PDA

View Full Version : My new entry at Soonews

04-08-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.soonews.ca/viewblog.php?id=21785

I like it. I think that I used Information properly, and my opinion was all right. So, I geuss I'll have feedback soon.

Suze
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I think it is great that you are trying to be active and vocal in your community, however, most people would probably take you more seriously if you used proper grammar and improved your writing skills. It really takes away your credibility when you do things like use random capitalization on words in the middle of a sentence. If you are intending to have articles published, perhaps you could take some additional creative writing courses at your school, or through night classes.

Kittie
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Interesting.
I think you should use spell check and grammar check before you publish your work though.
Where did the statistics come from? You need to link those or it sounds like theyre coming out of your ass.

SusyQ
04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Good for you kid at least your out there trying and not getting in trouble. I commend you.

Kittie
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I see Susy needs some spelling as well as grammar checks too! LOL
Just kidding girl.

someguy
04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
While the main idea behind it was good I think it lacked substance.

SusyQ
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I see Susy needs some spelling as well as grammar checks too! LOL
Just kidding girl.

I just got a root canal yesterday my toof is kwilling me. :smile:

Amaranth
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
It lacked anything to back it up. You did research? Then show it. I have taken workshops on child abuse and bullying... reputable workshops. Your little blurb there needs some references and more information. By the way google and wikipedia are not "good resources". (I get the idea that is where you got some of the information from since the statistics are not really accurate).

With that said you do need to proof read anything you write to be taken seriously. References have to be done a certain way. I know you are a kid but if you want adults to take you seriously you have to do these things. Don't get me wrong I work with young adults and other people and if I wrote a report like that my boss would fire me.

gewgaw
04-08-2009, 03:58 PM
you will be a fixture on these boards im sure..... i hate soonews btw they got rid of my chicken wings thread!!!!

gewgaw
04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
whats you site again..?

8th
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
www next to be banned!

italiandomino
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
i think everyone would take him serious if he used his real name rather then something Anonymous

Oscar_Leroy
04-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I like it. Even if the writing could use work, it was made with good intent. I do agree that statistics would be more effective if a source were to be quoted, however it did still manage to get the point across in a somewhat effective manner. Keep working on it, It's only going to get better.

04-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Well, in all truth, I sent my article as a Personal Message. I had no way of pushing that through the School board E-mail. It was annoying me and him, so I pm'd it after copying and pasting. And that is why it said at the bottom "Forward message"! But thanks to the some who gave thumbs up. And gewgaw if you want my site go onto Contact info. I can't post it here. It's spamming. It's a rule not to spam, and i try to follow these rules.