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Ooooof, I know what you mean! I just downloaded and installed a demo on Steam for Tom Clancy's H-A-W-X...... and it rawx! I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time! I still have to wait for two more days to buy it though. It's not released until Wednesday. Either way this is GREAT because IL-2 Sturmovik is too complicated. lmao.

The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is fun and fairly simple, even on a keyboard. It's perfect!

Ultra54
03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I'll check it out.

verotik66
03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I been playing this for about 2 weeks and love it