PDA

View Full Version : Cup Finals

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Anybody else a bit surprised to see the Pens down 2-0? Whether it be from bounces or just the wings playing harder, I'm still surprised. I was expecting the Pens to take game 2. Here's to hoping the Pens make this a series again, nobody wants to see a sweep in the finals.

GRUMPY
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
nobody wants to see a sweep in the finals.

Says who??? If it'll send sniveling Sidney home faster I'm all in favor of a sweep.

Jack Butler
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Says who??? If it'll send sniveling Sidney home faster I'm all in favor of a sweep.

You're brutal...are you even watching?

SWRKR 01
06-01-2009, 01:19 PM
The pens are still playing individual hockey. There is no teamwork at all. This is the same story as last year and i remember cursing the entire series because these guys will not pass the darn puck. How many times have you seen one guy trying to skate through 4 oppoenents, 2 of his own guys clear, but no effort to pass?

Then you add up the crap at the end of last night's game.....

I am not a Red Wing fan, but so far, they are the better team by far.

GRUMPY
06-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Very true, seems like one team (Detroit) seems to have a strangle hold on class while the others (as you said they aren't a team but more a collection of ego maniacs) have little to none. While Crosby does have the talent and will rate among the best who ever played the game it would be nice if he just kept his yap shut and played the game and stopped his constant whining.

SWRKR 01
06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Absolutely, but it is not just Crosby to be fair. Plus, the media is making a big thing of this Crosby / Zetterberg match up. They were interviewing other team mates from both teams and asking them about the match up. What type of reporting is that?

Malkin has been terrible to say the least. He is my biggest disappointment bar none. The potential of these two is extensive but as both are so focused on wanting to be the solution to the offensive problem, both are only making the problems worse.

GRUMPY
06-01-2009, 02:36 PM
The media coverage this year has been the pits.

Slow
06-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Sidney Crosby hides when the pressure is on. He is USELESS.

Wait, this isn't news...

Slow
06-01-2009, 03:35 PM
"Crosby has no points in the first two games. As the Red Wings converged on goaltender Chris Osgood for the usual post-victory celebration Saturday, Crosby skated past Kirk Maltby and delivered a two-handed slash to Maltby's left foot

"He was just talking and I just slashed him," Crosby said."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2009-05-31-crosby-zetterberg_N.htm

WAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!! MOMMY!!!!!!!!!

LOL, what a joke that guy is!

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Sidney Crosby is not useless.... If I remember right he did beat Osgood last night only to hit the post, set Guerin up with a beautiful pass, only to hit a post again.. He was playing hard last night and managed to set up some great scoring chances. Since when did a player giving his team a spark, and getting some good chances become useless? The only thing Crosby has had a lack of in this series is luck really.

As for the Malkin incident, no suspension.

Rule 47.22: A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident. The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc.

I guess Campbell said hes clear to play, not that I'm surprised.

SWRKR 01
06-01-2009, 03:44 PM
"Crosby has no points in the first two games. As the Red Wings converged on goaltender Chris Osgood for the usual post-victory celebration Saturday, Crosby skated past Kirk Maltby and delivered a two-handed slash to Maltby's left foot

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2009-05-31-crosby-zetterberg_N.htm

WAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!! MOMMY!!!!!!!!!

LOL, what a joke that guy is!

Just slightly exaggerating a little aren't you?

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 03:44 PM

I'm guessing you missed the clip of Crosby taking a good slash right to the ankle last night.. Or is it OK to slash Crosby?

I'm not the biggest Crosby fan, but fair is fair. He is playing well, and if it weren't for Osgood and a few Posts I think the Pens would have won game 2.

Slow
06-01-2009, 03:51 PM
No points in two games, and he lets Maltby get into his head already.

Gary Bettman's and Mario Lemeuix's love child is over-rated!!

Oh, by the way, GO WINGS!! :)

Slow
06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Sidney Crosby is not useless.... If I remember right he did beat Osgood last night only to hit the post, set Guerin up with a beautiful pass, only to hit a post again

So that's what it has come to? Sid is great because he almost scores?

LOL

Justin Abdelkader has two more goals in this series than Crosby.

'nuff said.

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 04:00 PM
So he didn't have any points.. He did create scoring chances though. Is he supposed to lead the Pens to the cup 100% by himself. If having a bad bounce or hitting a post, or not scoring in EVERY playoff game makes you an overrated player then 100% of the players in the league are overrated by your standards.

Look at the scoring totals in the playoffs...

1. Malkin 31pts
2. Crosby 30pts

To me that's impressive, not overrated.

Slow
06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Against easy Eastern teams. At least Malkin stepped up and should some guts at the end of Game Two. Sid was nowhere to be found.

