PDA

View Full Version : Chronic fatigue syndrome

BAILEYDOG
04-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Has anyone on here ever been diagnosed with this or known of someone that has?

kitca
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
bailyedog, no, i cant answer that question. but i do have something else for you to think about. now that you have had the bypass are you eating correctly and taking all the vitamins and suppliments? have you been diagnosed? is there a definative test for it?

i was exhausted and realized wasnt getting nearly enough protein. i took the protien shakes every morning and the sublingual vitiman b's and it made a big difference. then i got tired again and checked my iron and it was really low. i needed the shots of iron and within a few months i was feeling good again. have you had all your bloodtests done and come back normal? i dont know if you have already followed this idea and realized that you have something more, but for me it made a big difference.

BAILEYDOG
04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Kitca this isn't for me I feel great, this is for my wife. But I do appreciate the concern.

kitca
04-01-2009, 11:26 PM
im sorry to hear she is not feeling well. i hope you can find some answers.

bluekrissyspikes
04-02-2009, 02:17 AM
i have heard of it but don't know much about it. me, my mom and my daughter have all had low iron at times. it makes you feel weak, very very tired all the time and just overall drained of energy. we all eat a variety of meats and vegetables but for some reason at different times we've all had trouble processing the iron from the meat. my daughter and mother have both had to get shots. personally, i took some iron supplements for a couple months and now about half of what i eat is meat or dark veggies and i haven't had the problem come back. i hope that the problem is something as simple as that and that your wife feels better soon.

kitca
04-02-2009, 05:13 PM
i have heard of it but don't know much about it. me, my mom and my daughter have all had low iron at times. it makes you feel weak, very very tired all the time and just overall drained of energy. we all eat a variety of meats and vegetables but for some reason at different times we've all had trouble processing the iron from the meat. my daughter and mother have both had to get shots. personally, i took some iron supplements for a couple months and now about half of what i eat is meat or dark veggies and i haven't had the problem come back. i hope that the problem is something as simple as that and that your wife feels better soon.

the iron thing can be so draining eh. ive been taking triple supliments daily (ive had the bypass) and still it wasnt enough to bring it into normal.

has your wife been diagnosed epstein bare?

Lazlowe
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes, I am aware of CFS - wife has it. There are no specific tests for it, but there are criteria. If the individual has pain in a certain number of specific muscle groups - both sides of the body - this is a strong indication of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, also known as Fibromyalgia. There is a local association that meets monthly. Wikipedia has a good writeup on it. Medical testing is usually done to eliminate other possible diseases or conditions.

Misschix
04-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Geez...Im starting to think that is what i got...
My muscles always ache
Im ALWAYS TIRED....I could sleep for days and days ....
I could lay in bed and only get up to pee
I take multivitamins but IM always needing to Nap...

Super Gram
04-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Stress and/or depresion can do that too.

kitca
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
yes, i know that depression can certainly do that.

something else very interesting was from that suzanne sommers book about hormones. it is called adreanal burnout and the symptoms are very similar to depression, in fact, depression is a symptom. depending how much stress you have been (and good stress counts too, its all stress to the body).

Misschix
04-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh i can guarantee IM probably depressed but I dont want to be on meds for it
so I guess im kinda stuck ...lol

AnnF.
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
My mother in law has CFS. She gets tired quickly. If she does a bit of housework, she can manage for 30 mins or so then she has to sit for at least an hour. When she does get it, it lasts for months, then she is fine. She has had this for 10 years or so.

I heard an advertisement of the radio the other day for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. Take a look, might find some interesting info.

Here is the address:
www.cdc.gov/cfs

BAILEYDOG
04-18-2009, 08:24 PM
ya I heard about that site to and when I looked up the indicaters it said if you had 4 of the 8 symptoms there was a chance you had it and my wife has 5 of them.