PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice from anyone that knows about cars!

xXx
03-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Just would like a few opinions before I bring my car in so I am not nose dived for expenses. I have a tiburon and i just went on a road trip to Toronto. Before the trip i had to replace my rear O2 sensor. And then on the way back my other O2 sensor went (which i was told was going to happen). So I replaced it too. Computer was cleared and check engine light went away. So just to be safe we ran the computer on the car one more time to make sure there was no other issues. Came back clean no other faulty sensors. But now ever since the last O2 sensor was replaced, the car is jerking slightly and sputtering in low rpm's. If I drive fast there is no issue, but if I am driving really slow is sputters and jerks when I slow down or come to a stop at a red light. The car is okay while idling most the time, only does it whiel driving in low speeds or down powering. The fuel filter is fine, no water in the gas tank and spark plugs/wires were all changed no long ago. Does anyone have a slight idea of anything it could be the the computer wont pick up fault. I was thinking forcing the car to drive with the broken O2 sensor to beable to get home might have done something. Any ideas would be great

_daynzy
03-29-2009, 10:12 AM
do you have any problems with your lights interior and exterior being dim and then while driving brightening? if so, have the altenator checked.. had that problem once

check the air filter

could be a bad batch of fuel too, that won't throw any codes.. try adding Heet or an octane booster and see if it makes a difference.

xXx
03-29-2009, 10:17 AM
actually not that I notice, but however the do dim when I turn the heat on, and only sometimes do they brighten. I just had a new alternator put in not long ago. Would the computer scan thing pick that up, or only sensors and computer related faults? ADD did you vehicle do the same thing mine did with the alternator issue?

rmkryan
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM
You could have an issue with the fuel filter, fuel pump, bad fuel, dirty injectors, dirty air filter, could need a tune up...

xXx
03-29-2009, 03:50 PM
I believe the fuel filter was changed not too long back, and I think my hubby checked it. I thought first it was water so I filled up my gas tank with premium good gas and put in gas line atifreeze, but hasn't really done anything for it. Fuel pump seems okay, but could be dirty perhaps or clogged. Was told might be tranny but I dont notice any noises. I hope its not :S

fenderbass
04-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Just would like a few opinions before I bring my car in so I am not nose dived for expenses. I have a tiburon and i just went on a road trip to Toronto. Before the trip i had to replace my rear O2 sensor. And then on the way back my other O2 sensor went (which i was told was going to happen). So I replaced it too. Computer was cleared and check engine light went away. So just to be safe we ran the computer on the car one more time to make sure there was no other issues. Came back clean no other faulty sensors. But now ever since the last O2 sensor was replaced, the car is jerking slightly and sputtering in low rpm's. If I drive fast there is no issue, but if I am driving really slow is sputters and jerks when I slow down or come to a stop at a red light. The car is okay while idling most the time, only does it whiel driving in low speeds or down powering. The fuel filter is fine, no water in the gas tank and spark plugs/wires were all changed no long ago. Does anyone have a slight idea of anything it could be the the computer wont pick up fault. I was thinking forcing the car to drive with the broken O2 sensor to beable to get home might have done something. Any ideas would be great

Well I don't know what make of car you are having trouble with but 02 sensors all act the same and perform the same functions on all makes...If you had an 02 sensor fail and the fuel trim was not reset then this will foul the plugs(spark plugs).. In simple terms the 02 sensors job is to make sure the PCM(COMPUTER) isn't over fueling..So it is most likely the fuel trim was not reset and now the spark plugs are fouled...If they are platinum plugs it is best to change them all.
or if they have a lot of miles on them then just change them...I hope this helped.