PDA

View Full Version : Lmao!

NewCasa
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Thank you Soo Today - Counsellor Meyers will be overjoyed and uplifted I am sure!

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=39139

Macs II
05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I personally wouldn't go see that if it was free

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.soonews.ca/viewblog.php?id=22037

Craig doesn't understand the fuss. My favorite is the constant use of 'oher local media outlets' Just effin say sootoday just once please.

Giggle Squirt
05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
i was just thinking the same thing mk.

wiener
05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
what's with the name change?

Peety
05-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I personally wouldn't go see that if it was free

I think the guys spinning around are pretty kool..

Macs II
05-03-2009, 11:35 PM
what's with the name change?

you talking to me ?

Peety
05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
you talking to me ?

I like your old name better.:teeth:

NewCasa
05-03-2009, 11:46 PM
certain takeover forced me to change it :swink:

Why not just change it to Clint and get it over with? :)

Craig Huckerby
05-04-2009, 12:04 AM
I think you guys are upset about nothing. It's not like Myers has any influence as to whether the band comes or not? so why get all upset about it? And being that I post with my real identity puts me in the "real world"

Jackie B
05-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Oh, I don't know...we went completely free today and had a good time. I had free kids and adult tickets, made some homemade pizza, popcorn, and brought some juiceboxes. I also purposely left my wallet at home, as to not get conned into buying a bunch of junk. It sure beat sitting at home refereeing my children all afternoon.

NewCasa
05-04-2009, 12:26 AM
I think you guys are upset about nothing. It's not like Myers has any influence as to whether the band comes or not? so why get all upset about it? And being that I post with my real identity puts me in the "real world"

Hey Craig. I thought your title was hilarious - that's why I posted it here!

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-04-2009, 12:31 AM

I don't think true identities are a good thing. It would lead to real life problems if half the people here are as crazy as they seem. Not worth it. As for your article, when a member of city counsel says something like that, to out-of-towners it may make it seem as though we are all like that. With that said I dont think its enough to make them not come here. Clearly they are paying attention to us as seen on the kiss website. If they see people are putting up a fight, then they will see a bigger picture of the sault. Thats why it's such a big deal (or at least a "semi-biggerish" deal)

On a side note.. just once can you say sootoday instead of local media outlet. I would like that as a daily reader lol :wink:

Krysta
05-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Yes but a city councilor is suppose to speak on behalf of us.
There have been many bands who have come to the Sault I could care less to see however I think its fantastic as the more we have, then the chances of us getting the great ones in the future.
Kiss is big and will attract many. By her voicing her ignorant personal opinion instead of Just saying I don't care for them. Will have others thinking its coming from all of the Sault.
She is suppose to be voting and discussing things that are good for our city. Not based upon what she likes, because obviously her opinion in this matter is very minimal compared to many in this town.
Personally this is not a woman I would want representing us going forward because she does not have our interest at heart but only has her own.
I think this is why many are upset because she handled this in an unprofessional manner.

Craig Huckerby
05-04-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm not saying I agree with her, I'm just saying the issue was blown out of proportion because some media outlets blew it up to something it wasn't. Had they not, no one would be in a tizzy because she voiced HER opinion, not council's. The resolution was passed - but the focus of this entire issue was on Myers and HER opinion. Had council as a whole voiced the same thing, then yes, it would have been a black eye on the entertainment scene in this city.

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Ya I would say it was a bit blown out of proportion. The good thing is now they know how much people want KISS here. Those dang other media outlets.

NewCasa
05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm not saying I agree with her, I'm just saying the issue was blown out of proportion because some media outlets blew it up to something it wasn't. Had they not, no one would be in a tizzy because she voiced HER opinion, not council's. The resolution was passed - but the focus of this entire issue was on Myers and HER opinion. Had council as a whole voiced the same thing, then yes, it would have been a black eye on the entertainment scene in this city.

I think every time she shows her true colours like this it's a good thing. And I think it's awsome that the media does make a big deal out of it. Maybe this way the voters will remember these incidents and find an alternative to her in the next city elections.

italiandomino
05-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed during this joyful and uplifting performance .. there is alot of empty seats !!!

great entertainment for a handful of ppl

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes but the joy from those 10 people will be passed on for all the beautiful boys and girls and the chain of love will continue. Ya ok there Susan.

Krysta
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
hahahahahhahahaha

NewCasa
05-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed during this joyful and uplifting performance .. there is alot of empty seats !!!

great entertainment for a handful of ppl

I think that speaks to the demographics of the Sault as much as anything.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Sounds like Susan needs to get laid...

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-04-2009, 09:30 AM
That is true. I think she will pleasantly surprised at how joyful and uplifting that would be. If only she could find someone who is looking for an uptight 19th century spinster. ***raises arm***

Krysta
05-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Well we could always bring back the backstreet boys... there's a concert that sold out. lol

SusyQ
05-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Some brave soul should buy her a ticket if they come and be her date and show her what true music is.

Krysta
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
That would be funny Kiss might make an example of her in their show then. :)

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I am sure Susan wouldnt mind attending the Fur Traders Society Of America convention if they come here lol

italiandomino
05-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Some brave soul should buy her a ticket if they come and be her date and show her what true music is.

aggy doesn't let me date multiple women at the same time anymore, apparently she thinks I will start to act like Gene Simmons myself.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 09:43 AM
An elected official has to watch every word they say. That's the way its been and the way it will always be. Sometimes people in her position have to swallow their pride and use their brain once in a while...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 09:44 AM
aggy doesn't let lme date multiple women at the same time anymore, apparently she thinks I will start to act like Gene Simmons myself.

