PDA

View Full Version : Funny Band Mishaps

fenderbass
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
So I thought it would be fun to read other band mishaps that you have
had happen to you or somebody you know..Our band was playing a wedding at a local Hotel..we had set the stage up and found that with all the gear on it we had very little room for the singer. Also we had rented some lighting and got our singer to control the light board...He had favored the red lights that were only inchs away from me,,As I was getting a tan I yelled over to the sing to switch the light colour
so I wouldn't get burned...lol..He tried to turn them off and fell of the stage. On to the dance
floor...To funny..no injurys though and the show went on...lol:)

Barry Morris
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Saw a band playing down in Michigan where there was a backdrop of four 4 x 8 sheets of plywood with designs and stuff.
Halfway through a song the whole thing tilted forward and landed on the drummer.
Very professional, nobody stopped playing, and the drummer held the thing up with one hand and kept playing with the other till help arrived.

fenderbass
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice...But I'm sure the guy that put the back drop up is out of work....:)

Stifflers Mom
04-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Well when I was on the road with a cover outfit called "Visions of Woodstock" we were opening for the Kentucky Headhunters at an outdoor show! I had already known that my drum stool wast sketchy at best...... So after the second song I go to hit my kick drum and the drum stool base breaks and I go backwards right off the stage that was a few flat beds put together! Of course I hurt myself, but I climbed back on the stage, and finished the song kinda crouching and trying to play! It was a disaster!!! Funny though!!!

X-Man
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
LOL! your lucky you never broke your neck!...Hope all is well dood.

X-Man
04-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I remember a night at foggy's, I was checking out Stifflers Mom, some cute girl jumps on stage, pulls her jean shorts down to her ankles, throws one hand in the air (rock hand sign..horn) , and threw her other fingers up her kazoo!...I believe someone took a picture of that...lol....I got an email a short while later...

\m/ Rich \m/
04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
yep i got that too, LOL

Stifflers Mom
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
LOL!!! I think the whole world got that one! I think I still have a disk with a bunch of pictures of that somewhere in this mess!!!! I never saw a bartender move so fast over that bar with a digital camera in my life!!! LOL!!! Ahhhhh the good ol days!!!

Jack Butler
04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
As the story goes, from Jackson Brown.....
A sound man gave a pass to a pretty young girl, warming up to him during sound check, he thought, YES!
Hours later, after doing everything he could to solidify the the night to come, she bailed.
When they walked off stage the drummer swept that girl away......
Rosie you're alright...you wear my ring...you know the rest of the song.
What you might not know is the sound man, so upset with the outcome, got a roll of dimes and dimed the door of the hotel room.
The dimes were used to fill the gaps around the door, leave the occupants and the hotel staff unable to open it.
The fire department was called to help remedy the situation and of course the news followed.
All were present when a very embarrassed drummer and a very young girl finally exitted the room to the cameras and questions.
Priceless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpmFwAb73X8&feature=related

Barry Morris
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Nice...But I'm sure the guy that put the back drop up is out of work....:)

Volunteers man, what can you do?? :) :) :)

fenderbass
04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Volunteers man, what can you do?? :) :) :)

I guess your right... but some people shouldn't volunteer though.:)

fenderbass
04-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Another time we were playing our first set, I think maybe third song and our lead guitar players
amp pops the fuse. We all would keep looking at the guitar player as he was still playing and
nothing was coming out..At the time he didn't know his amp was not working...but when the solo came and went he figured it out...And he didn't have spare fuses with him..It was a new amp and he never thought the fuse would go..

Barry Morris
04-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Guitar players!!!

We had a lead guitarist who bought a new Fender of some kind. He bragged for weeks about how awesome it was, what a terrific sound, way better than the old one, blah blah blah.

Then one day it all went to crap. He started complaining about what a piece of junk it was, sounded awful, piece of garbage, again blah blah blah.

I finally asked him, "Did you change the battery?" and he says,

"What battery?"

Duh!!

Stifflers Mom
04-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Another one......

A few years back we were playing a big bash down the line just before St. Joes Island and I thought it would be funny to steal the guitar players whammy bar.... Now I'm sure most of you know who I'm talking about! Well his whammy bar is like an extension of himself.... so as the first song progresses, he goes into his lead and the look on his face was total panic!!!! One of the funniest things ever!!!! We let it go for the whole set, then after the set, we gave it back!!! Funny stuff!!! He was mad!!!

X-Man
04-07-2009, 03:38 PM
LOL!!!...thats the best!...lol!

X-Man
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
One night we were at foggy's and my guitar players wife jumped on stage with a fellow G/f and started dancing. A guy jumped on stage and started dancing with the 2 girls & eventually started groping my guitar players wife, well, he calmly & safely put down his tele, ran across the stage full blast and blew him right off the stage, the guy went flying off the stage, slammed against the bar and stayed off, so My guitar player walked back over calmly picked up his guitar (mid song) and continued like nothing happened. That guy was going nuts...lol...he got kiked out. it was funny watching it all go down and nothing seemed to phase him or the rest of us.