PDA

View Full Version : Bruising

SusyQ
04-10-2009, 12:41 PM
It's the weirdest thing. I shaved my legs a few days ago and ladies you know a couple days later when the hair starts too grow back you get itchy? Well I scratched and when I woke up the next day everywhere I had scratched was BRUISED. Any ideas?

lynys
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Your iron is low. Eat more veggies.

someguy
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Blood could be too thin as well or not clotting properly.

somethingunusual
04-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't ignore this. It sounds like your platelets could be low (from any number of causes) but if you're bleeding that easily it could be dangerous, especially if you bumped yourself and were bleeding internally and didn't know it. Do you get nosebleeds? I would go to your doctor or a walkin clinic and get a CBC drawn just to be sure it's not something serious. Hopefully it's nothing and you're just a really hard scratcher! Good luck!

Sophie's_Mommy
04-11-2009, 11:22 AM
have you had issues with bruising before this? ever since i was a toddler, i would bruise very easily, i would just bump into somethign and have a huge black bruise...the schools when i was a kid thought i was being abused at home..lmao...if this is just happening now, go get checked cause you should not bruise just from scratching. I wake up sometimes with bruises and have no idea how they go there..maybe you hit that spot and dont remember? anyways to be safe talk to your doctor.

lynys
04-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I get bruises all of the time and have no idea where they come from. Whenever my iron was low, it was worse.

Since eating more iron and meats, my body is not as bruised. Food for thought...

MaO3
04-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Susy, you really should get this checked out.

SusyQ
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
It could be my iron. I'll observe it for awhile and see what happens. Thanx guys.

mags
04-13-2009, 05:27 AM
Susy any other bruises? You really should get this checked out.

MissMuffett
04-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I have very low iron as well.. My last checkup 6 months ago i was 34. and its suppose to be in the 300's.... I was told to take 600 mg of iron a day.. I have noticed also that i get bruises in places i dont remember hitting.. I ended up with a huge bruise the size of my palm on my leg.. totally freeked me out when i noticed it while i was showering.... I will definately have to mention that @ my next dr apt.. On my other leg i had a bruise the same size a couple weeks ago...

b&aMom
04-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Suzy, I bruise from scratching though my clothes, especially my thighs...dry winter skin. The only time it HASN'T happened was when I was pregnant both times. I eat as well now as I did then, all I can think of is that my prenatal vitamin made the difference. Maybe take a good coverage daily vitamin with iron? (I have a family full of thin blood, poor clotting)