PDA

View Full Version : cheaptickets.com

Jackie B
07-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Has anyone ever ordered tickets off this site, or a similar site? I was checking it out one night, and the prices were unbelievable. Hubby and I could fly out of Detroit to Orlando Florida and stay in a hotel for 5 days for as little as $277 US each, round trip with hotel stay included. I know we wouldn't be staying at the Ritz, and that was the cheapest price. I'm just wondering what the catch is. Anyone with any experiences?

Barney Rubble
07-05-2007, 07:59 PM
i used (& they are legit obviously):

http://www.selloffairfares.com/

they were the cheapest i found to come home & return (Edm to SSM) $500 in May

tippikitty
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I use expedia.ca and I've also used itravel2000.com

MaO3
07-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, and I've used Trip reservatations online for our trip to Vegas a couple of years ago. NO problems whatsoever!

Verotik
07-05-2007, 09:01 PM
prolly used all of the above atleast 5 times with no issues!

everywoman
07-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Jackie...my husband and I go to Florida every year, and so we're always looking for the cheapest way to fly. We take into account the following factors when looking at the cheap flight sights...

1. where is it flying out of
2. what is the cost of parking your car for the duration of the trip
3. what is the cost of gas to and from the departure city ie: Detroit
4. what is your time worth to you? 5 1/2 hours there and back to Detroit
5. the cost to exchange your money to US
6. the surcharges and taxes on a "cheap flight"
7. can you be available when the cheap flight is available...sometimes it's not the most convenient times, especially when you have to book vacation at work.

We could have got a flight our of Detroit last year for $77. But once we took the above factors and costs into mind, it ended up being only a small amount of difference in price to just fly out of Chippewa. And it was far more convenient(free parking also, at Chippewa airport).

So-that's my two cents!!(no taxes on it!)

§ienna
07-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I always use Orbitz or Skybus. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

goodasgold
07-05-2007, 11:43 PM
I haven't booked anything yet, just alot of looking. The View talked about http://www.skyauction.com as a good site for deals.

nightingale
07-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I've used travelocity.com as well