PDA

View Full Version : A Burlesque Show, YAY!!!!

A*lil*Loopy
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
We're finally getting one in town. I am soooooo excited and will definitely be attending.
I'm posting the url to their site in the hopes that more of you will attend and enjoy the whole fun thing. They even have a guy, how cool is that?

They are going to be here April 25th at Lop-Lops and I hope it's packed.
http://www.skintightouttasight.com/

No dirty pictures, I promise.

no name brand!
04-09-2009, 01:11 PM
different is good..

bouffant
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
How fromage-esque! That production looks like pure cheeze to me, from the terrible costumes to the overly cliched names, it already reeks of disspointment.

NewCasa
04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
How fromage-esque! That production looks like pure cheeze to me, from the terrible costumes to the overly cliched names, it already reeks of disspointment.

Well if that's how you feel you should just boycott the whole darn thing!

That'll fix em!

bouffant
04-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Relax there sister its just my opinion, and the reason why my opinion is so harsh is because i've seen real burlesque shows and the ones that really blow you away are the ones that are held in huge auditorium like structures where the stages actually metamorphosize from act to act and the lighting and sound are maticulously choreographed. I doubt a travelling show will have the same kind of effect on me. if you have never seen one. I suggest that you got see this but don't expect it to be like all moulin rouge or anything like that. For first time burlesque viewers, i'm sure it will be enjoyed.

SusyQ
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
It's not my cup of tea but have fun Loopy.

A*lil*Loopy
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Unfortunately the Sault can't attract or support a show of great proportions. This is still a very nice change of pace and will be a great way to lift my spirits before I have to go on a three day trip to Toronto with my Mother.

someguy
04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I went to one in Vegas before but this one looks a little trashy.

$Spendbender$
04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I think it looks like a hoot!

That's definately something I think I'd enjoy.

I agree that type of show isn't for everybody.

/but then, I'm not everybody.

NewCasa
04-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Relax there sister its just my opinion, and the reason why my opinion is so harsh is because i've seen real burlesque shows and the ones that really blow you away are the ones that are held in huge auditorium like structures where the stages actually metamorphosize from act to act and the lighting and sound are maticulously choreographed. I doubt a travelling show will have the same kind of effect on me. if you have never seen one. I suggest that you got see this but don't expect it to be like all moulin rouge or anything like that. For first time burlesque viewers, i'm sure it will be enjoyed.

Well sister, I haven't been to Moulin Rouge, though my parents went and I recall their comments. For myself, I've been to Folies Bergere and found it quite good. But this is Sault Ste. Marie and not Paris or even Vegas so I don't think we can expect quite the show we'd get at the source so I'd say the comparison would be, in a word - silly.

My comment was more just because I get so sick of people seeming to slam every single new thing that comes along and had very little to do with this actual event. The pettiness sometimes gets to me, sorry.

DemonBaby666
04-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh cool that looks so fun!! :)

gouligann
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I think it's worth a try. Might be cheesy, might be good.

We went to one in Vegas years ago, and it was fabulous.
An elderly couple were being shown to their table, and he was so keen on watching the girlies in the show as he walked, he hit our table and knocked every drink off onto the floor.

04-09-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd love to Moulin Rouge, cuter girls. I personally wouldn't go see this specific one, but my mind is open to other burlesque shows.