PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 70 -73 Camaro...

X-Man
03-27-2009, 03:52 PM
If anyone has seen such a car around town just sittin in someones yard or if anyone see's one for sale...let me know. Looking for a project car.

Giggle Squirt
03-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I will look for you!!! But if you see a 1978 T top camaro RS Let me know!!! I am desperate for one.

Timbit
03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
69 camaro here!!! :) if anyone has one of those, I am game!! :D

Giggle Squirt
03-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Tim you just want a 69 anything.

rmkryan
03-28-2009, 09:44 PM
A ford lover wants a chev... hmmm...

85mcss
03-28-2009, 10:36 PM
All ford owners dream of having a chevy lol. sorry old chevy not a new one there crap but the old ones are goodies. I just thought I would clear that up before it got out of hand lol.

Timbit
03-28-2009, 11:39 PM
+1 :) :thumbs_up:

Timbit
03-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Tim you just want a 69 anything.

:)....

Timbit
03-28-2009, 11:41 PM
A ford lover wants a chev... hmmm...

maybe even a dodge ;)

rmkryan
03-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Of course! You love getting Rammed!

_daynzy
03-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Of course! You love getting Rammed!

DODGE the father...
RAM the daughter

get a 71 roadrunner or demon, me love u long time.

85mcss
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
225 doncaster theres a 70 or so full bumper lt type camaro there green .Its been siting there in his drive way for years,last time I went there to ask him if it was for sale some little b#$@% came to the door smart mouth saying they were going to fix it up lol. yea right whatever. but bug the hell out of them you never know.

85mcss
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Giggle squirt theres a guy here on frontenac that has 2 camaro's one is in his yard covered up under a blue tarp and he has another beside his house thats grey and good shape. I'm sure the grey one has T-tops I dont think he would sell the blue Z-28 but he mite sell the grey one , again you never know.

85mcss
03-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Sorry timbit I dont know of any 69's hangin out lol not here in town anyways . I am looking for Monte carlos everyone I have an 85 SS thats in need for a parts car so if anybody knows of any please PM me . Also looking for Small block and Big block parts .

Peety
03-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Sorry timbit I dont know of any 69's hangin out lol not here in town anyways . I am looking for Monte carlos everyone I have an 85 SS thats in need for a parts car so if anybody knows of any please PM me . Also looking for Small block and Big block parts .

What year are you looking for in the Monte?
What small block parts are you looking for?

85mcss
03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I have an 85 so 81-88 would work . sbc parts looking for heads decent set to get redone,old alum intakes (non-stock) single planes, a set of long tube headers used but in good shape.............

Peety
03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I have an 85 so 81-88 would work . sbc parts looking for heads decent set to get redone,old alum intakes (non-stock) single planes, a set of long tube headers used but in good shape.............

What size of valves are you looking for in your heads?
And casting numbers?

85mcss
03-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Ideal heads would be 3927187 lol I want to stay away from vortec heads ( I have reasons lol) would like 64 cc chambers 2.02- 1.50 valves. this car will not see the street drag only and it will not be a pump gas car with upwards of 12.5:1 comp.
bare castings are good to they will be ported and worked very much . Alum would be great but they are pricey as heck. I had a set of brodix heads that needed repaired but ended up selling them (damn!)

Peety
03-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Ideal heads would be 3927187 lol I want to stay away from vortec heads ( I have reasons lol) would like 64 cc chambers 2.02- 1.50 valves. this car will not see the street drag only and it will not be a pump gas car with upwards of 12.5:1 comp.
bare castings are good to they will be ported and worked very much . Alum would be great but they are pricey as heck. I had a set of brodix heads that needed repaired but ended up selling them (damn!)

I will have to go look tho them,,,

X-Man
03-29-2009, 06:22 PM
225 doncaster theres a 70 or so full bumper lt type camaro there green .Its been siting there in his drive way for years,last time I went there to ask him if it was for sale some little b#$@% came to the door smart mouth saying they were going to fix it up lol. yea right whatever. but bug the hell out of them you never know.

Thanks man...thats not too far from here.

As well, there's about oh 30, 67-69 camaro's up at Andre's on people road. I was up there about 2 years ago just roamin around (with permission) and i saw plenty, and a 70 or 2 as well....

I just bought a 350 4 bolt main i'm gonna stroke out to a 383. I have heads, crank, and everything else for it, i havent stripped it down yet....All i want is the block...I will get rid of everything else if you need small block parts. as well i have a 454 block that i'm considering getting rid of.

thanks for the info and if you need some parts let me know. cheers

fenderbass
03-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey guys this is not a selling section...Sorry those are the rules. Just don't say the word "sell":)
in your posts....say"part with"....thanks

fenderbass
03-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I've build many SBC in the past. Ask away I may have answers..