Dude, I don't think you are her type. Apparently her outward anger is based on the fact that she is shunned by men and had to resort to dating women..

Craig Huckerby
05-04-2009, 09:46 AM
In my opinion, by blowing the issue out of proportion - it has done nothing to improve our chances of getting the band here - since she said that last week, we're still in third place and the sault vote hasn't changed much. All it did was get the Sault more negative press.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 09:47 AM
In my opinion, by blowing the issue out of proportion - it has done nothing to improve our chances of getting the band here - since she said that last week, we're still in third place and the sault vote hasn't changed much. All it did was get the Sault more negative press.

Well then Craig, an elected, MATURE, ADULT, local politician should know better and STFU next time...Besides, Gene loves controversy..

italiandomino
05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Susan Myers might find me sick and Revolting as well. It just wouldn't work out.

italiandomino
05-04-2009, 09:52 AM

since when has negative press been a bad thing for any rock band ?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/3225_75879961545_504671545_1806938_4065892_n.jpg

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/michael-myers-mask-1.jpg

italiandomino
05-04-2009, 09:58 AM
match made in heaven lol

SusyQ
05-04-2009, 09:59 AM

We're just voicing our opinions like she did. I probably won't even go (won't be able too afford a ticket) BUT what gives her the right too rain on other peoples parade.

MaO3
05-04-2009, 09:59 AM
ewwww that second pic is disturbing!

Krysta
05-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Regardless if it hasn't ruined our chances. The point is she is suppose to be speaking on behalf of many. Her ward elected her. How embarrassed do you think they may be for voting in someone who acted unprofessionally?

When your in that position your personal opinion of situations like this should never come in place.
When you have a city official instead of saying I prefer not to listen to them but instead openly bashes them, it is out right unprofessional and they do not deserve the position they are in. Should this be publicized ---absolutely! Maybe she will think twice next time before speaking on behalf of her ward and having Diarrhea of the mouth.

Craig Huckerby
05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Again, I'm not defending her position - she shouldn't have said it it in the first place and she knows that. As I said before, I hope the Sault wins and the band comes here - I know this city has a lot of KISS fans and the concert would likely draw several thousand to the Sault for it - I'm not a big fan, but I would like to see them come here - that's what she should have said. But you know what? everyone of you have an opinion and you like to share your opinion here - Myers had an opinion and she let it be known to council - case closed.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Its not against the law to voice an opinion but it should be against the law for an elected official to speak when her brain isnt wired properly to her mouth when she knows full well that it will result in negative publicity. I say she had an agenda, and like usual I am probably right..

SusyQ
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Again, I'm not defending her position - she shouldn't have said it it in the first place and she knows that. As I said before, I hope the Sault wins and the band comes here - I know this city has a lot of KISS fans and the concert would likely draw several thousand to the Sault for it - I'm not a big fan, but I would like to see them come here - that's what she should have said. But you know what? everyone of you have an opinion and you like to share your opinion here - Myers had an opinion and she let it be known to council - case closed.

Craig no not case closed. Myers opinion matters. She's representing our community. Her voice will be heard before Tom **** or Harrys.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Susy just swore..

Craig Huckerby
05-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Susy, I mean case closed as far as Myers saying anything on it - which she hasn't. Also she wasn't representing the city or council - it was her own personal opinion, sometimes people have an opinion that differs from yours or mine. As far as bad publicity goes, no I agree it's been awesome for the band - not so good for the Sault. But who knows, maybe it will make the band come here to spite Myers whether we win the vote or not? But really, by the reaction this whole thing has taken on a life of its own - so for all the KISS fans out there, I truly hope you get your wish and they come here.

NewCasa
05-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Susy, I mean case closed as far as Myers saying anything on it - which she hasn't. Also she wasn't representing the city or council - it was her own personal opinion, sometimes people have an opinion that differs from yours or mine. As far as bad publicity goes, no I agree it's been awesome for the band - not so good for the Sault. But who knows, maybe it will make the band come here to spite Myers whether we win the vote or not? But really, by the reaction this whole thing has taken on a life of its own - so for all the KISS fans out there, I truly hope you get your wish and they come here.

Craig - my understand is that Susan's opinion was backed up by a vote - the only dissenting vote in an otherwise unanimous vote to support the concert coming here. That, to my mind would be a political difference and effect.

Also, as an elected official - she should be considered an opinion leader. In other words, if she holds 'x' opinion then there would be some people would would agree simply because they voted for her.

Finally, if I voice my opinions they don't get into the press - hers do, by virtue of her position.

Those things carry a responsibility with them and I believe she has clear conscience there, since she has voted and voiced the opinions her conscience has dictated, however when her opinions are contraversial she needs to expect a backlash like this.

And as far as bad press for the Sault, I think prior (and some current) city councils and city staffers have done much more harm. Susan's pettiness is small potatoes compared to the FLS issue and the corruption we've all witnessed at city hall. Those issues have made this city look like a joke more than once. This is an excellent town but there is far, far too much self-interest and corruption downtown and we all know it but, like me, have done little about it other than whine.

mags
05-04-2009, 12:38 PM
She is entitled to her own opinion as everyone else is. Her opinion is not what I find fault with. It is idea the she is a moral authority and knows what's best for the community.
City council is not the moral authority for the city.