PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 Broken Steel

Upper Decker
05-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Anyone try this out yet? Am curious if someone has to what choice they made when finishing the project purity mission. Im planning on infecting myself, but would like someone else to not infect it and see what happens.

B.David
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
No clue. I still need to start the damn game. I got to Megaton, and stopped playing. :(

Upper Decker
05-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Best bet to really get into the game if you have just arrived at megaton is to talk to the broad at crateside supply and do all of her quests. Get to explore a lot of the map and aquire a lot goodies while getting into the game. Best

B.David
05-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Best bet to really get into the game if you have just arrived at megaton is to talk to the broad at crateside supply and do all of her quests. Get to explore a lot of the map and aquire a lot goodies while getting into the game. Best

Appreciate the tip. :) Once I hook up my 360 again I'll try that out.

\m/ Rich \m/
05-08-2009, 10:39 AM
what an awesome game... just about to get started on broken steel. The new perks aren't that great, but the Gatling laser is AWESOME.

Ultra54
05-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately they decided to not support the PS3 but I do love this game. Rich, if you get a chance check out Mass Effect.

\m/ Rich \m/
05-09-2009, 04:45 AM
played through it twice, LOVED mass effect.

B.David
05-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Ended up downloading Broken Steel last night just because I had a load of extra MS points on my account. Might start the game today!

Upper Decker
05-09-2009, 01:22 PM
watch out for those damn albino radscorpions. Bring a nuke launcher if you got one case your gonna need it.

\m/ Rich \m/
05-09-2009, 02:37 PM
watch out for those damn albino radscorpions. Bring a nuke launcher if you got one case your gonna need it.

first one i ran into killed Dogmeat! *******S!

Upper Decker
05-09-2009, 02:46 PM
get the puppies perk , and you can have lifetime food for the scorpions lmao

\m/ Rich \m/
05-09-2009, 03:11 PM
seems like a waste of a perk tho.

B.David
05-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I think I'd choose a nuke launcher over feeding them. Sounds more appealing...

Anyway, Crateside Supply is locked, and I can't get it... so for now I'm just exploring some areas outside Megaton.

Upper Decker
05-09-2009, 03:50 PM
crateside closes @ 8:30pm game time and opens up at 9:30 game time. If you look at your pipboy and pick the data tab, up in the right corner it will tell you the time and date. if your just exploring you could go kill the crack***** near megaton to get yourself a wack of caps (and yes shes literally a crack*****).

B.David
05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
crateside closes @ 8:30pm game time and opens up at 9:30 game time. If you look at your pipboy and pick the data tab, up in the right corner it will tell you the time and date. if your just exploring you could go kill the crack***** near megaton to get yourself a wack of caps (and yes shes literally a crack*****).

Are you referring to the woman who Colin Moriarty wants dead? I think I let her live, and lied to Colin that she is dead.

Upper Decker
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
LOL. i let her live, she gave me a wack of caps and then i took care of her with a sawed off shotty to the back of the head point blank

B.David
05-10-2009, 12:24 AM
LMAO. Nice. I did the quest to get myself VERY poisoned with radiation, and now I'm attempting to do the minefield quest. Ended up running into 2 Super Mutants, one carrying a missile launcher... luckily my sub-machine gun combined with AP took care of them somewhat easily.

EDIT: I was told that if I either disarm or detonate the Megaton atom bomb, I get a house where I can store all kinds of items. True? If so, what level does my explosives skill need to be at to disarm it? I just increased it to 30 last night, after hitting Level 4.

Upper Decker
05-10-2009, 11:07 AM
you need a skill of 50 to fix the bomb. and yes you can get a house from it. i agreed to blowing up megaton and then ratted burke out , stole simms housekey and then disarmed it.

B.David
05-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I agreed, then ratted him out as well. Haven't come across the key to steal yet. I'm pondering whether I should kill Colin Moriary at the moment. Gob dislikes him, and I like Gob.

\m/ Rich \m/
05-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I agreed, then ratted him out as well. Haven't come across the key to steal yet. I'm pondering whether I should kill Colin Moriary at the moment. Gob dislikes him, and I like Gob.

to get the key you have to pickpocket Lucas Simms.. there's a bobblehead in his house.

i let megaton stay the first time around, blew it up second time i played through. Im actually looking forward to my 3rd playthrough as well... i think 3rd time im gonna go as evil as possible.

Upper Decker
05-10-2009, 01:18 PM
you should have stayed and watched the scene between lucas and burke when you ratted him out. Then you could have watched burke kill sims and then take all his loot. Currently im an evil incarnate (i wiped out every person in tenpenny tower and then let the ghouls at them)