Timbit
03-29-2009, 09:14 PM
andre doesn't have ANYTHING anymore :P he crushed everything when scrap steel was at it's highest this summer........good luck finding anything in a scrapyard nowadays.... :(

85mcss
03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry jay didn't mean it to get out of hand .

85mcss
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Damn Timbit thats down right sad .

X-Man
03-29-2009, 10:35 PM

LOL...yah i went by there tonight, after knocking on the door I was met with..."What do you want?"....(pretty awkward).....After the father came to the door, he pretty much told me "i'll burn it before I sell it".....so....looks like its gonna rot there as a lawn ornament. Not too mention after he told me he'd burnit before he sold it, he asked me if i'd fix it up for him......lol.....pretty weird situation really.....I had to laugh as i drove away though.

Oh well......there's lots out there anyways......maybey i'll ask him again later.

X-Man
03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
andre doesn't have ANYTHING anymore :P he crushed everything when scrap steel was at it's highest this summer........good luck finding anything in a scrapyard nowadays.... :(

Really?...i asked him like a month ago and he said that he still had them back there, he told me to come back when it was dry out and i could go back and have another gander.....I dunno what to think now.

Timbit
04-01-2009, 01:00 AM
well he for sure doens't have what he used to....I know he cleaned up the yard and crushed over 2000 cars he said last summer.....I watched the yard dwindle down....who knows what he has now, but I am curious to scrounge the yards to see what is around :)

85mcss
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Me to can't wait .

fenderbass
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry jay didn't mean it to get out of hand .
LOL! trouble maker....I didn't make the rules but maybe I can get and autoparts wanted or for sale sub forum here...let me see what I can do

_daynzy
04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
LOL! trouble maker....I didn't make the rules but maybe I can get and autoparts wanted or for sale sub forum here...let me see what I can do

good idear, i drive a dodge and i`m constantly always looking for parts :D

AmdWolfman
04-04-2009, 10:11 AM
If you got the time and moniey to spend on a rare at least vehicle, why don't you buy a kit car. look around google.

X-Man
04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
If you got the time and moniey to spend on a rare at least vehicle, why don't you buy a kit car. look around google.

not interested....i'd like an original with all the parts, interior etc.

rmkryan
04-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm with Xman on that one

85mcss
04-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Me makes 3 . I would rather build classic muscle .

rmkryan
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
A kit car is just not the same. The only good thing there for is the odd part you might need.

Timbit
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
+4 with you guys...nothing like the feel of restoring an old muscle to the original state....now that takes talent and money... :|

Jack Butler
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Unless you have done a kit, how would you know?
No less talent or money is used in the creation of a properly done kit, so....
The satisfaction can also be greater as you create something out of nothing.
Rebuilding muscle is restoration, creating a kit car, often is carriage building.
They are two different skills.

85mcss
04-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I helped a friend build a sterling kit car . Was fun to a point . Based on a VW chassis. About the only one I would really want is a 41 willy's like this one, http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/84078_1941_willys_replica/index.html But on the other hand I have restored a 1968 GTX conv. 440 etc very org. car from a junk yard took 3 years of blood sweat and tears and it was worth every min.
My current project is an all out drag car set-up for 10.5 tire comp. and so far it's also been a blast to work on . Chassis is an 25.2 rules pro mod style chassis dual tube and very stout . Will it take some time ? oh man yes lol, and money ...............lots. I would still rather take a destoryed car and bring it back from a rusty grave. A kit car in my eyes is a very large model kit . Heres your parts put it together ... now will that be charge or cash?

85mcss
04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/raub/1to1_scale_modelcar.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/raub/_v8bob_bob1a-1.jpg

Jack Butler
04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
The Sterling kind of kit is not what I was talking about.
Although a kit, very little chassis work or fabrication is needed.
There are very few kit built locally and hundreds of restorations.
I wonder if most truly understand what it takes.
Either way, hard to be prouder than driving something you built with your own hands.

85mcss
04-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Well I'm a drag racer so building the engine, trans ,chassis, all of the electronics , fuel system .cooling system,brakes , rear end plus all the body work including floors and fire wall yea I'm thinking the car is pretty much built from the ground up . I know every nut & bolt on that car and the pride I have in it is second to non next to a kit car based on an exsiting car to make it look like something that it will never be not my cup of tea. But thats just my taste. There are types of cars for everyone out there . Then there's the people that buy a car and have it restored by a shop else where and never see the car till its done and droped off to them, and thats fine someone saved another one but what pride if any at all is there in that? None . Everybody has there thing thats just not mine .

