PDA

View Full Version : hormone testing

kitca
05-06-2009, 11:32 AM
well, i finially got the results back from my hormone tests. im really glad that i went ahead and did it. turns out my menapausal hormones (sex hormones) are all alright. so at least i know that i dont have to worry about that for awhile yet.

but, my adreanals are burned out. it sure explains alot, of why ive been so tired/exhausted and have no get up and go. and the stress hormone and cranky hormones are really high too, so that explains why im such a cranky stressed out tired witch! at least i know there is a good reason why ive not been feeling well, and also a solution.

i have to make some diet changes and take some strong suppliments for the next few months to support and reduce the hormones. the naturopath said she has seen wonderful results using the supplimental therapy and i should start feeling better in a few weeks.

i have been to so many doctors and the stuff they test all shows that there is no big problem. but i still knew that something was just not right. these tests go way beyond what the regular doctors test for and sure show a different story. im really glad i bit the bullet and did the testing. i will let you know in a couple of months how the supplimental therapy is working.

Luv'inLife
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
how much does it cost?

Sophie's_Mommy
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
maybe i need this done too, my periods are all screwy since i had the baby, i ll have my period once every 2-3 months now, my last period was march 2nd and i have not had one since..and no im not pregnant, i bought a test to make sure..lol.

mags
05-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Who did you go to?

BrAt
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Yes, I would like to know as well. I know someone who has been actively looking for a doctor other than her family doctor to test her hormones but the only endocrinologist in the Sault doesn't specialize in female hormones. :(

kitca
05-06-2009, 06:19 PM
you have to go to a naturopath. i went to terri lutes. you have to pay yourself. if you need perscriptions and have coverage for that, but your medical doctor has to agree to perscribe what the naturopath finds. however, the medical doctors do not do these tests, thats why you have to pay. they are about $200 each, plus the cost of the visit to terri.

BrAt
05-06-2009, 06:48 PM
So, do they get you to go to a compounding pharmacy to have creams made or do they get you to take hormone pills?

kitca
05-06-2009, 11:44 PM
compounding pharm. medicine shoppe

BrAt
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Woot! That is exactly what she was looking for. Thank you SO much for the info! And please, let us know how it works out for you.

kitca
05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes, I would like to know as well. I know someone who has been actively looking for a doctor other than her family doctor to test her hormones but the only endocrinologist in the Sault doesn't specialize in female hormones. :(

i ended up going to an endo in toronto who dealt with pcos and female hormones. this was a few years ago. i didnt actually get all that much help, but he at least perscribed metformin, which no one in the city would do unless you are diabetic.

eddited to add: i knew something was wrong and kept going from dr to dr for help, but nothing was coming back conclusive. it was so frustrating. i checked out a few female issues websites and looked for a good dr. in ontario and then got a referral to see him.

part of the results that came back said that based on my readings metformin may be beneficial. (i hadnt been taking it for a couple of years) i hope i can get my dr. to Rx it for me.

tell your friend to get the book "breakthroughs" or 'ageless' from the library by suzanne sommers, she really explains the hormone testing and results very well.

i will let you know how it goes.

BrAt
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I just called her and let her know... thanks again so much for the information.