PDA

View Full Version : smell making me throw up...

Giggle Squirt
03-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Ok, right now my sense of smell is stupidly high. I cant go into store or grocery shopping becase the smells will make me physically ill... At home i had to change dish soap, laundry soap, hand soap, shampoo becuse they were all smells that i could not handle but could previously enjoy. If my hunny cooks anything for supper it drives me up the wall, and heaven forbid he reheat anything in the micorwave. When my oldest gets home from school i make him bath right away becaue he has that school smell i can't stand. But before i got prego none of this bothered me. I even had to change my tooth paste because it would make me sick. I can't have my dogs come near me because even though they get bathed every week they still have that dog smell. I can't stand it at work because people smell and i dont want to be rude but they make me so nausious. Even my own deodorant makes me gag. ANd i am dreading next week because i have to get my braces off and the smell of the ortho's office makes me gag... let alone the taste of gloves in my mouth... and plus the taste of them shaving the glue off... I am already taking the max for diclectin i can take along with gravol inbetween to keep my lunch down...has this happened to anyone else... it was not this bad in my first two pregnancies... the only thing that botherd me was the smell of fish and chicken and pasta and spagetti sauce. I had hyperemesis my first two pregnancies and vomited from 4 weeks till 3 hours after i gave birth... This time around is not too bad only 3 or 4 times a day... sorry if tmi, but the whole smell thing is killing me

Chaotic Chick
03-18-2009, 11:29 PM
The smell of anything could make me throw up when I was pregnant with my youngest son. After the first five months I stopped vomitting but I still could not eat. If my husband cooked ANYTHING I would have to leave the house. I lost about 33 pounds the gynecologist told me during my appointment right before I had my son. Even if the anti-nausea medications worked for me, the smells still got to me. All I could do was wait it out!

mags
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
You aren't by any chance pregnant are you? Easy answer for why smells are bothering you so much. Could just be hormones settling down. Been where you are and it is nasty.

$Spendbender$
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
You aren't by any chance pregnant are you?

You aren't by chance a detective are you?

LOL!

Sophie's_Mommy
03-19-2009, 10:41 AM
when i was pregnant the smells pf things made me ill, hubbys sister lived with us for a few months and she would cook those breakfast sausages and eggs and i would gaga and puke, she would go down the hall to her friends and cook her breakfast sausages on his stove cause she knew it made me ill..i think smells and pregnancy go hand in hand..lol.

kitty&mimi
03-19-2009, 12:59 PM
my sense of smell has heightened after i had my baby
i always ask my husband if he farted, even though he didn't! lol

EyelashExtensions
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
My sense of smell was craqzy when I was pregnant too. Everything would make me sick!

mags
03-19-2009, 02:18 PM
detective not a chance! lol....not even close

$Spendbender$
03-19-2009, 03:45 PM
detective not a chance! lol....not even close

Well, you should've been.
You solved that mystery pretty quick! (and only with about 6 clues..lol)

Giggle Squirt
03-21-2009, 12:59 AM
UGH I went to the comedy night at bay mills tonight and the smell of the smoke make me so sick... I just wanted to die.... I hate this... The smell of my car is driving me crazy. It has a leather interior and when the sun warms it up and it has that warm leather smell it is just horriable. I use to love the smell of leather. Now I have to drive with the windows down and the sun roof open to avoid loosing my luch.

kitty&mimi
03-21-2009, 09:11 AM
so.....
are u prego?

Sophie's_Mommy
03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
yes i believe she is pregnant, from what she wrote it sounded like it..

Tansy
03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
When I was pregnant with my son nothing bothered me. But with my daughter...! Peanut butter was the worst. My son was on a 'toast with peanut butter' kick and the smell of it warm on the toast.... icky bad.
Hey, at least it's getting warmer GiggleSquirt. Soon you can open a window...

Giggle Squirt
03-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Yep I am prego... I am really dreading tuesday when I get my braces off.... I try not to think about it, but i am actually debating leaving them on until after i am prego.. :(

kitty&mimi
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
cool
congrats

mags
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Congrats! When are you due?

chase_me
03-31-2009, 07:26 PM
lmao right in her initial post she stated before she got preggo adn she was taking diclectin that would make me think she is preggo.

Sorry hun but it really doesn't get any better either, i am going to have my baby in 2 days and the smells still kill me, my poor dog is constantly told to get away from me cause he stinks to high hell even though he doesn't really lmao.

Juggs
03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Yep I am prego... I am really dreading tuesday when I get my braces off.... I try not to think about it, but i am actually debating leaving them on until after i am prego.. :(

one baby teething and one on the way? why din't I meet you?:wink:

pickles for sale
04-05-2009, 11:52 PM
I also had hyperemesis twice and was involved in a study to help with nausea and vomitting though Motherisk. PM if you want the info to get this help. It is not a drug trial, just someone to help with diet and Diclectin stuff.

Giggle Squirt
04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I am on a high protien bland diet with the dicelcting. It seems to be working ok. This is by far the best I have been during a pregnancy. Ps... sent you a pm.

mags
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Glad to see you have found something that works for you. Hopefully it will be over soon.

Giggle Squirt
04-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks!!! My hunny has been a huge help. He manages the litter box for me. I could be like three rooms away and could tell the cats did their business. He is right on top of it cleaning it after every use. Instead of the normal once a day he does it 4 or 5 times a day. he can't tell it was used but i sure can. The only other thing that really really bothers me is the residual smell of cigarette smoke. It sends me straight to the nearest garbage can.

mags
04-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I have been where you are, had hyperemesis with my pregnancies but nothing helped. Not until 2 months past delivery with 1 or breast feeding with the other.
Good luck!!!