Jack Butler
04-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Drag cars and street cars are very different...one doesn't need a mechanical!
That being said, building one is a lot like a kit, where there are no rules.
Proper restoration have very little room for expression.
Resto-mod is more my thing. It combines both skills.
I like to think anyone can buy the parts needed in a restoration
That is not the case resto-mod or kit building.
There are no rules, it's up to your imagination and of course your wallet!
A Ford engine in a Chevy...a Viper rearend in a Cuda.
How about making an El Camino pull a G on a skid pad?
IMO, you can't beat, yesterdays muscle that incorporates modern technology!
That my friend, is what they call Hot Rodding!
And....Hot Rods Rule!

85mcss
04-05-2009, 04:51 PM
duh no **** lol drag cars can be dual use also . I know many 9 sec. cars that can and are used on the street . There are rules for drag cars also and many if not all are safer than some of the rigged together street cars out there.
Look around on the net for Street car nats or go here http://www.raceosca.com/ theres lots of drag cars out there that in order run must be able to pass a safty or a state inspection in order to run a class as well as pass tech for that event each and every time they want to run the car.

Jack Butler
04-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Now your talking pro street.
Drag cars can be a lot and are different than what is considered mechanically fit in Ontario.
Drag car in my book are just that, not meant for street use.
I've looked....if you think I don't know ****, how many 9 sec street cars are in this town?

85mcss
04-05-2009, 05:14 PM
10 sec used to be were it was at a 10 years ago . A pro street is not what I'm talking about they are mostly show and no go , they wouldnt run 10 with a 50 mph tail wind .And yes theres a manzo's 64 rambler its fully legal and will run mid 9's in the 1/4 .JJ kelly's dart worked 440 will run high 9's low 10's if it hooks up ( street legal). and there used to be a bad ass 64 mustang around ( mite have sold it) that was very capable of 9's . ('s are very reachable with todays parts and machine shops.

85mcss
04-05-2009, 05:16 PM
There was also a tube chassis fairmont at one time too dont know where it went .

Jack Butler
04-05-2009, 09:43 PM
2....possibly 3, over 2 decades, is not lots.
And the Ramble was seldom if ever driven on the street.
So, what you are saying is, there are none at present?
9's were always there....it's the certification issue.
Friends detune to stay out of the 9's in a 1/4 or or 5's in the 1/8, so.....
And, none of the cars are street driven.
Nice link, great cars.....how many are driven to the events?
I rest my case.

85mcss
04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Decades? lol no there still here . your getting excited and not reading well, theres more than that here that run very well (low 10's ).The mustang was here until last year . I heard the word divorce said around that car for the reason it was sold.
All Hot Rods, drag cars ,muscle cars, gassers, pro street,even some of the rice buners out there are a work of techincal art.That's the beauty of it run it on the street detuned getting 20mpg with a twin turbo small block , drive it to the track ,give a tune and run 9's have a great time ,detune it drive it home. What dont you get ? Power adders are very flexable now turbo's,Nos,fuel injection, even the vortec superchargers are tunable for a great drive on the street thanks to the electronics and computers that make it possable.And all on pump gas.will mine be drivin on the street no, it's being built for pro comp class racing. For cars running 7.50 - 9.90. No Sponsor all out of pocket funding .Will mine be pump gas hell no I'm building the car for a reason, I dont care what it costs for gas . You live once and I'm not about to be a wanabe keyboard racer.
Come on I've had better debates with my wife lol. It takes money to go fast and the bench racers talk about going fast . Oh rambler is a car ramble is what you were doing .
Case rested for you.

Jack Butler
04-05-2009, 11:38 PM
OooK....this time in English?
Bench Racer that's funny....ha, ha, ha!

85mcss
04-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Hot Rod Pump gas drags: invit only event:
drive 30 miles in traffic pass tech and run 93 oct. pump gas. You seem to have trouble with reading so heres a video.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Pump-Gas-Drags-2008-Day-2_161038.htm
yes there's 9.00 -8.00 - and 7.00 sec runs on pump gas .

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hrdp_2007_pump_gas_drags/index.html

Jack Butler
04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Ha, ha...you're three much!
From your posts....reading isn't your only short coming.
If that's what you are building, god bless ya!
Street cars that don't get driven on the street, it's a moot point.

