PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

Sweet_And_Innocent
04-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Anyone else getting constant pressure headaches from the weather changing so much lately?? It's so darn frusterating and nothing seems to be getting rid of them. Just wondering if anyone else feels my pain or am I the only whinner lol

~ Sweet

Misschix
04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
I had the flu on tuesday, ive now had a headache since wednesday, it is constant and painful,

I found to relieve some pain...

Extra strength advil (it dulls the pain but its still there)
Put a bag of frozen peas or corn on the back part of your neck by your head,..relief in seconds....

I suffer from migraines every few years, sometimes ive had to go to emerg to get an IV drip with a concotion of meds .. my dr. prescribed me percocet for them, but i have 3 kids no way...

your not the only one...trust me

Luv'inLife
04-25-2009, 01:39 PM
I see a doctor in hamilton for headaches, what you are suffering from is a barometric headache, take something with an anti inflamatory such as advil or for better results take benedryl, also put cold to your head and yes the bag of peas work great, but also put heat on the back of your neck/shoulders so you don't get a tention headache from the cold pack. It is not really a migraine, but sure hurts as much.

Sweet_And_Innocent
04-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I suffer from migraines aswell..from about the age of 15 and I know that these are different..its just the constant dull pain that is irritating... I usually put heat on my neck and shoulders when I cant get into the chiro but I will definitly try ice packs now too! Thanks for everyones input, its much appreciated

Luv'inLife
04-25-2009, 03:10 PM
your like me, when I went to Hamilton the first time they determined that I suffer from 5 different types of headaches and I needed to lean the difference in order to properly treat them. Good Luck all headaches hurt like heck!

kitty&mimi
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Anyone else getting constant pressure headaches from the weather changing so much lately?? It's so darn frusterating and nothing seems to be getting rid of them. Just wondering if anyone else feels my pain or am I the only whinner lol

~ Sweet

yes!!!!!!!
ithought i was going nuts
the other day i had a nasty one...lasted for hrs! had to go to sleep to find relief!
and today too i was starting one...
i dont usually get headaches

b&aMom
04-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Sweet, I'll second an anti-inflammatory like Advil (ibuprofen), for headaches caused by pressure changes. I never had them until I moved back from BC. Weird, but I get one and know a weather system is moving in. The ibuprofen works great. A few of them have been very close to migraine-level pain for me.

someguy
04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I have migraines that have been drivingme nuts the past few weeks with the weather. I take ocycontin and oxyxoxet as well as at times ending up in emerg for the IV

b&aMom
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Whoa! You got oxy's for migraines? Best I ever got was Valium back in the early 80s, as nothing worked, and I'm allergic to codeine.

That IV migraine protocol at the ER was a charm for me in the fall. First one I'd had in more than 20 years. Someguy, part of that is a benadryl (sp?) type drug, another part is re-hydrating. Drinking enough (non-alcoholic) fluids? That's actually a good suggestion for most with headaches, and most never think of it.

someguy
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
As soon as I feel it coming on I take benadryl and drink lots of water but it usually doesn't work. I also have Migranol Spray and Maxalt but usually I end up in emerg.

Giggle Squirt
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I have been suffering from migranes since i was 2. No word of a lie i had to wear a helmet because the docs were scared that i would give myself brain damage because when i got one, (which was daily) i would hit my head off whatever i could to try to get it to go away... i have been on like every migrane med you can imagine and the hospital knows what drugs work in the iv and usually skip the first 3.. now that i am pregnant i can't take half of what i took to keep my migranes under controll... i feel so bad for anyone with a headache.. it is hell... In elementary school they had a special area set up for me for when i got a migraine... :S

someguy
04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I've had such a headache the last few hours I want to blow my brains out!

Luv'inLife
04-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I have been suffering from migranes since i was 2. No word of a lie i had to wear a helmet because the docs were scared that i would give myself brain damage because when i got one, (which was daily) i would hit my head off whatever i could to try to get it to go away... i have been on like every migrane med you can imagine and the hospital knows what drugs work in the iv and usually skip the first 3.. now that i am pregnant i can't take half of what i took to keep my migranes under controll... i feel so bad for anyone with a headache.. it is hell... In elementary school they had a special area set up for me for when i got a migraine... :S

yep I was 3 whe mine started, I've also tried everything and basically just suffer till its over 1-10 days ussually. All headaches hurt, not all are migraine but they all hurt the same.

