PDA

View Full Version : DesbaratsBat Cave.

Bill Nash
07-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Does anybody have a map or know how to get to the Desbarats bat caves?

Looking to hike there soon, ... not quite sure where to go.

intuit
07-10-2007, 09:18 AM
The Desbarats Caves are a unique geological formation as there are found in the Canadian Shield Rock,
not the limestone or sandstone formation that most caves are found in. They can be accessed by taking the
Government Road west of the community of Desbarats and turning onto Puddingstone road for 3 km until
you hit Cave Road, follow it to the gravel pit were you park. The trail is right there follow it to the first
fork take the left branch over the little bridge than hike 3km to the next major fork take the left branch and
than follow the foot path to the rock rubble area. Climb over this rubble heading into the cliff, the cave is
at the top of this formation. There is a second shallow cave further along the path that is easier to take pictures
at. I have been there, if you would like to see pics of the cave, just pm me... its a nice walk...about 1 1/2 hrs....bring a good flash light.

junker
07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
It's pretty cool there. I've been many times. A friend of mine used to live on bass lakeand another on desbarats lake, when we were teenagers it was a great place to hang around and drink.