PDA

View Full Version : what colour...

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Would you paint your bedroom if you were redecorating?

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:35 AM
goldenROD

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:36 AM
I was thinking black.. make the room look bigger.

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:37 AM
To big is no good though..then again black will make it feel a lot tighter

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I was thinking black.. make the room look bigger.

once you go black you'll never go back:wink:

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:38 AM
I was thinking black and white for the bedroom... with red accents...

bluekrissyspikes
04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
if you are renting don't do black. i would sooner do the walls red and then do black and white in the decore.
for my own room though, i would like to do the walls grey/blue or green maybe. i dunno. all my walls are brown or orange and that's how they were when i moved in.
i think doing black on all the walls would be too much. maybe do an accent wall black or you could do a nice design in black on the wall with a projector. i saw someone do that with some koi fish and it looked amazing.

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:42 AM
I was thinking black and white for the bedroom... with red accents...

like aunt flo's red ribbion?

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
No not renting.. own but i was thinking white walls, black curtans, and red bedding and accents.. maybe with silver thrown in their.... i was thinking brown, but it is too nuteral...

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I really wanted a black room for the longest time as a kid.. parents wouldn't let me though.. I really like Toronto maple leafs blue now though.

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I really wanted a black room for the longest time as a kid.. parents wouldn't let me though.. I really like Toronto maple leafs blue now though.

Me too actually. Then when I was 16 i found this black cave I used to go to every once and a while and things were all good there.

bluekrissyspikes
04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
No not renting.. own but i was thinking white walls, black curtans, and red bedding and accents.. maybe with silver thrown in their.... i was thinking brown, but it is too nuteral...

brown is nice but i think it goes better with more earthy colours like the green and blues that i would do. black/white/red is a great colour combination that never goes out of style. silver goes with everything. i always see lots of nice bedding in those colours too.

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:48 AM
When i was a kid i wanted a burgendy room... Like i bugged and bugged for years.. finally i ended up with a sky blue.. :S

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:49 AM
brown is nice but i think it goes better with more earthy colours like the green and blues that i would do. black/white/red is a great colour combination that never goes out of style. silver goes with everything. i always see lots of nice bedding in those colours too.

i am trying to talke my finace in to this combo... :D

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 12:51 AM

Just surprise him someday!!

bluekrissyspikes
04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
When i was a kid i wanted a burgendy room... Like i bugged and bugged for years.. finally i ended up with a sky blue.. :S

i would have prefered that to what i had. i had circus animals in my room and i wanted black walls soooo bad. then when i went on a school trip my parents said they were re decorating my room while i was gone. i came home and they had done rainbows on my walls and wall paper hot air ballons.:embarassed:

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:52 AM

kinda like a 3 some? lucky guy, I always dream of combos two of one color mabey different shades and then one main color

bluekrissyspikes
04-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Just surprise him someday!!

yeah, i don't usually let hubby have much say in stuff like that. i mean, if he's totally against it i would take that into consideration but usually he likes whatever i decide we want.:wink:

Hermit
04-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Are you single or 'married'?

Go for tans and browns to attract guys.
Go for pinks and purples to attract gals.
Go for blues and 'egg shells' to attract bisexuals.
Go for white and more white to attract your relatives.

And for gosh sakes.....do NOT do any type of green (dark, pale, or otherwise). You're too young to know why. Just don't do it.

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:54 AM
haha then after that the broke down and my sister got a lime green/orange and purple room.. the green was so bright it glowed in the dark... then my youngest sister got a yellow/orange and red room.. and they made a huge deal about my burgendy room... LOL i still bring it up to this day.

someguy
04-10-2009, 12:55 AM

And for gosh sakes.....do NOT do any type of green (dark, pale, or otherwise). You're too young to know why. Just don't do it.

What color to attract 2 lesbians?

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
maybe thats the green... what is so wrong with a green room? My kid has a green room.

