PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine-kid friendly???

Ziggy
05-10-2009, 06:20 AM
My 12 year old wants to see this REALLY bad.....has anyone seen it yet? Don't want to spend sixty bucks to take him and his 9 year old brother, only to have to get up and leave becuase it's not appropriate..

kitty&mimi
05-10-2009, 08:46 AM
ummm.....
i'd say ok
i dont know the rating
i went to see it though, if they saw the x men movies then i guess he could see this one
u see his bum briefly :)

DodgeBoy
05-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I have not seen it yet, but I was listening to a review on satellite radio and from what I understand there is nearly full frontal male nudity. It is rated PG-13 but I grabbed a the parental guide online from it:

Sex and Nudity
A man is seen bare-chested several times and fully nude from behind in several scenes.

You can very nearly see his genitals about 3 times but the area is darkened so a lot harder to see.

A rape scene is implied.

A man and a woman are shown in bed together and it is implied that they are nude and have been intimate recently.

Violence and Gore
A boy kills a man by stabbing him with his claws.

Several scenes include Wolverine and Sabretooth slaughtering the enemy in war with various weapons, including guns, bombs, and their claws.

A man is put into a chamber filled with water and has several needles placed into his body, including his face.

We see part of a decapitated wolverine lying on the ground. There is some blood.

A woman is murdered and blood is seen splattered over her clothing.

Though there are several fighting scenes, little blood is ever shown throughout the movie.

On several occasions, Wolverine kills people by fatally wounding them with his claws.

A man fatally injures another man by stabbing him with a large piece of sharpened metal.

I did not put it all of it in here because it tells a lot of what happens in the story, but at least you have a little more info now. :) Here is the link where I got the info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

kitty&mimi
05-10-2009, 08:49 AM
oh no
u totally miss his frontal, it's blocked lol
trust me....

oh and at the end he severs deadpool's head
it's like the scene from star wars, when some character is falling and has something severed...can't recall
there's no blood spilling

DodgeBoy
05-10-2009, 08:57 AM
LOL, good to know K&M. I have not seen it, just relaying what I found and what I heard, if that is all then it does not sound like a huge deal then. Thank you for the first hand experience regarding this, otherwise kids everywhere would hate me for my previous post. LOL

Barry Morris
05-10-2009, 10:38 AM
I check:

http://www.dove.org/

If they reject, they'll tell you exactly why.

MaO3
05-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Nudity: Full rear male nudity which is non-sexual; side nudity of male as he is falling into water but it's not graphic.

from the Dove site:

There goes the whole full frontal nudity thing. Dammit - I would have gone to see the move just to see Hugh Jackman

verotik66
05-10-2009, 11:15 AM
My 12 year old wants to see this REALLY bad.....has anyone seen it yet? Don't want to spend sixty bucks to take him and his 9 year old brother, only to have to get up and leave becuase it's not appropriate..

i wouldnt have a problem with bringing a 12yr old to the show it was a good show

kitty&mimi
05-10-2009, 01:41 PM
from the Dove site:

There goes the whole full frontal nudity thing. Dammit - I would have gone to see the move just to see Hugh Jackman

he's hot --that's all i gotta say
he seems more lean in this movie, in the x men ones he's more bulky
unless they did it purposely this way....regardless there's a second wolverine movie in the works,...he learns samurai
and i read that dead pool will have his own movie

EyelashExtensions
05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
he's hot --that's all i gotta say

Totally agree there!!! He is the hottest thing walking this planet! He's a manly man MMMMmm I'm going to watch wolverine tonight!

MaO3
05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/tammym1965/hugh1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/tammym1965/hugh2.jpg

Ummmm YA! I'm thinking pretty damm hot.

Ziggy
05-11-2009, 06:56 AM
thanks for the input, and especially the link. I'll bookmark it.

Scoff
05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
oh and at the end he severs deadpool's head
it's like the scene from star wars, when some character is falling and has something severed...can't recall
there's no blood spilling

Spoiler Alert!

Warn us about spoilers please. ;)

Browningfan
05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
K I have to agree he is HOT for an old guy

Sweet Little Sister
05-11-2009, 10:34 AM
i don't think he's hot at all.
looks like a pansy. lol

kitty&mimi
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Spoiler Alert!

Warn us about spoilers please. ;)

well ya... i thought about that yesterday....
oops :)
but i think a true xman fan will know what happens

HUGH JACKMAN IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hot body
hot everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!