PDA

View Full Version : Menopause?

Sophie's_Mommy
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Is 30 too young to start menopause? Reason im asking is cause a few things are happening to me that seem like menopause.. I have not had a period in 2 months, i am always hot and have hot flashes, weight gain even though im not eating alot and im eating very healthy low-non fat foods. Moody, tired all the time..Im not pregnant, i ve had tests done and they are all negative..
It seems after i had my daughter my body is all out of whack. Hubby mentioned maybe im going trw the change, i laughed at him but now i think about it and im starting to believe he may be right...
Has anyone went threw the change at 30 or know anyone who has?

goodasgold
05-12-2009, 04:01 PM
The only women that I know who have gone through menopause in their 20's and 30's was after going through complete hysterectomies. If your ovaries are removed, it will through the body into menopause.

SWRKR 01
05-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Have you considered a thyroid problem?

Jackie B
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
My mom started early menopause when she was 32. It does happen, and it isn't always triggered by a hysterectomy. My mom didn't start her period until she was 16, a week before she was scheduled to have an operation to have it started. Late period onset is sometimes an indicator that early menopause is probable.

kitca
05-12-2009, 10:56 PM
they say that perri menapause can start in the early 30's and slowly go on for years before the main event starts. there are also other hormones that can make you feel really out of wack.

after my daughter was born, i never felt right either. post partum depression that never got really bad, but never went away either. after reading the suzane sommers books about hormones i think for sure i had adreanal fatigue/burnout. but all the hormones are connected so one being out throws them all out. and we all know the hormonal changes that happen with pregnancy and childbirth.

you could make an appt with your doctor and tell them all the symptoms you are having, and see what tests they can do. how old is your baby now?

mags
05-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Your hormones maybe out of whack. Call your Dr and have him/her check your hormone levels.

Sophie's_Mommy
05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
kitca- My daughter will be on next month...wow time goes by fast..

i have a blood work form filled out now i just have to go get it done i hate needles, whenever u go for blood work i feel like im going to pass out. Last time i had blood work done the women looked at me and asked me like 5 times are you ok, you look pale, are you going to pass out..lol.i was also 6 months pregnant at the time...but oh how i hate needles..i dont think i could give myself a needle is i was to become diabetic..

I have not ruled out thyroid yet, i ll know when i get my blood work done..my last periods since Jan. were January 10th then no period in Feb, the march 11 and no period since march 11th..and im not pregnant i know this for sure..i had a appointment for yesterday but i got called and was told she was out for a week and they ll call back to reschedule..grr...
I read online about early menopause and they say it can happen in your 30's even without a hysterectomy..

mags
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Go get your blood work done. Then many things can be ruled out and your Dr will have the results before your appointment . There a few things that could be wrong but you will need blood work results.
Sometimes you have to do what you hate/fear most. Tell them of your feelings about blood work. My sil says finds that sometimes telling them helps them make her more comfortable.

A*lil*Loopy
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
You need to tell them about the hot flashes, especially if they are causing you to have night sweats. Don't walk away without them taking you seriously, I wish I had been more persistent. The night sweats and hot flashes could mean many things, much are serious so get it addressed.

It could be anything from hormones, thyroid problems, to sarcoid to lupus to cancer. (sorry to say the "c" word but it's a reality)

Make a list of all the factors that are different from normal and keep track of when/where they occur. The more information you have makes it easier for them to take you seriously and also see something.

kitca
05-13-2009, 04:34 PM
are you still breastfeeding? that can affect your periods.

Sophie's_Mommy
05-14-2009, 11:09 AM
nope, not breastfeeding, i have not breastfed since she was 7 weeks old..

kitca
05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
hmmmm. that is kinda wierd not getting your period back. have you made an appt? you really need to get some tests done and make sure everyting is alright and see what is out of wack.

Sophie's_Mommy
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
ya i know, i ve had periods but they come once every 2-3 months..i have to rebook my appointment, i had one for Tuesday but she was not in this week so they have to rebook it..grrr..

