PDA

View Full Version : The truth about local GM Dealers

fenderbass
05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=95945727352&h=clqVz&u=WS-zj&ref=nf

Barry Morris
05-01-2009, 11:01 PM
"He said the company has made big strides in increasing the quality of its vehicles and their emotional appeal, despite a recent tide of "GM bashers," who would have the public believe otherwise.

"Our biggest problem is nobody knows," how far the company has already come, said Prouse. "Believe me, they will."

Indeed we will. If GM continues to be the number one three year old used car, then we'll know the "throw away" car is alive and well.

Jack Butler
05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
The truth is.....no one knows.
Buick will have to expand their line considerably, I would think.
It appears they make 3 vehicles and none at the entry or economy level.
It will be difficult, regardless of what GM decides, with a small fraction of the original dealership.
What about the renovations...I'm told extensive renovations are mandatory.

http://www.buick.com/

fenderbass
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Buick does make an entry level car...

fenderbass
05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
The major problem we had with Pontiac was they dropped all the popular lines like the Grand Prix and Grand Am...even the Sunfire...these were all top sellers for us. When Gm started to out source and replaced above mentioned cars with the G5,G6,and most recently the G8. The workmanship and quality of these cars was not Pontiac quality. But almost all Deawoo. Even the new Wave and Chevy Aveo are all deawoo..Buick is now making the best cars for GM. Most of our lines are going to expand. GMC has new models coming out. And Buick is going to pick up the G5...And I hope its a better car then it has been....None of the Sault's GM dealers are going any were. Prouse is set this summer to expand our once body shop into our new drive thru service department...

Juggs
05-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I think prouse is just blowing smoke. Why would GM keep to dealers in such a small city. It can't be to compete against each other because that would be stupid, I think they are going to make a multi brand dealership and it will probaly be at the boston's sight because they have the new building.

fenderbass
05-04-2009, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=luvthetwins;444856]I think prouse is just blowing smoke. Why would GM keep to dealers in such a small city. It can't be to compete against each other because that would be stupid, I think they are going to make a multi brand dealership and it will probaly be at the boston's sight because they have the new building.[/QUOTE

Both dealers will remain in the Sault..but thanks for you input

Jack Butler
05-04-2009, 04:35 PM

How can you be so sure?
And, why would you say Buick has a entry level car and than not name it?
I am sure he will try, trouble is, in the end, it won't be his decision to make.

Juggs
05-04-2009, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=luvthetwins;444856]I think prouse is just blowing smoke. Why would GM keep to dealers in such a small city. It can't be to compete against each other because that would be stupid, I think they are going to make a multi brand dealership and it will probaly be at the boston's sight because they have the new building.[/QUOTE

ok I read that too but it dosen't mean its true. If you and someone else were selling the same kind of product would you tell the public that the head company is going to shut you down? or would you say that both places would remain open so that you could keep selling your product to people. If they think your going to close their confidence in you is gone so sales would hit bottom or you'd have people trying to buy your product for 50 cents on the dollar.

General Lee
05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
it should be like in the states they call em auto malls there are a bunch of brands under one roof