breeder
04-03-2009, 11:39 PM
anyone have some they want to share.

gewgaw
04-04-2009, 12:59 AM
YOU DONT GET ENOUGH protein being Vegan!!!!!!!! sheeshhhhhhh

heintzman
04-04-2009, 03:02 AM
i'm not really sure what a vegan is,,, or what they consider acceptable,, so if you could claify that , i'm sure i can help you out.

breeder
04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
i'm not really sure what a vegan is,,, or what they consider acceptable,, so if you could claify that , i'm sure i can help you out.

Vegetarian basically. Only animal by product I eat is cheese and eggs.

Jackie B
04-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Actually, vegetarianism is when people eat only plant products and animal products that do not require a death, like milk and cheese. Some will also occasionally eat chicken or fish as well. A vegan eats NO animal products of any kind, so no dairy, no eggs, etc...

I have a wonderful lentil salad recipe, but it calls for parmesan cheese, and therefore wouldn't be considered a vegan meal.

A*lil*Loopy
04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I was going to say that Jackie but as I also understand it, a vegan eats nothing that has eyes or products that come from them. (potatoes have eyes though, so how would that work? LOL)

I'm sure the Country Way store on Brock has some sort of information including cook books, maybe? I know they have things that nutritional yeast that goes into a mad cheese flavoured vegan sauce. Been meaning to try it but haven't yet. They are probably the very best source of information locally and they also have a nutritionist on staff and can answer any questions.

IMHO
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I still think these extremes are wrong. God gave us wonderful foods and we have to learn how to enjoy them all IN MODERATION. There are no bad foods...just bad eaters. Eat the same but eat less, walk and save a ton of money on diets and health clubs. Now back to my good brisk SIT !!!

Jackie B
04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL Hear hear!!! :thumbs_up:

gewgaw
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
tue Vegans are scary people...

Chaotic Chick
04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
tue Vegans are scary people...

What's scary about them? My sister was one for several years. The only reason she is no longer a vegan is that she was getting very ill and has always been severely underweight. It isn't like she is a serial killer or something. Now she is a vegetarian because she has to have cheese and eggs to make sure she doesn't get that ill again.

A*lil*Loopy
04-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I believe that if you actually had to kill your own food, there would probably be a lot more vegetarians out there. (but I still wouldn't be one, I like my steak!)

kitca
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
from all the reading ive been doing lately alot of the health doctors are saying to stay away from COMMERCIALILLY raised meat and products, and also to go as organic as possible. also, they are saying we as a society are eating way too many animal protiens and should be eating much more nut & legume protiens and we are not.

loopy, you are right about having to kill your own food. i dont think there is anything wrong with someone for deciding to be vegan. i wish i could.

and on that note, i will add that i dont have any recipes either, sorry, i just had to jump in and defend vegans.

gewgaw
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
from all the reading ive been doing lately alot of the health doctors are saying to stay away from COMMERCIALILLY raised meat and products, and also to go as organic as possible. also, they are saying we as a society are eating way too many animal protiens and should be eating much more nut & legume protiens and we are not.

loopy, you are right about having to kill your own food. i dont think there is anything wrong with someone for deciding to be vegan. i wish i could.

and on that note, i will add that i dont have any recipes either, sorry, i just had to jump in and defend vegans.

THERES nothing wrong with a heavy meat diet as long as you incorporate your legumes and fruits and veggies and plentyof exercise

gewgaw
04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
keep up that eating habits and see how long you last :whistles:

kitca
04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
geegaw, did you see the part where i said COMMERCIALLY raised meat? it is all of the hormones, antibiotics, additives, ... ... ... all the crap they use to feed and preserve the meats that is so bad for us.

gewgaw
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
geegaw, did you see the part where i said COMMERCIALLY raised meat? it is all of the hormones, antibiotics, additives, ... ... ... all the crap they use to feed and preserve the meats that is so bad for us.

ohhh i agree that s why i eat fresh meat :tongue:

but sometimees how does one avoid it? i just statd in general being "Vegan" is a big dead end

Tansy
04-05-2009, 05:56 AM
I have some Vegan friends. I hear there's alot of great things you can make with Polenta or Cornmeal. I also hear good things about gravies with broccoli, potato or yam water as the base.

Chaotic Chick
04-05-2009, 10:49 AM
ohhh i agree that s why i eat fresh meat :tongue:

but sometimees how does one avoid it? i just statd in general being "Vegan" is a big dead end

Actually, you called them "scary people". The proof is up there in my quote. :P My sister may be weird but she sure isn't scary. (And Vegansim has nothing to do with her weirdness lol).

gewgaw
04-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Actually, you called them "scary people". The proof is up there in my quote. :P My sister may be weird but she sure isn't scary. (And Vegansim has nothing to do with her weirdness lol).

i said scary cause all skinny and such... frail

gouligann
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry, I like my T-bones, ribs, pepperoni pizza, a good burger and chicken, but I respect those who don't want to eat animal products. I think being vegan is ok as long as you eat enough protein from other foods.
It's really nobody's business but your own. I'd rather see a vegan than a bulimic or anorexic. That would be a sad thing to be so thin and still think you're overweight.