PDA

View Full Version : going organic

Luv'inLife
05-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Well as some of you know I suffer from health issues, and my migraines have been really bad again, several years ago I was seeing a Doctor down south for my condition and he told me many health related issues including migraine, arthritis, obesity, fibromialgia, depression...just to name a few, are directly related to allergies. He put me on a routine which included a whole food or organic diet, within a few days I noticed a difference(if it was all in my head, thats o.k., it worked), anyway, without starving my weight went down and my aches and pains went away, then I slacked off about 2 years ago, weight went up, pain is back and headaches are unbearable. So I am going back to whole food and green product for cleaning, the transition can be done slowly as you replace stuff so its not so expensive, also foods that are whole, organic, kosher or vegan are acceptable...we have a hard time in the Soo finding the right things so I just replace what I can and don't worry about what I can't.....anyway, any tips and tricks and ways to make life easier will be greatly appreciate, if you have nothing good to say about it...shut-up,lol

zoo crew
05-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Going green eh? Hum..... Is Timmie's Green? lol j/k

Luv'inLife
05-29-2009, 11:28 AM
no but starbucks is

zoo crew
05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
HaHa... Maybe I'll have to get hooked on that. A nice latte would be tasty.

kitty&mimi
05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
i bought those white organic peaches from rome's
really good :)
im trying to go organic

Giggle Squirt
05-30-2009, 12:34 AM
I too try to go as organic as i can. I do agree that their is a great difference in my migranes too. I was on every single drug you could imagine sine i was 4 for them and now i get one or two a month... The thing I find the hardest is the organic meat. It is hard to find beef that grass raised and not loaded with anitbiotics and crap. I was trying to get some family get go halves on a cow with me but no luck.... Keep us up to date on the improvements your noticing!!!

Luv'inLife
05-30-2009, 12:36 AM
have you called the local butcher shops too see if they have organic meat?

kitca
05-30-2009, 10:17 AM
right now you can grow a bunch of veggies. grow them in pots and planters.

Luv'inLife
05-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I stick them in a pot and plant flowers around them, lol, blend the 2, when I used to have my big gardens I would plant flowers around the perimeter...it attracts the insect that you need to polinate your veggie plants and looks pretty.

kitty&mimi
06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
well if the weather would ever get nicer i can put my tomatoes outside

lk_wicked
06-09-2009, 07:44 PM
migraine suffer's triggers can include, onions, msg, (a preservative found in most or all processed foods, salad dressings, sauces, ketchup etc.... cashew nuts, etc.... look up migraine triggers and you would be amazed at the stuff you never thought of. and chiropractors can help alot with migraines. and so can massage therapists. hell, even if the massage doesnt work.... it sure feels dam good.

Luv'inLife
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I am very well informed as I have had migraines since I was 3, the wrong diet also can cause allergy attacks/sinus headaches, wieght loss/gain and have many other nagative affects on your health, like bluemoon said; look it up(google it)

kitca
06-10-2009, 10:10 AM
dr. andy weil had something on his website last week about organic. the 12 most toxic foods and the 12 foods you dont have to worry about.

Luv'inLife
06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
www.lifechoicesfood.com

they sell this brand at romes in the organic section

Peety
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
We always buy the organic bananas.

chickaDee
06-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I too try to go as organic as i can. I do agree that their is a great difference in my migranes too. I was on every single drug you could imagine sine i was 4 for them and now i get one or two a month... The thing I find the hardest is the organic meat. It is hard to find beef that grass raised and not loaded with anitbiotics and crap. I was trying to get some family get go halves on a cow with me but no luck.... Keep us up to date on the improvements your noticing!!!

I as well have been asking family and friends to go half on a cow with me or even half on a half cow, but no luck as well. Maybe , think about it, we could go half together on one? Organic is great by me as well.

chickaDee
06-12-2009, 10:59 AM
i was watching a show the other night and they were talking abut organic foods and when you buy produce they have little stickers on them the was to tell what is organic and what is not is this simple rhyme.

9 is fine- organic
4 is a bore - somewhat organic
8 i hate- non organic

you look art the sticker and if it starts with a 9 it is organic, if it starts with a 4 its not really organic but its ok i guess and if it starts with a 8 it is not organic.

Peety
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I as well have been asking family and friends to go half on a cow with me or even half on a half cow, but no luck as well. Maybe , think about it, we could go half together on one? Organic is great by me as well.

You can buy any amount of meat from the butchershop.

Luv'inLife
06-12-2009, 02:04 PM
yes, you just go in and place an order 1/4, 1/2....what ever and tell them what you prefer, steaks, ground, roast.

kitty&mimi
06-17-2009, 08:13 AM
i started buying organic meadow milk for my daughter
im lactose intolerant so i dont drink it, but i did have a taste, i buy 1% and it tastes and looks like 2%
and i can taste the creaminess, and kinda like the 'cow' taste, but she likes it so i'll keep on buying it

Luv'inLife
06-17-2009, 08:40 AM
we buy it too, and ussually its on sale when its still good for 3 more days, normally $10.00 a bag on for like $5.00 and milk doesn't last in my house so its all good.