PDA

View Full Version : Newegg.ca poop

filthy
03-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Like all guys, I was looking for a cheap set of twins..lol.

I found the cheapest twin video card to go SLi, during checkout saw shipping, $12 ok not bad. Then I notice a handling fee of $35!!!

Never bought from Newegg.ca....and now never will.

Sticking with DC or NCIX....starting price a little higher, but end price still lower.

Hans
03-14-2009, 12:00 AM
It's because it includes customs charges. All their items are shipped from the USA, as they do not have a Canadian depot.
That's why the handling fee is rather big.

mboy67
03-14-2009, 01:00 PM
they ship through ups i think Cuz that is ups's fee for brokerage. even tiger direct there is not fee like that. I was planning on giving them some business as well but do to this they can kiss you know what. lol

verotik66
03-14-2009, 03:01 PM
weirs

AmdWolfman
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
for an extra 35 bux you could have gotten it to your door. But, I don't know if you went there becuzz you saw the deal better then others or where ever.

Hans
03-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I usually check their sales and free shipping section. That's how I got my memory, which ended up cheaper delivered to my door then NCIX, or any others I checked.

filthy
03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow..so Newegg.ca actually only consists on a .ca website??

What a joke...

Weir's doesn't make it cheaper either, gas, bridge fee, Weir's fee ect ect..

Hans
03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
No. You have newegg.com, and newegg.ca. Prior to the .ca website you could not order directly in Canadian currency from Newegg.
Ncix is the same way, but they have actual stores on both sides.

filthy
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Ordering in Canadian currency... oooohh, bfd. lol

Ya this new site makes it easier to order in Canada, as I've tried to order from the US site before, but I think they should incorporate 50% of the handling fee into the shipping fee and then swallow the rest. Anytime I see a decent sale, the savings are gone by the time you checkout. Numbers doesn't lie.

Either way, I'm just submitting my own opinion that this site is not worth it to me, because of the handling fee. Unless something is on a very good sale.

B.David
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
I stick with NCIX.