PDA

View Full Version : US edged by Russia 3-2 in IIHF

Add
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
US loses to Russia in the semi-finals at the IIHF World Hockey Championship.

Finals - Canada vs. Russia

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship-oc09/home/news/news-singleview-world-championship-2009/article/russia-downs-usa-makes-finals.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=2866&cHash=65e8fbfa61

Jack Butler
05-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I think the all time record is 25 wins for Canada and 25 wins for Russia.
You could call it a tie breaker...ha, ha!
It feels right to be playing the Russians.
They are a worthy opponent.

Oscar_Leroy
05-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Canada Vs Russia is always a great show for sure. Here's to hoping Canada can get the job done.

Slow
05-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Coach makes a comment on a thread, then locks a thread. So I'll respond here:

The US did not medal at the World's, that is true. But then again, hockey is a peripheral sport in the US. A vast majority of the country neither follows nor plays the game. Yet we finished fifth at the World's.

Coach
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
All I ask is that you stop trying to pick your usual Canada vs U.S. issues...plain and simple...you refuse so I am forced to moderate...If you don't care for it then fine...take your poison elsewhere

Jack Butler
05-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Coach makes a comment on a thread, then locks a thread. So I'll respond here:

The US did not medal at the World's, that is true. But then again, hockey is a peripheral sport in the US. A vast majority of the country neither follows nor plays the game. Yet we finished fifth at the World's.

And your point is?
It is a hopeless cause to try and discredit Canada's contribution to hockey, at any level.
We know how you feel and we read the news.
The rest of the world knows it is a Canadian game, plain and simple.
Your attempts to discredit Canada or your anti-Canadian comments in the past, only make you come across as jealous and vindictive.
Coach is right about wanting to pick a fight, I call it "Trolling".
Your mouth is writing a cheque that your body can't cash!
That's quit a call from an armchair!
You must be head of "the never developed nobody" hockey fraternity in the American Sault.
That means you're on top....Congratulations!

Slow
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
All I ask is that you stop trying to pick your usual Canada vs U.S. issues...plain and simple...you refuse so I am forced to moderate...If you don't care for it then fine...take your poison elsewhere

I post that Russia beat Canada.

You post, 'so what, the US didn't even medal'

I am the one looking for a US/Canada fight.

Wow!!

Slow
05-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I think the fact the US finished fifth at the Words is pretty damn good, because hockey isn't a sport most Americans play.

Awesome!!

Add
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
because hockey isn't a sport most Americans play.

Awesome!!

That's true, because they're lazy.

Jack Butler
05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I think the fact the US finished fifth at the Words is pretty damn good, because hockey isn't a sport most Americans play.

Awesome!!

Ha, ha, ha.......5th in the Words, all talk....sounds right!
America has more kids in minor hockey than Canada.
USA has the second most hockey players next to Canada in the NHL.
Your argument or excuse is weak, and your "awesome" is actually you celebrating the fact that the USA is underachieving.