PDA

View Full Version : when did you feel your baby move/kick???

Giggle Squirt
05-19-2009, 07:37 PM
I am 19 weeks and havn't felt anything yet. My first was 17 weeks and my second was around 15 weeks when i felt stuff... and i weigh less now at 19 weeks then when i got prego with my second... I don't know if i am just being paranoid, but has this happened to anyone else? When should i really start to worry???

Jackie B
05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I came out of my last pregnancy 15 pounds lighter than I went into it. As long as your belly is growing, it should be fine. Also, a few things can cause you to not feel movement. The position of the baby, and also the location of the placenta can limit your ability to feel movement. I hope that helps. If you're half way, you should be getting an ultrasound any time now. hopefully that will ease any concerns you have.

Giggle Squirt
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
i do have one on june 1st. I am a paranoid person LOL

Luv'inLife
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
my 2nd baby didn't move(or I didn't feel him until late in my pregoness, he is my most hyper kid now,lol. 4 pregnancies and the were all different, wait for your ultrasound before you get paranoid...Jackie B is right.

bluekrissyspikes
05-19-2009, 11:12 PM
if i remember correctly, the nurse practitioner told me that it's normal to not feel the baby moving until about 21 weeks and longer if the placenta is in the front.

Carolyn
05-20-2009, 07:41 AM
I had trouble feeling movement with my last one because the placenta was in the front. She is now an active 18 month old. Try not to worry (I know sometimes easier said than done).

Sophie's_Mommy
05-20-2009, 10:35 AM
i was about 16-18 weeks when i first started to feel her, it was not kicks but it was more of her moving around, i really started to feel her kicks around 21 weeks and you could see my belly move around,,,,aww how i miss that :(
everyone is different though, some people go threw their whole pregnancy and dont feel a thing...

Sophie's_Mommy
05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
oh ya and i lost weight too when i was pregnant, and gained after i had her...lol..

mags
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
It is not unusual not to have felt your baby move yet. You are in the normal range. Talk to your Dr if you are too worried otherwise wait a week and see what happens.
The first time I felt my second child move was when I came out of sedation after the C section. I never felt him move I never saw any movement. He was a perfectly healthy baby and has grown into a large healthy young man.