PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Music From Youtube FLV videos

Madmax
03-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Well i wanted to find out how to do this so i can extract music from youtube videos so i can make them into mp3 files for my blackberry bold phone.

Well there is an easy, fast, FREE way to do this.

Anyone can do this to convert the music from the FLV video to mp3.

What you need is realplayer the free edition http://www.real.com/
Click on the free download link and download and install it.

And you will also need winff video convertor http://winff.org/html/downloads.html
I download the lastest version 0.45 for windows, download for your OS and install it.

Now when you go to a youtube video that has a song you like, just move your mouse over the top of the video and REALPLAYER will show a download this video link. Well of course you hit download this video. It will save it in the C:\(username)\Video\real folder on your PC.

Now once it is downloaded have winFF open, you should have this open beforehand to make your day easier.

Now browse to the folder that has the downloaded video in it and choose that video, now choose your destination folder. Then choose what you wish to convert it too.... For my blackberry bold it had the option to select that device and then the option to convert to music for the blackberry which = MP3 anyways.

One it is converted you should of had your MP3 player of your PHONE already hooked up to your computer to make your day easier. Then if you have a media card or space on your MP3 player or onboard Phone memory, simply copy the converted MP3 file into the Music folder and do so for all converstions.

Now the best part of all this is .. you can download multiple videos at once, just Pause them as you open them up on youtube so you can listen to which one you want before downloading it... you will get what i mean as you do this.

Also you can convert multiple video songs at once.

The convertion is FAST i mean like 3-6 secs fast per song. thats fast.

Sometimes the downloads are 1-6 min long and some are 1-30 secs, depends on the song length.

But for a fast FREE way to do all of this ... i can't complain and the music sounds GOOD afterwards just like it was playing on youtube.

If you need help please post away.

V Code
03-22-2009, 09:17 PM
why wouldn't you just download the mp3? i did not even think real player still existed. garbage bloatware crap (great idea but bad marketing and software)

Madmax
03-23-2009, 08:45 AM
why wouldn't you just download the mp3? i did not even think real player still existed. garbage bloatware crap (great idea but bad marketing and software)

Well you could download the mp3 of the song from places as well, but on youtube there is say a different version of the certain songs that i like so i will rip it from the video, instead of searching or trying to find the similar version elsewhere.

There is also songs on youtube you can't find at other places to download, so i rip those songs as well.

Its fast to do so.

Realplayer is not bloated as it was years prior and the actual program itself is not even needed to be opened up, the download link only opens a SMALL download Window and thats all.

mr ed
03-23-2009, 02:16 PM
there is an addon for firefox called download helper, it downloads flv to your hard drive, it will also convert it to wmv if you enable that setting. When its downloaded I open it with winamp pro and 'send to' converter and select mp3 it converts just the audio. Thats what I use anyway

H.E. Pennypacker
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
gotta love those high quality youtube videos. lol.

Madmax
03-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Were not talking about the video, but I am talking about the music within the video.
There is plenty of high quality music within many videos on youtube. You have
to of course pick and choose what you like.

Just to also note many videos on youtube are in HD, of course there is plenty that are not to.

If it sounds good to me then that's all that ppl should count on.

Now if you want the best of the best of the best..... Go pay for it.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-25-2009, 11:23 PM
or download it, and ya, we are talking about the videos. youtube is a video based service, therefore your music is coming from a VIDEO.

gewgaw
03-26-2009, 02:25 AM
why extract music from youtube? im sure everything thats available on youtube can be found in .mp3 or wma format? sheesh.. thats dumb

Madmax
03-26-2009, 07:53 AM
I youtube lots like millons of ppl in the world do so and the music from the video when extracted is no worse then downloading it from wherever on the net.

This is for ppl who want to get a song they can't find or a version of a song they can't find, a remix of a song maybe or a more bassed song they never can find or perhaps many LIVE concert songs which many music places don't have that option to download.

Its simple to do all of this, FREE to do so ... so why be negative about it.

Its like one of those things if you like to do so. Then do it, if not then don't do it as i could careless either way.

The music within the video is very very very good in 95% of all videos i have found so for the NON believers out there. Well you just have to try for yourself and believe as the music is great quality.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-26-2009, 04:36 PM
bitrate isn't that good

Madmax
03-27-2009, 08:18 AM
bitrate isn't that good

128 usually and at times 256, sounds good to me even at 128 much has no glitches or popping sound or distortion even if many are at 128 bit, but again 256 bit rate is per say better, but not by much.

Again for free what do ppl want CD quality?

Do it if you wish, no sense yapping about is it this or its not that or how come this, if you wish to live life like that ... then so be it, but don't press your life on others.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-27-2009, 04:58 PM
128 is brutal

Madmax
03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
128 is brutal

Bahhhh, your opinion and u can have it, but 128 bit is good clarity even on my truck deck and speakers.

kalam
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Okay, unless I have missed something obvious, the easiest way to covert the audio from youtube into an mp3, is have a site do it for you automatically, like this one:

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

I have done this numerous times, with great success. I am pretty sure this is the site, or one like it. No work, no hassle at all.

KaL

Well i wanted to find out how to do this so i can extract music from youtube videos so i can make them into mp3 files for my blackberry bold phone.

Well there is an easy, fast, FREE way to do this.

Anyone can do this to convert the music from the FLV video to mp3.

What you need is realplayer the free edition http://www.real.com/
Click on the free download link and download and install it.

And you will also need winff video convertor http://winff.org/html/downloads.html
I download the lastest version 0.45 for windows, download for your OS and install it.

Now when you go to a youtube video that has a song you like, just move your mouse over the top of the video and REALPLAYER will show a download this video link. Well of course you hit download this video. It will save it in the C:\(username)\Video\real folder on your PC.

Now once it is downloaded have winFF open, you should have this open beforehand to make your day easier.

Now browse to the folder that has the downloaded video in it and choose that video, now choose your destination folder. Then choose what you wish to convert it too.... For my blackberry bold it had the option to select that device and then the option to convert to music for the blackberry which = MP3 anyways.

One it is converted you should of had your MP3 player of your PHONE already hooked up to your computer to make your day easier. Then if you have a media card or space on your MP3 player or onboard Phone memory, simply copy the converted MP3 file into the Music folder and do so for all converstions.

Now the best part of all this is .. you can download multiple videos at once, just Pause them as you open them up on youtube so you can listen to which one you want before downloading it... you will get what i mean as you do this.

Also you can convert multiple video songs at once.

The convertion is FAST i mean like 3-6 secs fast per song. thats fast.

Sometimes the downloads are 1-6 min long and some are 1-30 secs, depends on the song length.

But for a fast FREE way to do all of this ... i can't complain and the music sounds GOOD afterwards just like it was playing on youtube.

If you need help please post away.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-28-2009, 10:43 AM
not my fault you don't know what good sound is.

gewgaw
04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
there is nothing found on Youtube that you cant get elsewhere... this is dumb

Madmax
04-03-2009, 08:01 AM
there is nothing found on Youtube that you cant get elsewhere... this is dumb

The part of your statement maybe true and maybe not, but the last part is most certainly not as i never go anywhere else to listen to music and/or videos.

gewgaw
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
The part of your statement maybe true and maybe not, but the last part is most certainly not as i never go anywhere else to listen to music and/or videos.

true, but i prefer downloading mp3 and scourring the internet for them maybe, idk