PDA

View Full Version : so easy cake

kitca
04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
someone told me to try this cake mix. it is so easy and so good. a chocolate cake mix, one egg and a can of cherry pie filling. mix all together - it is very thick - and bake at 350 for 30-40 min. we are having it with a bit of choc ice cream and it is so delicious!

i make the pumpkin cake too, which is a box of yellow cake mix, an egg and a can of pumpkin. i feel like im getting some veggies that way, lol. but it is light and moist and yum.

just wanted to share...

BrAt
04-17-2009, 12:33 AM
I made the same cake but I made it in the microwave in a silicone cake pan. 8 mins and it was done.

kitca
04-17-2009, 11:00 AM
8 minutes, holy cow! i keep the cans and mixes on hand and when i have the oven on for awhile at 350 i whip them up and put them in at the same time. we dont do dessert all that much, but it makes a nice treat.

have you done any other variations with the pie fillings and mixes?

BrAt
04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Ya.. white cake mix with strawberries topped with whipped cream when it's cooled. Chocolate and raspberry. Angel food with lemon.

You can really make just about any kind. Super great in the microwave too.. very moist.

kitty&mimi
04-18-2009, 08:05 AM
hmmmm the pumpkin one sounds good i might try that

here's one:

angel food cake mix, can crushed pineapple

very sweet but quick and delish

AnnF.
04-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I have made this cake . . . so easy and so delicious!

MaO3
04-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I've made the Angelfood Cake mix and crushed pineapple one. Oh boy its so good.
Just remember when you put that in a bowl, make sure its a LARGE bowl. It doubles or triples in volume

Thanks for reminding me about that recipe. I'd forgotten all about it.
So nice when its still a bit warm with whip cream or ice cream.