PDA

View Full Version : who in the Sault works on camera's??

T_wolfe
05-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I have a Canon Power Shot A570 IS.......evendently one of my children decided to use it without permission and I guess dropped it and now the door where the batteries go and the memory card. ....it's cracked, a piece missing and and it wont shut...which means the power wont stay on.....

who works on camera's here in the Sault....Does Blacks in the mall??
I really dont know of any place and it's a year and half old so my warranty is no good now...

any info would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

GoldDogs
05-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Ouf! Are you going through the "I am gonna kill 'em but I love 'em and whatever they do is forgivable but I am still gonna kill 'em but I won't really cause I love them..... this really bites monkey balls" thing right now? I would be. Thats how I felt when my dog ate all the fuzzy parts to my vacuum and two of my favourite books. :) Hopefully someone can fix it for you!

Chako
05-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Most of those small cameras are not worth fixing so long as they are past their warrenty. However, you could try Camera Craft. Not sure if they do repairs but they may know of someone who will repair it.

Problem is, most of those cameras are not worth fixing as the cost of repair may come close and/or exceed the value of the camera.

KARM
05-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Cameras aren't built like they used to be in the film days... it used to be if something went wrong it could be as simple as a broken spring or a screw loose and there were lots of camera repair people. Now because everything is on circuit boards the only people that repair them is the original manufacturer.

The A570 IS is a decent little point and shoot camera and not that old. It might be worth your while to send it in to Canon and see how much it would cost to replace that piece. The cost of which can be subtracted from future allowances :P

Melanie Booker
05-18-2009, 10:13 PM
try camera craft on queen street.
they ordered a piece and fixed my camera a few years ago for under 10 bux.
it was a flip up type thing that cracked in half.