X-Man
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
As for me...to each their own, i'm into restoration. I already have a 454 block and just picked up a 350 4bolt main....its gonna be a 383 stroker pumping straight gas & pushin 460 hp...so, some say retoration, some say hot rod...i say sleeper......and thats what i want to build, all original Except the engine & drive train......I want the car to rattle at a red and lay rubber on the green...thats it.....and not too mention a few of my buddys have cars as well, so we are thinking of starting out own car club.

Jack Butler
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Hay... you're the guy that started this, Ha, Ha, Ha!
Personally, if you are building a keeper, don't shop here.
Start with something from the south, if you can.
Canadian winters are brutal on a 40 year old car.
You're not matching numbers anyway, so....
Resto-mod is where it is at, IMO!
Numbers matching restos are not always drivers in the end.
Resto-mods are built for that specific reason.
The Resto-mod prices on Barrett-Jackson confirm what I say.
Properly done, some go for more than a numbers matching twin.
And lets face it, they outperform the original big time!
Love the sleeper......dog dish hubcaps......bench seat......red lines........
They never knew what hit'em....good luck!

X-Man
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Hay... you're the guy that started this, Ha, Ha, Ha!
Personally, if you are building a keeper, don't shop here.
Start with something from the south, if you can.
Canadian winters are brutal on a 40 year old car.
You're not matching numbers anyway, so....
Resto-mod is where it is at, IMO!
Numbers matching restos are not always drivers in the end.
Resto-mods are built for that specific reason.
The Resto-mod prices on Barrett-Jackson confirm what I say.
Properly done, some go for more than a numbers matching twin.
And lets face it, they outperform the original big time!
Love the sleeper......dog dish hubcaps......bench seat......red lines........
They never knew what hit'em....good luck!

why wouldnt i shop here?...if the car is solid ...its solid...i'll buy it...i seen many a junk heaps on ebay, nasty z's, and cars online.....so, it doesnt matter where you get it....it matters what kind of shape its in...cappeesh?.....I've been looking for 3 months now, i've seen alot of camaro's. I'd prefer to buy locally if i can, if the car is somewhat solid. I have a few emails of people buying online...there was one guy who had a camaro and sold it on ebay, the guy painted it flat black before he sold it. another fellow came along and bought it for like 6000$, when he got the car, he sandblasted the entire car, he had more bondo than metal. It was really really bad.

the car should have went for like 2000$, it was clearly a case of buying over the net and not seeing what your buying. I want to see what i'm buying. I'm willing to drive, i have no problems with that, but not to texas. 5-10 hours..yah no prob.

Jack Butler
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
There are bad deal everywhere.
The reason I say, what I say is rust, in the seams and the cracks etc.!
Depends on your finish line?
I've seen lots of junk with fresh paint.
I have also seen some that are sun faded with the dash cracked and pristine original paint on the frame.
Suit yourself, just trying to save you some heartache.
Distance is the issue and of course money, but patience is the key.
There is a good starting point out there somewhere, just probably not here.

Jack Butler
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.cars-on-line.com/camaro.html

X-Man
04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
There are bad deal everywhere.
The reason I say, what I say is rust, in the seams and the cracks etc.!
Depends on your finish line?
I've seen lots of junk with fresh paint.
I have also seen some that are sun faded with the dash cracked and pristine original paint on the frame.
Suit yourself, just trying to save you some heartache.
Distance is the issue and of course money, but patience is the key.
There is a good starting point out there somewhere, just probably not here.

I dont think you get it, i know what i'm looking at & for....i'm pretty seasoned when it comes to cars........HENCE!!!!!....thats why I WANT TO LOOK AT WHAT I"M BUYING!!!!!

Seriously...if you seen a car in town and know where i can get a look at it...thats great...tell me,.....if not, dont pull the old..."i know better"....your being insulting.

X-Man
04-07-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.cars-on-line.com/camaro.html

I know all about that bud...i posted that earlier

Jack Butler
04-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't necessarily know better, I know, what I know, take it or leave it.
No insult intended, I just hate rust!
I didn't see that link in this thread, so sorry to waste of your time.
You may have luck here and I know what you mean, I like to see and touch what I buy.
Pretty seasoned myself, with dozens of builds under my belt.
It's not about "I know better", but that's up to you!

Jack Butler
04-08-2009, 12:44 AM
This is from another thread on parts.
It's a keeper.

http://www.racingjunk.com/

X-Man
04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I found a car so, thanks for all the help....see ya on the road in about 2 years!!!!!!