PDA

View Full Version : Vista Service Pack 2

KDawg
05-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Windows updates came down with the Vista SP2 update. After a half-hour of downloading and installing, this message during restart comes up:

"Service Pack 2 did not install. Reverting changes."

Any ideas on what could have happened?

8th
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't know,but thanks for the heads up I was just about to download it myself now I think I'll back everything up first

8th
05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Windows updates came down with the Vista SP2 update. After a half-hour of downloading and installing, this message during restart comes up:

"Service Pack 2 did not install. Reverting changes."

Any ideas on what could have happened? maybe you have a beta version of sp2 which has to be unistalled first! http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/05/service-pack-2-for-vista-and-server-2008-finally-available.ars

mr ed
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM
service pack 1 did that a lot when it came out, a compatibility issue as usual for vista give it a while, with enough reported problems MS will provide free support that will not help in the least, mine installed fine this time but to get service pack 1 installed I had to reformat and install a copy from future shop without all the cr@p HP loads from their recovery discs. It could be anything including your virus scanner which they say to disable but the machine will reboot during installation and the scanner will start etc... google service pak2 wont install and see what others have been experiencing.

Madmax
05-28-2009, 08:46 AM
I have been running the RTM version for awhile now no issues and i never installed the official yesterday as the RTM is The Same as the Official.

RTM = Release to Manufacture .. = for Official release.