PDA

View Full Version : question

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Why does one need to "shave" for the image of a business, i mean i could be a great worker whats the problem?

i think this is society's fault on how they view other people.

Giggle Squirt
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
It is all about presentation. How you present youself. If you present your self as some one who take pride in personal hygine and apearance, you come across as some one who cares. If you come across as some one who dosn't care about personal respect then they question your ability to work. Sure you might be a good worker but from a hole in the ground these people don't know you so you want to put your best foot forward and prove to them that you care and want a chance to show them you can work.

Ex.. if you went into a restuarant and paid 30$ for a plate of food and it came out looking like crap and not presented nicley and only looked like it was worth 10$.. would you be impressed??? If the plate of food came out looking garnished and presentd nicely with a clean plate it would make you feel good and it would look alot more enjoyable.

That is why you shave and put on nice clothes and shake hands and shower and do you hair and such when you go and apply for a job and an interview. You are trying to sell yourself. And pretty thing in shiny packages always grab everyone attention.

Tutones
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
The same reason that men prefer women to shave their legs. Just because my legs are hairy doesn't mean I'm not good in bed. :)

It's all about conditioned social perceptions.

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
doesnt seem to be a problem with me, seems to be more of a problem with the higher uppers that have someone breathing down theyre backs for it... i can work perfectly well with or without scruff... i guess im adapted for certain work only lmao

Macs II
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.techdigest.tv/Hairy-Man-thumb-400x366.jpg

Tutones
03-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Is that you, Macs?

Macs II
03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Is that you, Macs?

am I sexy ? :tongue:

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Macs dont spoil mny thread lmao...

apparently a full grown in beard is ok but scruff half grown in isnt?

Tutones
03-10-2009, 10:18 PM
:zip: I Don't want to get banned, now.

Giggle Squirt
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Their is a huge difference between half grown and fully gown in.
If you have a fully gorwn beard, then you still trim it and take care of it.. But scruff is just that scruff.. It looks like you don't even care about taking the 15 min to shave. And some jobs require you to have a clean shaven face becasue they require resperators to seal properly to your face.

Peety
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
http://www.techdigest.tv/Hairy-Man-thumb-400x366.jpg

OMG...

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Their is a huge difference between half grown and fully gown in.
If you have a fully gorwn beard, then you still trim it and take care of it.. But scruff is just that scruff.. It looks like you don't even care about taking the 15 min to shave. And some jobs require you to have a clean shaven face becasue they require resperators to seal properly to your face.

its a nuisance shaving every second day at the rate some of it grows in, not only is it alot of razors... you bleed alot too.. its more of an inconvenience lol

Giggle Squirt
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Ok.. Put it this way.. Standing infront of you, you have two equally attractive tall blonds with nice figures and long legs wearing booty shorts ad a halter top.. Ok.. One has shaved arm pits and legs... One has a 5 oclock shadow in their armpits and atleast 3 days growth on their legs.. You can honestly sit their and tell me that you would run for the hairy one???

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Ok.. Put it this way.. Standing infront of you, you have two equally attractive tall blonds with nice figures and long legs wearing booty shorts ad a halter top.. Ok.. One has shaved arm pits and legs... One has a 5 oclock shadow in their armpits and atleast 3 days growth on their legs.. You ?

women are different though:confused2:

Macs II
03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
women are different though:confused2:

No kidding

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
No kidding

right lmfao.. its normal for a guy to have scruff on his face

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Mooch doesnt like shaving...

Peety
03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
All I can say is ewwwwww,,,hairy men!

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Mooch doesnt like shaving...

youre right... i dont lol :zip:

Jackie B
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
I feel that when men do not either shave frequently, or atleast keep their facial hair tidy on a regular basis, it's an indication of laziness.

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 11:36 PM
I feel that when men do not either shave frequently, or atleast keep their facial hair tidy on a regular basis, it's an indication of laziness.

maybe or just not like bleeding lol, oh and it looks better wuth the scruff

Jackie B
03-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Does not an electric razor avoid bleeding? I don't know...I prefer well shaven, or atleast well kept.

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Does not an electric razor avoid bleeding? I don't know...I prefer well shaven, or atleast well kept.

touche

Peety
03-10-2009, 11:42 PM

I like a smooth face,,,Beards are gross,,,
Even trimmed ones look dirty,

gewgaw
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I like a smooth face,,,Beards are gross,,,
Even trimmed ones look dirty,

:eek:

Jackie B
03-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I'm not a big facial hair fan either. I never let of my husband grow one until the last couple of years. Since then, he has only shaved it off completely once I think. I'm getting more used to it I guess. I was trimming it for him Sunday, and he said I could take it off if I wanted, and I didn't.

bluekrissyspikes
03-11-2009, 12:34 AM
facial hair is yucky, for the most part. i can deal with it if it is styled and well kept though