PDA

View Full Version : What if?

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
what if there was no welfare or social assistance of any kind except for ODSP for sick people?:tongue:

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
then i sure as heck would expect at that rate to see a heck of a lot more jobs opportunities!!!!

dancingqueen
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't think we would be able to handle the homeless rate...
very likely anarchy would ensue.

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 06:52 PM
no welfare + not enough jobs = public pandemonium

Macs II
04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
All married women should stay home, cook and clean. That you would free up lot of jobs for all the men http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/rolleye0012-1.gif

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
All married women should stay home, cook and clean. That you would free up lot of jobs for all the men http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/rolleye0012-1.gif

Macs no believe in welfare though

Macs II
04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Macs no believe in welfare though

Macs no believe welfare as a career

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
macs no believe welfare as a career

rotflmfaoooooooooooooooooo

Amaranth
04-09-2009, 07:40 PM

I am the one who works and my man stays home. I always made more money than he did so it makes sense to me. I still cook, clean and all that jazz though. :( I think he is a poor excuse for a housewife.

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I am the one who works and my man stays home. I always made more money than he did so it makes sense to me. I still cook, clean and all that jazz though. :( I think he is a poor excuse for a housewife.

lucky guy...

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I would feel so inferior if that was me in that kinda situation!

Amaranth
04-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I would feel so inferior if that was me in that kinda situation!

Why?

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Why?

cause id feel useless.. its supposed to be the guy that works outside the house,. yeah i guess im old fashioned like that

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:52 PM
what does it hurt to get more job opportunities in the city??? ohhh right the money has to come out of Admins pockets!!!! bahahahahaahaha jk

Amaranth
04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
cause id feel useless.. its supposed to be the guy that works outside the house,. yeah i guess im old fashioned like that

He doesn't feel useless. :) He is very useful. He stays home with his children so we do not have to have them in daycare. I make more money than he would. I love being a mommy but we need a decent income too. Besides there is no "supposed to". Single moms work so why can't a married mom????

bluekrissyspikes
04-09-2009, 07:57 PM

that's true. the mother should stay home and the father should be out supporting the family. that way the kids would be happier and get more attention and there would be enough jobs to go around

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:57 PM
He is very useful.

im sure in more ways than one

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
that's true. the mother should stay home and the father should be out supporting the family. that way the kids would be happier and get more attention and there would be enough jobs to go around

i agree here... in a way... but women have the right to work too

Barney Rubble
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
what if there was no welfare or social assistance of any kind except for ODSP for sick people?:tongue:

Then some folks on soonet would not anything to gossip about or blame their taxes on!

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Then some folks on soonet would not anything to gossip about or blame their taxes on!

or lots of people wouldnt be eating Alberta beef!!!!

b&aMom
04-09-2009, 08:39 PM

And all men who have been married, and had kids, should not be allowed to start any new family until they have paid for their share of the first one. And since the wife had to stay home to cook and clean, then he should have to pay to support her, too, right?

Uh huh.

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 08:40 PM
And all men who have been married, and had kids, should not be allowed to start any new family until they have paid for their share of the first one. And since the wife had to stay home to cook and clean, then he should have to pay to support her, too, right?

Uh huh.

then what about the girls with the baggage??

b&aMom
04-09-2009, 08:42 PM
then what about the girls with the baggage??

Then the guy that helped create the baggage needs to pay for them. Why, just because it grows in us for 9 months, must the woman be the only one responsible for the kid?

(Disclaimer: I believe there are almost as many deadbeat mothers as there are deadbeat fathers, failing to support their children.)

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I believe there are almost as many deadbeat mothers as there are deadbeat fathers, failing to support their children.)

i would have to agree here

Super Gram
04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
He doesn't feel useless. :) He is very useful. He stays home with his children so we do not have to have them in daycare. I make more money than he would. I love being a mommy but we need a decent income too. Besides there is no "supposed to". Single moms work so why can't a married mom????

Lots of married women make more money than their hubbies. Therefore hubby stays home and minds the kids.

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Lots of married women make more money than their hubbies. Therefore hubby stays home and minds the kids.

no wonder... its a sexist world

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I think if there was no welfare there would be alot more proud and productive people.

someguy
04-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I think if there was no welfare there would be alot more proud and productive people.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 11:07 PM

show me the jobs first

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:09 PM
show me the jobs first

I'll show you the end of my boot tell me where you live:wink:

Giggle Squirt
04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
If their was no welfare then i couldn't sit at home all day on the internet, "looking for jobs" as i contemplate who the father of my next kid will be.

someguy
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
If their was no welfare then i couldn't sit at home all day on the internet, "looking for jobs" as i contemplate who the father of my next kid will be.

