PDA

View Full Version : Who does Appraisals?

04-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Who in town does auto appraisals?

I just bought an 89 Cavalier Z24, and because it is over 20 yrs old and not listed in the red book, the Ministry of Finance wants to make sure I didn't get a "deal" on "a vehicle close to collectible status that may be of up and coming value" so that they could charge me taxes on the "fair market price" and not the $200 I paid for it. Don't get me started on the MTO, :tMad:

Getting this damned car on the road has been a nightmare, not parts or mechanical wise, but paperwork wise, and I detest the drivers and vehicles office here because they always give me a hassle almost every time I go in there regarding a vehicle registration.

msdvs
04-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Try calling a couple insurance offices?
They should be able to point you in the right direction.

velle
04-23-2009, 02:32 AM
I had one of these pieces of S%*T. Watch the head gasket fail and then drive it to the scrapyard!!! Sorry!!! No wonder GM is on the brink of extinction!!!

someguy
04-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Usually an appraiser will do auto appraisals.:wink:

_daynzy
04-23-2009, 06:03 PM
City Center Motors on great northern does them I believe

04-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Ended up getting it doen at Bitonti Motors.

As for the piece of ^%$^ blowing the headgasket, my dad had a celebrity wagon with the 2.8 in it and it was still going strong at 300000km when the chassis started falling apart from the GM undercarriage/frame rot issues that have plagued GM since the late 70's.

This one's at least been undercoated all it's life and is solid underneath.