PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: Metallica

\m/ Rich \m/
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, i've gotten my hands on it, and i have to say, Activision did an EXCELLENT job with this. The character animations look great (even on wii), the song choices are phenomenal, and The intro screen, cutscenes and all the little bits and extras are very well executed. I've been playing on and off all day, and i managed to complete 36% of the drum career on Expert Plus. It's definitely a challenge. I've got the second kick pedal, but im finding my left leg to be much weaker than my right, and no matter what, when you've got the double bass rolling, both your legs get crampy real fast. I've managed to 5 star Orion and Fade to black (they're the first of the expert plus songs). I see an excellent challenge ahead.

Hats off to Activision for finally doing it right!

Anyone put their hands on it yet?

Thoughts?

Killswitch
04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Waiting for the PS2 version. It's supposed to be out on the 14th this month. I can't wait! :P

\m/ Rich \m/
04-09-2009, 01:02 AM
drums get frustrating.. there's some seriously difficult stuff in this game.

filthy
04-09-2009, 08:48 AM
It has a great setlist, excellent game! Has a key in the book, hope it's to export to GHWT.

Intangible
04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
It's a great game, but I am going to have to practice! I find this game a lot harder...obviously Metallica's songs are longer than most, with longer and more difficult solos. I also find you flunk a song much faster when you start screwing up....not a criticism of the game though. I just need to get better, LOL.

filthy
04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
damn! and mine is for PS3, not that it makes a difference as the 360 would have the same game features as the PS3....

\m/ Rich \m/
04-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Although it's extremely unlikely..

i dont understand your logic behind this - so far, the two track packs and ACDC have had export codes... why wouldnt beatles? - and if they dont include one, id be interested to find out why... maybe an rb3 on the near horizon?

speculation is wonderful!

B.David
04-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, it's unlikely because Harmonix can't make up their mind... First off, the track packs were based 100% from downloadable content in the first place. AC/DC was no more than a single album, whereas the Beatles is a full game.

Also, Harmonix originally stated that The Beatles game would not carry the Rock Band series name, and there would be no export option. That changed, and it's now part of the Rock Band series, but Harmonix has moved to stating "No comment" when asked about the export option.

It's not really up to them either, it's up to whomever is selling the rights to this game, as the music is meant to be used for Rock Band - The Beatles, and currently not Rock Band 2. They know it'll take away from a good chunk of sales, due to people renting the game and using the code, and then selling the disc to someone for lower than the retail price... another sale lost!

I really hope they choose an export option, as I'd love to mix in the Beatles with my primary RB2 library, which would put me over 400 songs. However, I won't get my hopes up too much.

\m/ Rich \m/
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Waiting for the PS2 version. It's supposed to be out on the 14th this month. I can't wait! :P

and so it is... apparently it did get released today..