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
yeah, i don't usually let hubby have much say in stuff like that. i mean, if he's totally against it i would take that into consideration but usually he likes whatever i decide we want.:wink:

i bet if you ask him he'll say two is nice but 3 is always better colors that is

Oscar_Leroy
04-10-2009, 12:57 AM

I gave up on arguing with my wife about colors.. she'd pick one, I'd say no, She'd convince me, and it would end up looking good. Then I have to listen to "I told you so" so yeah, she usually has a pretty good tase in colors and I've learned recently that I dont. :embarassed:

Giggle Squirt
He is not totally opposed to the colour combo... just sitting in limbo.

onefortheroad
What color to attract 2 lesbians?

pink and lots of it:wink:

Peety

Tell me why no green?

bluekrissyspikes
i bet if you ask him he'll say two is nice but 3 is always better colors that is

probably. i think every guy would like three better. colours, i mean.:wink:

bluekrissyspikes
04-10-2009, 12:59 AM
He is not totally opposed to the colour combo... just sitting in limbo.

look up some rooms done really nicely in those colours and show him them. then just do it and if he really, really hates it, then you'll get to go shopping for new stuff again

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 01:01 AM
so hermit by your theory my kitchen attracts bisexuals, by bathroom attracks girls and my bedroom also attracts bisexuals... my living room attracts guys.. and i have no idea what my son's green room attracts.

onefortheroad
04-10-2009, 01:05 AM
so hermit by your theory my kitchen attracts bisexuals, by bathroom attracks girls and my bedroom also attracts bisexuals... my living room attracts guys.. and i have no idea what my son's green room attracts.

I say you leave your walls bare because everyone likes a neatly kept room!:embarassed:

mtnlion
04-10-2009, 01:29 AM
black

Super Gram
04-10-2009, 03:34 AM
When my kids were young I let them pick their own bedroom colors. What a mistake that was.......My daughter picked tangerine......my son picked brown.:embarassed:

emeraldlee
04-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Choose your bedding first, it is much easier to choose a paint color to go with it then it is to paint and then try to find your accessories. I did this recently with my living room curtains and for once my room looks put together (or at least is closer than it was)

Amaranth
04-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I was thinking of burgundy for my bedroom but my husband said it would look horrible. I think I will buy the burgundy paint while I am on vacation. :) And my living room will probably be painted soon as well (not sure what colour though). One of our kids wants a bright pink and lime green bedroom. Heh. I suppose I should not have bought her such bright coloured bedding because she wants those colours to match it!

Black would be hard to paint over and even if you own your house you may hate it in a couple of years or even a couple of weeks. lol Then it would be such a pain to change the colour. My friend once painted a room in her house black and it looked kind of weird.

H.E. Pennypacker
04-10-2009, 09:07 AM
black?????? are you goth? get some real colours

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portals/bmps_en_ca.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=fh_color_hiddenPage_ca&np=public_site%2Fapplications%2Fcolor_collections% 2FCFYH2009#/view_interiors/imprint_livingrm/2123-40/

http://www.coloryourworld.com/inspiration/index.jsp?lang=en

i also want to suggest going to the glidden store at the bottom of macdonald ave behind the old white rose. the lady there knows her paint. ICI paints are more expensive but definitely worth the price since they don't smell, last a LONG time and don't require a ton of coats

someguy
04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
i also want to suggest going to the glidden store at the bottom of macdonald ave behind the old white rose. the lady there knows her paint. ICI paints are more expensive but definitely worth the price since they don't smell, last a LONG time and don't require a ton of coats

I second that about the paint. Glidden is the best you can buy IMO

H.E. Pennypacker
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
ya and not that crap people buy at walmart

bluekrissyspikes
04-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I was thinking of burgundy for my bedroom but my husband said it would look horrible. I think I will buy the burgundy paint while I am on vacation. :) And my living room will probably be painted soon as well (not sure what colour though). One of our kids wants a bright pink and lime green bedroom. Heh. I suppose I should not have bought her such bright coloured bedding because she wants those colours to match it!

Black would be hard to paint over and even if you own your house you may hate it in a couple of years or even a couple of weeks. lol Then it would be such a pain to change the colour. My friend once painted a room in her house black and it looked kind of weird.

green and pink look good in a kids room. if what you are trying to match is really bright just go a few shades lighter, it will still match.

tippikitty
04-10-2009, 09:53 AM
pink and lots of it:wink:

I love pink. ;)

lynys
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
When I was a kid, my parents told my sister and I we were allowed to choose the colour we would be painting our bedrooms.

I chose dark forest green. I loved it!

Mom hated it, and just recently painted over it, having to use a whole lot of paint to cover it. LOL

Lollypop
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
My daughter painted her room a bright raspberry with black accessories. The room isen't very big 11x11. Quite a shock to the eyes when you first walk in. It looks horrid. I don't know how I am going to fix it when she leaves for school in the fall.

