PDA

View Full Version : Infant scales

chase_me
04-05-2009, 03:58 PM
does anyone know of a store locally that sells infant scales? i know i can order one online but would like to go buy one now if i possibly can.

Giggle Squirt
04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't know of anywhere in this city to buy one, but if i do recall, the parent child place on queen street by the bus terminal has a walk in thing where they will weigh the baby.

chase_me
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah they do but with a newborn and a 19 mth old and a husband that works 9-6 it is hard to go lol so i want one of my own. I will have to order it off ebay thanks for the advice though.

Toto
04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
does anyone know of a store locally that sells infant scales? i know i can order one online but would like to go buy one now if i possibly can.

You don't really need a baby scale, Chase Me. I never owned one and I was fairly accurate in getting my babies' weight. Just get on a regular scale by yourself - note the weight, then get on again while holding your baby. The difference between the two is the weight of your baby.

chase_me
04-05-2009, 07:05 PM
You don't really need a baby scale, Chase Me. I never owned one and I was fairly accurate in getting my babies' weight. Just get on a regular scale by yourself - note the weight, then get on again while holding your baby. The difference between the two is the weight of your baby.

That is true but i am breastfeeding and have had supply issues in the past so i need to know right down to the OZ so i can make sure he is getting enough. Otherwise i would not worry about his weight

Toto
04-05-2009, 07:10 PM
That is true but i am breastfeeding and have had supply issues in the past so i need to know right down to the OZ so i can make sure he is getting enough. Otherwise i would not worry about his weight

Ah! OK, I understand. I didn't realize that the ounces were so critical - you wouldn't get that with my method. Good luck!

Giggle Squirt
04-05-2009, 09:44 PM

Yep i am hopping that i can successfully BF this baby. I had issues with my first two. Nothing was comming in, i saw lactatin consulatans and did every trick in the book. I even tried some herb that was supposed to help. Nothing. :( I wish you luck. Did you have your baby yet???

chase_me
04-05-2009, 09:52 PM
yes i had him april 2nd. If i have issues this time my doc has allready prescribed me domperidone for my suipply..

i took fenugreek and blessed thistle last time it didn't work.

oatmeal is helpful though asnd lots of water

Giggle Squirt
04-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Well congrats on the baby!!! I did the fenugreek and blessed thistle too. I tried oatmeal but i just can't swallow the texture. I hope all goes well for you!!!!

chase_me
04-05-2009, 10:26 PM
ty get your doc to prescribe domperidone if you hsve issues it works

pickles for sale
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
chase-me----I am pretty sure that there are visiting nurses though Algoma Public Health that can come to your house regularly and check the babies weight and even check how breastfeeding is going.

They also have lactation consultants and there is a local LaLeche League were you can get more info.

Another great breastfeeding resource is kellymom.com and Dr. Jack Newman.

KelBear
04-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Not only that.. a breast fed baby will have so many soiled or wet diapers in a day if they are getting enough milk.

Your baby’s diapers are a good guide to how things are going. After the first few days, your baby will have approximately six wet diapers a day. The baby’s poo will have changed colour from black to dark brown to mustard coloured runny poo, usually by the time the baby is a week old. After the first week or two, your baby’s weight gain will tell you if he is getting enough milk.

Sophie's_Mommy
04-06-2009, 10:01 AM
when i was breastfeeding i was scared she was not getting enough and was having her weighed 2 times a week..lol..the nurse said as long as shes peeing and im changing normal amounts of diapers a day then she is getting enough, they say if they have little wet diapers threw out the day then they need to be getting more...i ended up having to stop at 3 months old cause either i was not producing enough m,ilk or she just did not want to breastfeed..as soon as i switched her to formula she grew like a bad weed, but then again even when she was BF she was growing and gaining weight..she is 9 months and when she was at her last appointment 2 weeks ago the doctor said she is the height and weight if a 14 months old..lol.all her clothes are 18 months, she is very long, shes 2 foot 5 inches and shes 9 months..lol.and shes not fat her weight is well proportioned with her height, shes 25 pounds..
anyways what i wanted to say is my cousin bought a infant scale 6 months ago and has used it once and she wants to sell it, she actually asked me a couple days ago if i wanted to buy it but i told her no i did not need it. so if you are still looking for one i ll call her up and let you know how much she wants for it..

chase_me
04-06-2009, 10:03 AM
please sophie's mommy ask her for a make of it so i can look it up and stuff and also let me know the prie you can pm me cause i forget to look back here sometimes lol.

Your daughter weighs more then my 19 month old haha.

Sophie's_Mommy
04-06-2009, 10:23 AM
lol,,she has boobies, i call her jugs..lol..the doctor said she is big and healthy, but she s not fat nor does she have rolls..i guess cause shes so long/tall it evens it out. But yes i will call her this afternoon when she gets home form work and i will pm you or msg you on facebook

Jst4u
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Your daughter weighs more than my almost 2 year old lol