PDA

View Full Version : Income Tax

Northerngirl
04-15-2009, 02:34 PM
If a income tax professional that does this for a living makes a mistake and now we owe the government money from this year and last year....Can the so called professional fix the mistake and are they liable because they made the mistake?

someguy
04-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Usually it can be fixed if this person knows what they are doing. If it is HR Block they are liable someone else not too sure though.

Tutones
04-15-2009, 04:56 PM
You are liable for all taxes that need to be paid, they are liable for any penalties or interest incurred as a result of the error.

This happened to us about 5 years ago, so this is first hand experience talking.

bluekrissyspikes
04-15-2009, 06:29 PM
there must be a way to fix it. there's always h and r block commercials about fixing other peoples tax errors. maybe take it to them to correct?

Barney Rubble
04-15-2009, 11:50 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20090415/scrwiz090415.gif

Xzavia
04-16-2009, 12:24 AM
We got one of those nice letters a few years ago telling us we owed money because of something with our income tax. Got the letter almost a year after we filed our income tax. H&R Block did and has always done our taxes so I went in there with it and with our income tax papers they had prepared, they looked it over and told me not to worry, they'd take care of it.

Never heard anymore from it.

Super Gram
04-16-2009, 01:16 AM
My daughter does our income tax. She get one of those tax things that tell you what to do as you go along. So far we have been ok.She does it on the computer, files it and we wait for a refund. If it was done wrong we would just have to pay it.

Northerngirl
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks everyone....just ticks me off when u get someone to do your income tax that should know what they are doing and then you get a surprise in the mail saying you owe money, especially when between the both of us we don't make much money. Its GST I have to pay back a couple hundred from last year which is bs. Does GST take the money you owe them off the cheque they send you in July 2009? If so I will just wait until then. My poor husband finds out that he has to pay back more money then he originally did, already paid what he had to now they send another saying he has to pay more, I don't understand that, we sure as hell don't make enourmous amounts of money, he only works retail, just p***** me off.

bluekrissyspikes
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
yeah, they'll take it off any future amounts you get