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Easy eastern teams? I seem to remember the Pens being pushed to game 7 in the 2nd round by Washington. As for Malkin, I wouldn't call that guts... It's not like he was fighting Probert.. Zetterberg hasn't fought before, didn't even have his gloves off and malkin was swinging blindly.. that to me is more carelessness and temper than guts.

Slow
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
It isn't about looking like a professional fighter, or fighting like Probert. It's showing your team that even though you are a superstar, and supposedly immune from the rough stuff, Malkin nevertheless stepped up.

Crosby can't, and never will. Oh, he'll give the occasional cheap shot, he's good at that. He makes his points by slashing other player's in the feet when skating by after the game.

Malkin should have the "C".

What say you, Don Cherry? The team with the most non-Canadians is two games away from two Cups in two years, and on Pittsburgh the heart and soul superstar is a Russian.

And, remember, Don Cherry began all this, by claiming Europeans and Russians are weak and have no heart.

Well, now he just looks like an old fool.

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 05:43 PM
It isn't about looking like a professional fighter, or fighting like Probert. It's showing your team that even though you are a superstar, and supposedly immune from the rough stuff, Malkin nevertheless stepped up.

Crosby can't, and never will. Oh, he'll give the occasional cheap shot, he's good at that. He makes his points by slashing other player's in the feet when skating by after the game.

Sidney Crosby can't and never will fight?? I think you're sadly misinformed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY2lsKPo0B8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4lmmBvhcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY696toy8o8

Explain those clips.. Looks to me like Crosby in a few fights... but you're right.. he will NEVER stand up for himself or a team mate...

Slow
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Crosby doesn't step up in meaningful games.

Malkin took on Zetterberg. Crosby slashed Maltby after the game.

That speaks volumes.

Oscar_Leroy
06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
It speaks volumes that claim Crosby doesn't play well in meaningful games.. I take it you haven't watched any games before this series.. I guess Crosby must have got all 30 of his points in one meaningless game.. You have to at least give him some credit, whether you like him or not. If you refuse to, you are as bad as Don Cherry in my opinion.

Jack Butler
06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Sidney Crosby hides when the pressure is on. He is USELESS.

Wait, this isn't news...

That is just stupid and said for a reaction.
You don't believe that, no way!
He's been playing under more pressure that any other hockey player since he was 15!
He is the money maker, he is the cash cow, regardless of who wins.
Like I said last year, 'Get use to it"!
All you are doing is blabbering a bunch of one sided comments....again.

Fyre
06-02-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm with you, Grumpy- Heres hoping that the Pens turn up the heat at home tonite and wipe the floor with the Wings. They went all seven against the Caps, lost the first two, only to come back to win the next three. Go Pens, go!

Jack Butler
06-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Justin Abdelkader has two more goals in this series than Crosby.

....and Zetterberg and Hossa and Holmstrom and Lidstrom, so.......
Funny.....I go to Detroit's website and who do I see, Ha, Ha, Ha!
A nice big picture of your buddy.
That has gotta drive you crazy!

Oscar_Leroy
06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
I love it when players like Abdelkader step up in the playoffs, it's what makes playoff hockey so great. You never know what is going to happen or who the hero is going to be. It doesn't make Crosby any less of a player because Abdelkader scored a few.

With that said, here's to hoping Pittsburgh wins the game tonight and makes this series a bit more interesting.

kitty&mimi
06-02-2009, 10:09 PM
im actually watching hockey lol
i enjoy watching it and i like pittsburgh....and sidney crosby is hot
but i have to say fleury pisses me off sometimes :)

Super Gram
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Last nights game was really good. Too bad Zetterburg was so tired in the 3rd period. But any player would be if playing every second shift. I think Bylsma has a method to tired him out.I wish he would tell his players to shoot more instead of dipsy doodling. I hate that

SWRKR 01
06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I missed the game, only saw the highlites. From what it looked like, it was a good game. I see Osgood is still stoning Crosby... DAMN!!...LOL

Refereeing is still less than effective from what I saw, but it looked like this time it was the Wings who spent more time in the box?

Malkin appears to have played a great game and I was pleased to see him focus on hockey. Although my dreams of a Red Wing upset are likely never to develop into reality (well this year anyways), if the next few games could be like last night, the series will be worth watching for sure.

kitty&mimi
06-03-2009, 11:53 AM
oh ya i forgot to mention that malkin is a really good player just from watching these few games lol

Oscar_Leroy
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Last nights game was really good. Too bad Zetterburg was so tired in the 3rd period. But any player would be if playing every second shift. I think Bylsma has a method to tired him out.I wish he would tell his players to shoot more instead of dipsy doodling. I hate that

That was a game and a half for sure..

