PDA

View Full Version : Need mechanic/Change Head gasket

Wrangler35
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I have a 95 Ford Windstar...I need to know if its worth fixing! Can you help..If all it needs is a head gasket...then i need to know what you expect to fix...In the event you strip it to reveal true damage and or costs to repair...I might be dreaming...but if you could fix it labour wise for around $200 dollars...it would help me out considerably..I have some things to trade as well...Chris 945-0385...Please..i need no slams if any one feals i'm out of line...Thanks in Advance!

Up-Date:i'm deciding on whether or not to change the motor...I have a 3.8 ..any one know where a good motor is?? http://www.autosafety.org/ford-38l-head-gasket-trouble If you read this article..it will give you an idea about the motor i have in the van currently..Not sure if the head gasket was changed...other than..it's a problem..So,if any-one knows where a good one is..and further might assist in changing..of course for a fee!

Wrangler35
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I just had a mechanic over to-day and will help with the task of rebuilding the head gasket (sat) and so...i want to Thank those that showed a sincere interest!

Wrangler35
05-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Finished stripping the motor 1/2 hr ago..now it's time to rebuild Again Thank's to those who inquired and tried to help!

Anapeg
05-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Just how bad was it Babe?

Wrangler35
05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
So far:was not able to detect any damage to the head gaskets,further,brought the blocks to be planed and the sales person managed to convince me to allow them (eagle engine) to pressure test the block's..He stated;if there was damage to either block he had a new one for $300. plus dollars...That made me leary how he presented him self...Very leary..I told him if either one was damaged after pressure testing to stop working on the blocks,call me and i will settle the bill..

I did NOT want him to think i'm willing to pay another huge premeium on top of his exorbidant proposed bill! I told him i if there was a problem:i would sell the veichle for sCRAP!

To-day is supposedly the day he will commence with the project,i fret when i think of getting their call?

Big racket..Veichles are,from the moment they come off the assembly line...big...BIG racket! Fast Cash...Easy Money..."Monopoly"

Wrangler35
06-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Just a reminder: watch what you look for,it might happen.I'm happy to re-port,the engine has been completly over hauled for...you gussed it $200 dollars..the mechanic accpted $ 200 dollars.It's been about two weeks running like a "Top"!

Anapeg
07-04-2009, 09:02 PM
That's great, happy for you.

Wrangler35
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
That's great, happy for you.

Thank's! I must of been crazy to think i could find a competent mechanic for that price,but,it worked out!