PDA

View Full Version : odd dog question...

rmkryan
04-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Can dogs tell that humans are pregnant? Ever since my girlfriend got pregnant, the dogs have been so posessive of her. they will lay on her and will growl and stuff if anyone tries to go near her, they will not leave her side. They wern't like this till she got pregnant. It is just a coincidence or can they tell?

mags
04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Yes, hormones will have changed her scent.

MaO3
04-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I agree. When I was pregnant for our first son, our old Shepard and Lab changed completely. He followed me everywhere, would even growl at my husband if he came near me. He had always slept on my husbands side of the room, but started sleeping on my side.
During my last pregnancy the last week and a half the dog was acting really really strange, he would circle around me like he was herding me. He would whin and cry if I closed the bathroom door. It was exceptionally strange. Our last son was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice and the nurse in the delivery said she'd only seen one other birth like that where there wasn't brain damage. He was fine thank god, My husband and my dad still to this day says that the dog knew something was wrong.

dodgegirl
04-14-2009, 11:03 AM
k ma that creeped me out

Giggle Squirt
04-14-2009, 09:42 PM
well, my dogs started acting this way before i even found out i was pregnant. Like they normally like to cuddle me and cuddle anyone, but they have become extra almost posessive of me... well it is hard to explain their behavour but it is different. They need to lay ON me... before they were happy being at my feet, and my female would lick my stomach till her tongue fell of if i let her.