Zetterberg still managed to get one. If he is getting tired and Bylsma has figured out a good method of keeping him busy this series might get pretty interesting.

Super Gram
06-04-2009, 09:19 AM
They are all set to go tonight. Draper will be playig. Thats one guy I always liked If Datsuk plays then he can play Zetterburg and Datsuk on Crosby.But of course not together lol....Crosby plays better when someone is on him. His passing to Guerin is right on the mark.He is such a dedicated player. He puts everything he has got when he is on the ice.

Hey what about Talbot is he hot or not?

Oscar_Leroy
06-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Datsuk is said to be playing tonight. If he does play it will take some pressure off of Zetterberg and put some on Crosby and Malkin for sure. I think we can all count on a good game tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

Jack Butler
06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Dats will have a hard time, when he does come back!
They are hard minutes that you have to play and a health Zetterberg is finding it hard, so....
You did get what you want Oscar, that was a good game!
Nice that Tyler got one....beautiful play!
The series is far from over, but it does look different at this point, than it did last year.
Confidence is so big...and I think the Wings are a bit shook right now.
We'll see?

Super Gram
06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Well the Pens were on a roll tonight. Ty Kennedy got a goal. gooooood. Yes the man was tired again tonight. When you get hit enough times and have to keep getting up. It makes you tired or so the experts say.

Nice slash across the back of Crosby's leg by Maltby. At least Sid hit him on the foot after Maltby slashed him first. That was a couple of nights ago.

Oscar_Leroy
06-05-2009, 12:34 AM
The wings really did look a bit shook up. Apparently home ice means a lot in this series. I agree the Wings are a bit on there heels right now, as they should be. Once the Pens started to get some confidence they were all over the Wings. Awesome series so far.

Slow
06-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice slash across the back of Crosby's leg by Maltby. At least Sid hit him on the foot after Maltby slashed him first. That was a couple of nights ago.

Oh, yes, it was such a horrible slash...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7kXHhj8eM

That's what captains do, they dive.

Way to go, Cindy

Slow
06-05-2009, 08:35 PM
What say you about that dive, Don Cherry????

Jack Butler
06-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Who cares what Don Cherry says.
Member when you were a kid and you would come up behind someone and push your knee into the back of their knee.
You could make them fall down with this simple move.
Now let me swing a stick and duplicate that same move on the back of your knee.
How about a horse bit on the back of the thigh, I'd make you cry!
A guy like you would be even more disabled than you are now!
It's easy from the arm chair, tell 'em yank!

Super Gram
06-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I agree with you Jack....that slash across the back of the leg really hurt.

Dats is supposed to play tonight but the game is so fast and furious. Daats hasn't played for a long time. Can he keep up with a bum foot? I see Draper didn't last long. I still like the guy.

Jack Butler
06-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree with you Jack....that slash across the back of the leg really hurt.

Dats is supposed to play tonight but the game is so fast and furious. Daats hasn't played for a long time. Can he keep up with a bum foot?

Now all we need is Bobby Clarke!
....don't be surprised if he gets a wack!!

Oscar_Leroy
06-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I would be inclined to say Crosby did not dive. He's fought his way through a lot of slashes in the series and I'm sure he would have fought his way through that one too. Either way, its a brand new series now. Best of 3. Looking forward to game 5 hopefully Datsuk does well and lights a fire under his team.

Slow
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Any question now about Crosby??

NO composure! NO leadership!

The guy is an absolute JOKE!!

Slow
06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Great leadership, Crosby, you jerk.

Slow
06-07-2009, 11:51 AM
From the Pittsburg Post Gazette: "Late in the period that would send them to the dressing room down 5-0, Sidney Crosby, the Captain, stunned Henrik Zetterberg with a vicious slash right from the Gary Roberts School of Cheap Shot Playoff Etiquette. Max Talbot's whack on the foot of Pavel Datsyuk, the one that kept him out of the last seven games, wasn't exactly his proudest moment of the playoffs either."

GRUMPY
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
You know Slow most of the time I think that some of your posts are a bit out there however you are 100% right on this one!!! I just hope that the Wings blow them out of the arena in the next game as they are totally bush league!

Oscar_Leroy
06-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not saying that Crosby is a great leader, but I wouldn't say he has NO leadership qualities. As for the loss, the team lost together. I fail to see where Crosby becomes accountable for the play of all of his teammates. Sure he didn't score, but he also did not let in 4 goals in the second. We all know you can't stand Crosby, but why don't you look at things a bit more objectively? He is a good player, he does play hard, and even if you don't like him, which I do not care for him personally, you have to admit he has skill. I'm guessing you think Crosby landed where he did in the draft, scoring race, and playoff scoring race just by luck tho... I do agree that there is no place in the game for unprovoked or retaliatory slashes though, although Crosby is not the only player using the stick...

