PDA

View Full Version : Ontario and Tax and PC Gear.....

403_forbidden
03-27-2009, 02:53 PM
So now that Ontario is going to harmonize the GST and PST out of province orders on PC gear (and anything else for that matter) will get taxed at 13% instead of just being taxed the PST.....that really sucks...also I seen on the news that Ontario is introducing a E-Waste fee (like Alberta) on all electronic gear.....

Madmax
03-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Well i suppose amny will have to pay more or equal now on PC componets.

As for the waste fee, well i can always find a gully.

axalon2003
03-27-2009, 04:46 PM
The e-waste fee is added at the time of sale. It won't matter where you dumb your old parts.

Browster
03-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Its because of "people" like you we have to pay that fee...

General Lee
03-29-2009, 05:11 AM
it like motor oil and oil filters i noticed they charge an extra 20 cents on oil and filters

KDawg
03-29-2009, 07:05 AM

Its because of "people" like you we have to pay that fee...

That's not true. We have to pay the "fee" because the government is looking for a more palatable way to take money out of your pocket, to put into general revenues. They don't have the balls to just raise the sales tax.

Remember how the tire tax was supposed to fix our roads?

Ultra54
03-29-2009, 10:58 AM
That's not true. We have to pay the "fee" because the government is looking for a more palatable way to take money out of your pocket, to put into general revenues. They don't have the balls to just raise the sales tax.

If they were serious they would charge you an extra 20 bucks or something like that and then give you that money back when you returned it to a proper place to dispose of it. That is the only way to make sure Madmaxs everywhere weren't throwing garbage around the place like there own yards.

Madmax
03-29-2009, 04:00 PM
If they were serious they would charge you an extra 20 bucks or something like that and then give you that money back when you returned it to a proper place to dispose of it. That is the only way to make sure Madmaxs everywhere weren't throwing garbage around the place like there own yards.

I agree if they charge us a fee ... they should allow a PORTION of a refund of the TAX to be put back into our pocket when we dispose of the item properly.

They want to steal money from us and give none of it back, well lets make work for them.

Let them pay for the cleanup in the gullies and the land and water that those items will make a wasteland of. This way at least some money will go into cleaning up their mess they are making ppl choose to do.

Ultra54
03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
I'd rather see a fee added and simply refunded when you throw it out. We have to make garbage have value.

Madmax
03-30-2009, 08:38 AM
I'd rather see a fee added and simply refunded when you throw it out. We have to make garbage have value.

You know i won't dump into a gully, but you know what my point is about it.

Yes i rather see a refund or a portion of it when the item is thrown out properly.

Konig-OV
03-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Don't you get a government 'refund' once a month anyway MadMax?

Madmax
03-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Don't you get a government 'refund' once a month anyway MadMax?

Nope.

Giggle Squirt
04-03-2009, 05:21 AM
I am not sure if it is the same for every store, But i went to future shop the other day and the cost of the e tax on a new plasma tv was 10 dollars, the cost on a laptop was 2 50, and the cost for a desktop was 20 dollars. Last year the goverment started an "eco fee" on paints, motor oil, oil filter, airosol cans, transmission fluid, air filters for cars, different pestacides. The price is taged on at the cash. It is not reflected in the price of the product. like my laptop was 600.00, and then at the cash they added on the e tax (which they then taxed in the total)

Madmax
04-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Its just another way for the government to steal money from consumers.

403_forbidden
04-04-2009, 08:00 PM
I am not sure if it is the same for every store, But i went to future shop the other day and the cost of the e tax on a new plasma tv was 10 dollars, the cost on a laptop was 2 50, and the cost for a desktop was 20 dollars. Last year the goverment started an "eco fee" on paints, motor oil, oil filter, airosol cans, transmission fluid, air filters for cars, different pestacides. The price is taged on at the cash. It is not reflected in the price of the product. like my laptop was 600.00, and then at the cash they added on the e tax (which they then taxed in the total)

Yep...it's the same across Ontario for retailers and online e-tailers (even out of province)...it came into effect April 1....now I don't see any increase in the amount of places we can take our broken e-waste to....or even pickup service....after all we are now paying for it......agreed it is probably another money grab...it probably won't even go into the safe disposable of e-waste...