PDA

View Full Version : Pork Tenderloin

BrAt
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Anyone have a yummy recipe to share?

I'm tired of the same old marinate, sear, finish in the oven stuff. :sadm:

Or... maybe you have an interesting marinade that I haven't tried.

A*lil*Loopy
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
If you have a slow cooker, grab a package of Club House mix, it's not called Pulled Pork but that's what it is. (picture of pork sandwich on it) OMG, it is awesome!! You don't have to babysit it and it's fantastic, so much meat from a little tenderloin as well.

Or you could do a sweet and sour pork, that's what I'm making tonight when I get home. Wish I had the recipe for you but I'm sure you can find one online. I just pull out the Betty Crocker cookbook and have at it.

I don't think I've ever seared and roasted a tenderloin. ;)

BrAt
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Ohh.. I have a slow cooker AND a Betty Crocker cookbook! I'm in luck. lol

And I have never had a tenderloin done in a slow cooker. ;)

Thanks!

MaO3
03-11-2009, 12:35 PM
During the summer my husband cooks a whole pork loin - not just the tenderloin on the open fire.
He seasons it with garlic and onion powders and slowly roasts it over the open fire, about half way through he starts basting it with Real maple syrup and garlic. OH MY GOD, you want to talk about a taste sensation. SOOOO good.

I'm sure you can do the same thing in the oven with a pork tenderloin - just baste it with syrup and garlic, or barbeque it.

BrAt
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Yum.. that DOES sound good. I will definitely have to try that one.

alipetz
03-14-2009, 11:39 PM
A good recipe for pork tenderloin is :
-sundried tomato and oregano salad dressing. for 2 tenderloins i usually use one bottle.
-put it in a plastic bag to maranate then put some garlic cloves and some salt and pepper and some oregano .
-marinate it for about 2 hours then dump all the contents in the bag in a pan
- cook it on 350 for about 1 hour. it comes out soo good.. you can even put that dressing on potatoes .

kitca
03-15-2009, 11:23 AM
i learned this from my mom. cut it in slices. dip in egg or milk to moisten and then a bread crumb mixture with your favorite spices, i used sage, thyme, salt, pepper,

then fry in olive oil, or whatever oil you prefer. just pan fry, with a little oil, not alot. it is quite yummy!

GRUMPY
03-15-2009, 11:51 AM
tenderizing them first is good too

someguy
03-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Sound like snitchzel or pork cutlets! I make those all the time.

kitca
03-15-2009, 09:24 PM
ya, snitchzel, i suppose eh. we use pork tenderloin for it and its good. just not too often since it is fried.

cheeky
03-17-2009, 08:00 AM
I brown the tenderloins in a bit of oil, place in the slow cooker with a double batch of home made barbeque sauce on high for a few hours. Then remove the tenderloins, slice into medallions or pull it, place back in the sauce in the slow cooker on low with the lid slightly off so the sauce thickens up a bit. Everyone here loves it. It's like having ribs without the bones!! We either have it with mashed potatoes or on a bun. Yummy!

BrAt
03-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Let me know when it's ready there Chiquita! lol

cheeky
03-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Will do!! Thinking about Sunday!! lol...

heintzman
03-17-2009, 10:13 PM
*PROSCIUTTO PESTO PORK*
1 pork tenderloin
2 tbls. sun-dried tomato pesto
2 oz. prosciutto , thinly sliced
4 lg. leaves fresh basil
3 tbls. shredded smoked Gouda or mozzarella cheese
1 tbls veg. oil
cut pork lengthwise in half almost but not all the way through; open like book
Spread pesto down centre of 1 side.
Lay prosciutto on pesto; top with overlapping basil leaves.
Sprinkle with cheese. fold pork over filling and secure with toothpicks or kitchen string.
In lg. ovenproof skillet, heat oil. over med-high heat, brown pork.
Transfer to 400 degree oven; roast until juices run clear and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 18 min. Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil and let stand for 5 min. remove toothpicks and slice. Yummy!