PDA

View Full Version : larger dog beds

General Lee
06-30-2007, 07:48 AM
anyone know what kind is the best to get are ceader filled ones any good?

A*lil*Loopy
06-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I've tried sooooo many through the years and I've learned a few things. Make sure it fits in a washer! We really like the large white square ones that are meant for kennels/cages. They wash well, and are pretty comfy. We've tried the cedar ones and ended up throwing them out because of "accidents".
The white ones also hold their shape rather than bunching up and you feeling like you have to straighten their bed all the time.

Even though many of them have a washable cover, things get through that cover and then it's time for the garbage. The giant pillow types are ok, but don't wash well and some dogs aren't comfy on the top looking down (even though it's only a couple of inches). The white ones have a soft ridge so they can rest their chin if they like.

LadyNina
06-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Good points, Loopy.

General, also consider that your dog is a pup, and will probably rip things to shreads for a couple more months, if not for his first year. Sometimes it saves you cash to just use old towels and blankets you have around the house instead of buying a bed for 50 dollars or more, just to have him chew it apart in a matter of days.

Those white ones that fit in crates are ideal, just like Loopy said. They are less expensive, and definately easier to clean, and fit proper in any size of crate.

A*lil*Loopy
06-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I forgot the puppy factor. You could always use an old pillow til he gets bigger or pick up a doughnut bed. I have them for the pugs, they also wash well. The one piece is best as you don't have to fix it all the time. Last one I got was from Canadian Tire for under $20 but pet stores are best.

ronchrisw
06-30-2007, 05:03 PM
these aren't cedar filled - but they are amazing! LOVE ours!

http://www.kuranda.com/shop/products.asp

they come in all sizes!

A*lil*Loopy
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Those look wonderful, I may just invest in a couple. Thanks for posting the site.

d
07-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I tried a cedar one and my dog wouldn't go near it. $50 down the drain. I then went up to the VV boutique on Northern Avenue and picked up a sleeping bag and washed it and he sleeps on it all the time.