Slow
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Osgood had more points than Crosby last night! LOL

Slow
06-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I fail to see where Crosby becomes accountable for the play of all of his teammates. .

Right, because the guy has NO leadership qualities.

Look at the stupid penalty he took. He lost his composure.

He may be the most over-rated athlete in the last quarter century.

If he is Canada's leader in Vancouver, you're toast.

Jack Butler
06-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Osgood had more points than Crosby last night! LOL

........and more than Holmstom, Helm, Draper, Maltby and Stuart!
Ha, Ha, Ha!
How about the Zetterburg dive, take about deja vu!
Funny how the story changes from the same action.
Suck it up....regardless of who wins, Crosby will still be #1!
You think we're toast in Vancouver....you wish...not gonna happen!
If he's overate, you better tell all the rink to stop raising ticket prices when he comes to town.
The Crosby show is well known around the league and everyone pays more to be part of it.
For the wack on the foot to be a problem, than he came back too soon.
That's like telling a boxer, not to hit the guy in the eye that is cut or swollen!
Do you really watch hockey?
You seem to take issue with with a lot that happens every year?
You sound like a hockey Mom or Dad, dishing one of the best kids in the league.

Oscar_Leroy
06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I have to say, as much as I am going for Detroit(mostly for Osgood BTW), I was disappointed to see a 5-0 game in the finals.. I am really hoping the Pens can push this to game seven. Nothing quite like a game seven in the finals..

Jack Butler
06-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I am really hoping the Pens can push this to game seven. Nothing quite like a game seven in the finals..

I'm with you on that, for sure!
Maybe even overtime, or is that asking too much!
Rating would go through the roof.
Win or lose, it would be all about Crosby in game 7 or game 6.
Seems like he's the topic regardless, Ha, Ha, Ha!
For those nay sayers, you are the one's that perpetuate it.
.....you can't win!

Oscar_Leroy
06-07-2009, 02:55 PM
OT Cup winning goals are unforgettable. Especially the infamous foot in the crease OT goal. Just don't EVER tell Hull his foot was in the crease lol

bohd
06-08-2009, 07:49 AM

Look at the stupid penalty he took. He lost his composure.

He may be the most over-rated athlete in the last quarter century.

If he is Canada's leader in Vancouver, you're toast.

he is only 22 years old..

Jack Butler
06-08-2009, 01:53 PM

Crosby leads in a number of ways.
Like, "What are most of the topics in the sports section about"?
.....I couldn't have done it without you.
Ha, Ha, Ha, ho, ho, ho!

Fyre
06-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Tyler Kennedy had his night- Whoot Whoot!!!
Awesome game, looking forward to Friday and laughing at all the Wings fans- Or crying because my Pens lost!

Oscar_Leroy
06-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Good game!!! I honestly thought the wings were going to tie it at the end. Kennedy was clutch in the game for sure too. Looks the playoffs will end in style this year, two evenly matched teams in a game 7.

Jack Butler
06-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Really glad for Tyler, what a moment, what a memory, game 6 GWG!
Game 7 will be great for ratings.
How bad do they want it.......

kitty&mimi
06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
great game last night
both teams played awesome
happy for kennedy!

Super Gram
06-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Loved the way TY scored that goal. He is a tenatious player and so is Staal.

BTW Dats foot is frozen and he can't feel a thing.

MaO3
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm not a hockey fan only time I really watch is during playoffs - but man that was a good game.
I'm so happy for Tyler!! What a great, great game for him.

Woot woot way to go T.K.!!

Super Gram
06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Tyler says he is looking forward to bring the Stanley Cup to the Sault.

Slow
06-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Tyler says he is looking forward to bring the Stanley Cup to the Sault.

Breaking News there, Super Gram. :)

In other breaking news, the sun rose today in the east.

Fyre
06-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Breaking News there, Super Gram. :)

In other breaking news, the sun rose today in the east.

And the Penguins rained on your parade!

Slow
06-14-2009, 04:40 PM
And the Penguins rained on your parade!

I've had 4 parades in the last 12 years, so I can afford to have one rained on.

How 'bout you Leafs fans?? ;)

bohd
06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I've had 4 parades in the last 12 years, so I can afford to have one rained on.

How 'bout you Leafs fans?? ;)

lololololololololololololololololololoololololl.o. .......

Slow
06-14-2009, 05:06 PM
lololololololololololololololololololoololololl.o. .......

Exactly ;)