You sound like the perfect campaign manager for the NDP next election

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM

so no...big change then bahahaha:wink:

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM
as i contemplate who the father of my next kid will be.

whoaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Giggle Squirt
04-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Haha, i am just being witchy.

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Haha, i am just being witchy.

me too, so did you get GST?:omg:

Giggle Squirt
04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
No i don't get gst. aparently i make to much and spend to much to get anythign back... i think it should be the more you spend the more you get back ....

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
No i don't get gst. aparently i make to much and spend to much to get anythign back... i think it should be the more you spend the more you get back ....

exactly or even if they sent us a thank you check for not living off the system:tongue:

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 11:21 PM

maybe if jobs were more abundant sure

Giggle Squirt
04-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Seriously it is the thought that counts right?

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
maybe if jobs were more abundant sure

stop with the job thing even the last few years when there were alot of jobs especially in construction there were still people waiting for hanouts, I started working when I was 16, I'm now 41 and never have been without a job.

Jackie B
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I would rather be home raising my children over working outside of the home any day. I am very grateful I can do that. I think there should be a parent at home, whether the mom or dad, whatever works for your family.

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:28 PM
What happens when the clock stops ticking?

put in your dentures high heels and make money the old fashion way!lol

mtnlion
04-09-2009, 11:28 PM
stop with the job thing even the last few years when there were alot of jobs especially in construction there were still people waiting for hanouts, I started working when I was 16, I'm now 41 and never have been without a job.

supply more jobs, then you can talk like this

im a true exaple of how bad the recession for jobs is right now, i am working yeah but i could have a bit better for my qualifcations but sadly i dont because of one, maybe i dont have the proper connections or 2 my luck is crap i am fully capable of these jobs im applying for and qualified at that, just always put on the back burner, hand me some of those connections if you have alot

someguy
04-09-2009, 11:29 PM
put in your dentures high heels and make money the old fashion way!lol

I'm NOW HIRING!

Giggle Squirt
04-09-2009, 11:30 PM

I am with you. i am not as old as you, but i have been working since i was 13. My parents never gave us anything so if i wanted a new bike or a sega then i had to buy it for myself. When i came home one day complaining that i didn't like my job, my dad said to me "sometimes you gotta do a job that you don't like doing, but do everythign you do to the best of your ability. If you do something and it has your name attached to it make sure that your proud to say your name is attached to it" the only time i didn't work was when i was on mat leave.

Peety
04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
I would rather be home raising my children over working outside of the home any day. I am very grateful I can do that. I think there should be a parent at home, whether the mom or dad, whatever works for your family.

I think the same thing!!
When I decided to have my baby I choose to stay home,
Kids need thier moms at home,,,

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
supply more jobs, then you can talk like this

im a true exaple of how bad the recession for jobs is right now, i am working yeah but i could have a bit better for my qualifcations but sadly i dont because of one, maybe i dont have the proper connections or 2 my luck is crap i am fully capable of these jobs im applying for and qualified at that, just always put on the back burner, hand me some of those connections if you have alot

how about last year when there were lots of jobs. If I hand you connections then you would owe me a favor and you know how darkness around the eyes collects favors. When I ask for the favor in return there is no questions asked you just do it. Are you up for that?:zip:

dancingqueen
04-09-2009, 11:33 PM
I am with you. i am not as old as you, but i have been working since i was 13. My parents never gave us anything so if i wanted a new bike or a sega then i had to buy it for myself. When i came home one day complaining that i didn't like my job, my dad said to me "sometimes you gotta do a job that you don't like doing, but do everythign you do to the best of your ability. If you do something and it has your name attached to it make sure that your proud to say your name is attached to it" the only time i didn't work was when i was on mat leave.