Sophie's_Mommy
07-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I finally got my monthly visitor last Saturday. And it is not normal, it is still going and just as heavy as day one. You think that because I have not had it in 3 months that it is ok that it is this heavy and not getting any lighter even though its been a week and 1 day since I started? Has anyone else had a period that lasted this long? By the looks of it i dont think it will be stopping till the end of the week. So thats like 2 weeks. Usually i only have mine for 4-5 days tops.

kitca
07-05-2009, 11:45 PM
mine was all screwed up after my daughter was born. after about 4=5 years it got so bad that it just never ended. it lasted for months. (it took that long to realize what was happening, and then make and appt. and then get to see my doctor) i had really heavy horrible bleeding. it was not normal for me, and hasnt been since.

i went on something called prometruim (sp?) i took it for the first 10 days of each month. it did put me back on a regular schedule, though they have remained very heavy (hubby called them my 'manson murders') (i know that is gross, but sometimes you just have to make light of a very heavy situation) anyway, the stuff really did help.

my hormone tests tell me that i am still regularily hormonal and i am now 46 and have had this problem for the past 14 years.

i dont know what to tell you, except that you dont want this problem to continue for so many years like has happened with me. keep going to doctors and researching everything that you can, keep asking questions.

also, keep an eye on your iron levels, with so much bleeding your iron can get low. then you will be really tired and anemic too, and it is a vicious circle. keep going to your doctor and let them know that you are not happy and not normal and want to get this fixed.

also, with us, we only have one child, i was never able to get pregnant again. i dont know if this is what you want, but if its not, it may also be a problem for you.

i dont mean to scare you, i just dont want you to end up the same as me, and go on for years with this problem. you dont realize how much time has gone by, and you havent gotten answers or things 'fixed'.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I was never suppose to be able to conceive, I was todl at 18 i did not produce eggs. I had a miscarriage at 28 and was pregnant 1 year later and i have a beautiful daughter. My period after I had her was normal. Until march. I had it in march and then never had it again till the 27th of june. And i still have it today and its is just lie day 1-2 . But before I got it for a week f=before i was having that browny color that you have at the end of a period. It was weird. Its like it was backwards..lol. I am calling today to try to get in, I had a appointment last week but totally forgot about it :(
I dont feel tired or anythign but I have never had a period last like this ever.
i dont care if i have anymore kids really, Im happy with my one miracle to tell you the truth. As long as I have her that is all that matters.
im glad to hear Im not the only one this is or has has this happen to. I just wish it would go away. I thought it was lasting so long because i have not had it in 3 months.

icecapp
07-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I was never suppose to be able to conceive, I was todl at 18 i did not produce eggs. I had a miscarriage at 28 and was pregnant 1 year later and i have a beautiful daughter. My period after I had her was normal. Until march. I had it in march and then never had it again till the 27th of june. And i still have it today and its is just lie day 1-2 . But before I got it for a week f=before i was having that browny color that you have at the end of a period. It was weird. Its like it was backwards..lol. I am calling today to try to get in, I had a appointment last week but totally forgot about it :(
I dont feel tired or anythign but I have never had a period last like this ever.
i dont care if i have anymore kids really, Im happy with my one miracle to tell you the truth. As long as I have her that is all that matters.
im glad to hear Im not the only one this is or has has this happen to. I just wish it would go away. I thought it was lasting so long because i have not had it in 3 months.

Not trying to stir the pot or anything. but is it at all possible that you may have been pregnant again and carried longer then you possibly think.. You can still have a period and be pregnant.

so what Im saying is could you been a few months preg and not realized it. and lost the baby? could there be a chance of that. I do not know how long you bleed for after you have misscarried but I do know how long people bleed after giving birth... (just a general ?)

Sophie's_Mommy
07-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Not trying to stir the pot or anything. but is it at all possible that you may have been pregnant again and carried longer then you possibly think.. You can still have a period and be pregnant.

so what Im saying is could you been a few months preg and not realized it. and lost the baby? could there be a chance of that. I do not know how long you bleed for after you have misscarried but I do know how long people bleed after giving birth... (just a general ?)

I thought that but I took 2 test withing the 3 months and both were negative. I had a miscarriage and when i did I bled ALOT more then this, The blood from a miscarriage is like you are peeing but it is just blood pouring out and big clots. So ya I thought that but I dont think so. unless 2 test can come back neg, and the bleeding is not as bad, but I have had no "big" clots to think this.

icecapp
07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear about you. That is sad.

are you speeking to me? im lost I dont know what you mean.. pm me or email me on facebook if this is me you speeking of.

Sophie's_Mommy
07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
no, sorry i misread it and thought you said you had this happen..lol..thats what happens when i read too fast..lol sorry