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
ya my sisters room was so bright my parents made her keep her door closed and the curtans closed so that the neighbours couldn't see the colours.

Sophie's_Mommy
04-10-2009, 10:44 AM
i am painting the babys room a light pastel green color, i ll have to find the card with the name but it is very very nice...

Giggle Squirt
04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
my son's room is so cool, it is transformers blue!!! but he wants it home depot orange. he has been asking for years to have his room home depot orange.

Sophie's_Mommy
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM
lol, cool..that would be nice, bright but cool for a boys room

nikaza
04-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I just redid our master bedroom. We choose black and white with red and silver accents. The walls are bright white, bedspread is black and white, furniture is black, picture above bed is a red rose, etc. I love it.
I get alot of ideas from www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/multigallery.esi

BrAt
04-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I would definitely do chocolate brown with a dark pink and silver accents. Don't think hubby would appreciate it though. lol

tippikitty
04-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Do men really care what the bedroom looks like? As long as I'm letting him in the bed he should be thankful.

Xzavia
04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Do men really care what the bedroom looks like? As long as I'm letting him in the bed he should be thankful.

:ssarcastic::ssarcastic::ssarcastic::ssarcastic:

Jst4u
04-10-2009, 09:31 PM
My daughters room when she was a baby was neopolitan colors. It was a horrid brown panelling and instead of removing it and putting drywall up, I painted it white then added a bold yet pale pink and chocolate brown stripes with the panels.

I got critisized when I picked the colors, but everyone that walked in the room fell in love with it. I'd love to do that to my bedroom.

Xzavia
04-10-2009, 09:33 PM
We're in the midst of redoing ours, he drew the line at the nice deep pink colour I picked out. We finally settled on a nice green, it's called "herbal". No too light, yet not dark either...very relaxing and cozy to look at the one wall I have done so far.

Our bedroom set is dark so a dark colour on the walls is out of the question, the floor is going to be a kinda honeyed oak too.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 09:35 PM
I picked Black. Like my soul..

Xzavia
04-10-2009, 09:42 PM
My daughter wants blue walls and a blue ceiling in her room, with a big rainbow over the walls and part of the ceiling...currently trying to ""offer" other ideas she might like instead.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 09:43 PM
My daughter wants blue walls and a blue ceiling in her room, with a big rainbow over the walls and part of the ceiling...currently trying to ""offer" other ideas she might like instead.

Damnit X you are trying to change her mind lol. Bribery is everything lol

Xzavia
04-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Even went so far as to bring home a whole whack of different colour samples, lots of purple and pinks. She didn't know you could get purple paint!!! LOL!!!

Luv'inLife
04-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I want kinda gold/yellow walls and red bed linen...I'm a bit phsyco and that suits me...no comment from 6th, 8th, crazymamma,lol

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Might as well glue mattresses to the walls since you need padded walls...

Luv'inLife
04-10-2009, 09:57 PM
shhhh, your telling my secrets!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Wait till 8th gets here lol

Luv'inLife
04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
and no there is not mirrors on the ceiling...its bad carma...and not so great to look at,lol

8th
04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
shhhh, your telling my secrets! Is bubble wrap a color

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Does the Pope make you kiss his ring lol

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Is bubble wrap a color

Alas, he arrives lol

Luv'inLife
04-10-2009, 10:07 PM
yes it comes in a few colors and is very fun to "pop"

8th
04-10-2009, 10:09 PM
yes it comes in a few colors and is very fun to "pop" That's the ball bin in department stores---------you've been warned before to stay out of those!

Luv'inLife
04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
1 time!!!!!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 10:12 PM
10 times!!!!!

Whoa

8th
04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
the truth comes out

Luv'inLife
04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
k, I'm going where x rated conversation are greatly accepted!! my bedroom!!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
04-10-2009, 10:15 PM
k, I'm going where x rated conversation are greatly accepted!! my bedroom!!

Just stay out of the closet lol

8th
04-10-2009, 10:16 PM
:sofftopic:

breeder
04-10-2009, 10:55 PM
and no there is not mirrors on the ceiling.

you should try them they are loads of fun:zip:

Sunshine19
04-10-2009, 11:03 PM

my bedroom when I lived at home had blue and white 3" stripes down the walls. It was awesome.