I'M proud that I work in a call center and try to scam good people out of their hard earned money!
(doesn't really work in some cases ;) )

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Your dad sounds like a wise man. If you can't do it with pride there is no sence doing it at all!

onefortheroad
04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I'M proud that I work in a call center and try to scam good people out of their hard earned money!

have you been drinking tonight you seem to be out of character?:wink:

someguy
04-09-2009, 11:37 PM

You ever collect any welfarian cash in your day to day work duties?

dancingqueen
04-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't see what that has to do with anything as far as pride in my work, or the lack thereof

dancingqueen
04-09-2009, 11:55 PM
have you been drinking tonight you seem to be out of character?:wink:

I've only had like 3 beer... takes a lot more than that to get me rilled up, and believe me, you'll know it :wink:

someguy
04-09-2009, 11:56 PM
I've only had like 3 beer... takes a lot more than that to get me rilled up, and believe me, you'll know it :wink:

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Giggle Squirt
04-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Dancingqueen, you need to have about 5 or 6 for me ok?? Make sure they are ice cold keiths.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Mooch lives...

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Dancingqueen, you need to have about 5 or 6 for me ok?? Make sure they are ice cold keiths.

I just bought a case of Keiths Preimum white with the money I worked for and I would not recomend it not the best!
:cry:

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:00 AM

hmmm, all I got is moose head this time round, I like to switch up my beer... as long as it isn't Molson Canadian :sbad:

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Meowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

no, I just get more loudmouthed than usual. usually I have to go back and make sure I didn't make too much of an ass of myself :wink:

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
hmmm, all I got is moose head this time round, I like to switch up my beer... as long as it isn't Molson Canadian :sbad:

hey I like Canadian! I also like rickards red:tongue:

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Anyways kids it's been fun but there's a monkey in my house that needs a spanking so I got to run

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM

Ok, sounds good... rickards white is good too... i recomend that one.. Molson canadian is gorss... hmmmm wild cat.. i have not had wildcat in years..

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:06 AM
If you like a good beer like rickards red how could you even think Canadian is good beer?
blech! they are like polar opposites of each other, you know really good beer to really bad stuff they call beer... I'm convinced that it's beaver piss :p

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Anyways kids it's been fun but there's a monkey in my house that needs a spanking so I got to run

:omg:

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
:omg:

:wink:

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:08 AM
If you like a good beer like rickards red how could you even think Canadian is good beer?
blech! they are like polar opposites of each other, you know really good beer to really bad stuff they call beer... I'm convinced that it's beaver piss :p

I have not had a beer/ drink in months... i would be happy with lucky right now.. or i would even settle for nothern breweries catfish beer... remember that? Or i would even drink warm steelback.

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:10 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa! warm Steelback?????
there's no need to punish yourself

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:10 AM

well I guess I like beaver......oh wait thats not what you asked actually 90% of the time I buy ricards I guess when I want to taste a little beaver I buy Canadian. bahahaha:tongue:

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:11 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww vag!nas are gross

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:11 AM
oh well another 6 months... then a nice cold glass of beer will do me!

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww vag!nas are gross

had to delete it sorry scared I might get banned

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
make it a really good one too :) like Stella ohhhhhh, mmmmmm, Stella is the best beer in the world

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:13 AM
some guy, i was told that monkey were not good pets... they like to throw their feces...

dancingqueen
Try one with a nice rack and you'll never go back

oh, I've had them both... I'm more of a meat and potatoes kinda guy :wink:

onefortheroad
Try one with a nice rack and you'll never go back

oh yah nothing better than TNA:shade:

Giggle Squirt
make it a really good one too :) like Stella ohhhhhh, mmmmmm, Stella is the best beer in the world

mmmm stella now i am salavating... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm droool... stella ......

The 6th Member Of AC/DC

Tsk Tsk, what does that do for the blood sugar lol

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:14 AM
excellent, no one's the wiser :p

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:14 AM
some guy, i was told that monkey were not good pets... they like to throw their feces...

My damn monkey spits at me and others...he also likes to regurgitate milk??? I gota take him to the vet

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Tsk Tsk, what does that do for the blood sugar lol

actually alcohol lowers blood sugar... course there are lots of carbs in it to raise it :) I just take some insulin :D

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
i think your monkey has issues.. maybe try drugging it instead of spanking it.