MaO3
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
In the last two or three weeks I've been suffering from what I guess are exertion or exercise headaches. Its been brutal, does anyone have any experience with those.

My doctor only suggested I stop working out! Nice eh, trying to get healthy and I'm told to stop. I'm trying a muscle relaxant to see if that helps but so far its been of no help. Anyone?

Sweet_And_Innocent
04-30-2009, 01:21 AM
So... I woke up with a freakin Migraine today... Im moving tomorrow and if I thought packing stuff up with a pressure headache was bad... oh my was in for a treat today..When I lived in Traverse City about 9 years ago I was put on a migraine med called Midrin and it actually worked.. knocked you out...but worked. However when i asked my dr. here about it, she said Canada doesnt have it??? ...She tried giving me something I put under my tongue and that never worked. Besides oxy's (which ive never heard of for migraines .. no offence) has anyone else had luck with a certian med besides the dreaded iv drip at the emerg

someguy
04-30-2009, 01:22 PM
So... I woke up with a freakin Migraine today... Im moving tomorrow and if I thought packing stuff up with a pressure headache was bad... oh my was in for a treat today..When I lived in Traverse City about 9 years ago I was put on a migraine med called Midrin and it actually worked.. knocked you out...but worked. However when i asked my dr. here about it, she said Canada doesnt have it??? ...She tried giving me something I put under my tongue and that never worked. Besides oxy's (which ive never heard of for migraines .. no offence) has anyone else had luck with a certian med besides the dreaded iv drip at the emerg

ask for Maxalt or Migranol Spray

mags
04-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Migranol Spray works well for some. There is also Imitrex.

Northerngirl
05-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I thought I was going nuts...I have had the same thing the past week. A headache from hell that just won't go away. I thought it was my allergies or if I had high blood pressure. It seems to happen with exertion..maybe im working too much, lol. Ibuprofen seems to work a bit, dulls some of the pain.

Babzz
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I get the headaches too. I wake up with huge ones some days where you would think I was drinking all night.. sigh
I get a nasal spray from the doc that helps them though.
Good luck to you

lk_wicked
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I end up in emerg with my migraines too. but i suffer both tension headaches and migraines, and both can be quite debilitating. My chiropractor helps alot. Also I take a percocept with a 600 mg ibprofen to attack the really bad headaches. We have tried, beta blockers, migrane pills, maxalt, etc...even blood pressure pills. to no avail. I have seen neurologists among many other professionals, had cat scans etc... nothing works. so its either percocept with ibprofen, or an iv at emerg. the ibprofen 600's really make a difference from the smaller doses you get over the counter.

incidently, heat on the back of my neck, causes my headaches to get worse. I use ice on the back of my neck. my sister uses heat. so if you try heat and it makes it worse, try the ice.

Tutones
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM

~ Sweet

I feel your pain. I always get headaches when the weather pressure changes too quickly and have been eating advil for four days now!

I haven't had a migraine since I was introduced to Maxalt - works wonders. Put it on my tongue as soon as I feel one coming on and it's GONE within half an hour!

b&aMom
07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
For anyone waking up with them, have you tried a chiropractic pillow? I've had one for 11 years, and rarely wake with a headache now. If you can't afford a good one, that fits your proportions, try rolling a towel for neck support, putting it in your pillow case, at the bottom edge of your pillow. It may take a few nights to adjust to the feeling, but your neck should be straight when you sleep, and your head not on an angle (when on side).

For anyone who strains muscles, and that causes a headache, have you tried Head On migraine formula? A swipe across the forehead, temples, and swipe up each side of the back of the neck, where the muscles are tight. Works like a charm for both my daughter and I.

Also, if you take OTC meds regularly for headaches, you can actually have rebound headaches from the meds over the next few days.

If your headaches regularly occur on weekends, are you drinking the same amount of coffee as you would on a weekday? Caffeine withdrawl can cause migraine-strength headaches. Found that out in university.

Can you tell I've had just about every headache type known to man? LOL