PDA

View Full Version : Killing two birds with one stone here...

Giggle Squirt
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok, so instead of starting two differnt threads i am going to ask two questions here..
1... I am watning to start a scrap book for my kids... I am usulaly creative but i have no idea where to start.. I know the basic concept of sticking pics to paper and makint them look pretty but i am feeling over whelmed... any advice or sites that you found helpfull would be greatly appreciated..

2... My great grandma collected the red rose tea figurines. I have about 50 on display and a few hundred in a box. By looking at this site http://members.shaw.ca/mikesgeneralstore/redrosetea.htm i am pretty sure i have the whole collection plus some dubbles. I am not looking to sell them but where would i go to get them appraised? I am thinking of insuring them... and can you even insure stuff like that??? I would hate to see anythign happen to them... And please don't just say call.. because i have no idea where i would call for this information...

Bufford
04-20-2009, 06:26 PM
I have afew of them, looked at the site and I have a lamb but its not listed

Giggle Squirt
04-20-2009, 06:36 PM
that site does not list all of them... The ones i have are from 1950 to the 1980's...

kitca
04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
i have done a scrapbook for my daughters school years. i used the regular sized paper, the 8.5 x 11. i found it much easier and cheaper, i was able to use a binder and get a big box of page protectors. you can actually buy alot of supplies at the dollar store. there is a scrapbooking store near gore st. called scrapbook friendzy, and a home based scrapbook dealer 'beverly baxter of creative memories' - she would be in the phone book.

i use the computer to type out my journalling, and glue sticks to stick the pictures down. you can do a theme like yearly, or school grades, or by sports or hobbies. it doesnt matter where you start, because with a binder you can always rearrange it in whatever order you want later.

as far as websites, i would just do a googlesearch and see if anything gets you. there isnt anyone that i use. i think beverly baxter may have an open nite where she charges five dollars a person for the evening to come and scrapbook. im sure she would help you, that is where you get the best ideas is from others.

EyelashExtensions
04-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I scrapbook too, google is your friend when it comes to scrapbooking. Really I just went out bought a ton of stuff and went crazy. There are a few groups around town that do scrapbooking, however I never bothered to go to any. You can easily spend a $1000 on scrapbooking stuff and still feel like you don't have enough! There is embossing, painting, stamping, the list goes on and on!

Peety
04-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Has any one bought the cricket?

kitca
04-21-2009, 10:42 AM
i have the crikut and i love it. i get together every week with a couple of girls and we each bought a few different cartridges for it and it is great. however, it isnt necassary. you could do your titles on the computer. for most of us, who get together, the scrapbooking extras make great birthday, christmas presents and that is how we aquire them.

you do not need all the stuff, but it does make it easier. still, dont need it. it depends how much you enjoy it as a hobby. as far as just wanting to save your childrens memoribillia and pictures in a nice, pretty ,organized way; you can do it very nicely without spending a fortune.

Giggle Squirt
04-21-2009, 08:48 PM
well, last night i completed the first page of my book... I ended up googling page ideas for 3 hours... i didn't even realize it until my hunny got up to go to bed.... oh well.. maybe tomorrow i will start on page 2 or 3

sereenie
04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
i scrapbook, i get all my supplies anad stuff at the dollerstore, they have some pretty amazing stuff in there, and for the price, it cant be beat, but if ur looking for certain stuff i think theres a place called scrapbooking frenzy