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:16 AM

ah You did strike me as a guy who liked tightly packed fudge:omg:

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:18 AM

I hear if you stick your monkey in a really dark hole he'll throw up after a while and go to sleep! bahahahah

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:19 AM

I tried giving him these little blue pills once and let me tell you he was really hard on me. Damn monkey just wouldn't stop slapping me

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Fudge that has nuts packed into it is supposed to be the best kind I hear

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:21 AM
ah You did strike me as a guy who liked tightly packed fudge:omg:

hahahahahaha
:cocktail: Indeed I do

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:24 AM
hahahahahaha
:cocktail: Indeed I do

if you get a big @$$ fudge packing machine do you rest your bear on it or will it spill.:wink:

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I think social assistance programs are important to have in place. I also think that it's important for these social assistance programs to be used as a LAST resort.

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:27 AM
no, I just put the beer on the floor when I'm using one and let the fudge packing machine do it's magic :zip:

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:28 AM
no, I just put the beer on the floor when I'm using one and let the fudge packing machine do it's magic :zip:

You get packed fudge with or without the nuts?

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I think social assistance programs are important to have in place. I also think that it's important for these social assistance programs to be used as a LAST resort.

ah back on topic I see.... Spoil sport :p

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
You get packed fudge with or without the nuts?

either/or... why so much interest in my fudge packing machine? :wink:

someguy

I seen this reply and I began to wonder where this came from till I read the first post in the thread...LOL

Oscar_Leroy
ah back on topic I see.... Spoil sport :p

HAHA!! i didn't read the rest of the thread..

dancingqueen
hahahaha

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:31 AM

Well I was looking at gettin in the business once but then I changed my mind rather quickly. So just checking to see how things were going these days with this business :tongue:

Brookelynn
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM

...lmao!! :omg:

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:33 AM
ahhhh, well it's fantastic, never know how good it is until you give it a try :rose:

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:34 AM
DQ you ever get wild and try that beaver piss?(canadian) you know what I mean:wink:

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 12:36 AM
monkeys throwing feces.. fudge packing machine?? hilarious.. that just made my night

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:37 AM
ahh you don't know the half of it.

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:38 AM
monkeys throwing feces.. fudge packing machine?? hilarious.. that just made my night

What ever you do Oscar never give your Monkey VIAGRA! WOW is all I have to say

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:39 AM
DQ you ever get wild and try that beaver piss?(canadian) you know what I mean:wink:

I did, many times, a long time ago, now I have a taste for the finer things, so I dropped the soggy tacos and went for the tube steak :p

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:40 AM
i did, many times, a long time ago, now i have a taste for the finer things, so i dropped the soggy tacos and went for the tube steak :p

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tmi

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
I did want taco bell till i read this.. thanks for keeping me on my diet dancingqueen.. you should be a life coach.

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
What ever you do Oscar never give your Monkey VIAGRA! WOW is all I have to say

HAHAHAHA!! thanks for the heads up!!

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:44 AM
HAHAHAHA!! thanks for the heads up!!

heads up is exactly what you'll get for a long time...lol

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I did, many times, a long time ago, now I have a taste for the finer things, so I dropped the soggy tacos and went for the tube steak :p

I always said why have a hotdog when you can have fresh smelling nice pink piece of tuna. Not too old though it just all lose like when you dig in!:wink:

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 12:54 AM
well, some people have hot dogs and others have polish sausages ;) and then there are those that have a smelly 'ol fish some like hot dogs, some like nice big juicy Polish sausages, and others like a nice ripe tuna :)

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 01:02 AM
well, some people have hot dogs and others have polish sausages ;) and then there are those that have a smelly 'ol fish some like hot dogs, some like nice big juicy Polish sausages, and others like a nice ripe tuna :)

yes but there are those who prefer the foot long while others prefer a sticky grilled cheese sanwich

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 01:03 AM
what about the veggies... who don't eat cheese or meat or any dairy???

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 01:05 AM
yes but there are those who prefer the foot long while others prefer a sticky grilled cheese sanwich

A sticky grilled cheese sandwich!!!!!!:omg:

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 01:08 AM

pure protien shots I guess bahahah:wink:

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 01:09 AM

ya you know you pull the two slices of bread apart and lick out the cheese:wink:

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 01:12 AM

They could always toss up a salad or two

dancingqueen
04-10-2009, 01:32 AM

ya, just like grandma used to have... :sbad:

someguy
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
no, I just get more loudmouthed than usual. usually I have to go back and make sure I didn't make too much of an ass of myself :wink:

LOL looks like your going to be busy today editing some posts

breeder
04-10-2009, 06:59 PM
ahhhh, well it's fantastic, never know how good it is until you give it a try :rose:

Well only a few of us know how good it is.:zip: