PDA

View Full Version : Mommy moment

MissMuffett
06-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sooo sad. I will probably b fully done nursing in another week or two. My 13 month old drinks great from a sippy cup and can chew her food now. I am having a hard time letting her grow up. I had a hard time nursing in the beginning from bruising to bleeding. I saw a nurse 4 times till I could nurse without pain. She went from sleeping next to me to in her rocking chair next to the bed, than to her crib and every nite I had that special time with her where she would pull my hair around my face or pick my nose or stick her little fingers in my mouth while we sat in our comfy chair in her bedroom. Just the two of us. !! I could make her stop crying if she was sick/tired/ or just cranky. I had that special touch to make her content. I will have those memories of nursing in our vehicles and laugh when I recall finding those white splotches from my letdown all over the door or seat or dash. My little girl is growing!! Thanks for letting me share.

Sophie's_Mommy
06-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh I know, they grow up so fast. My daughter will be one in less then 3 weeks, and she is so big and almost walking. i want her to stay little forever. :)
She does the same thing at night, when im putting her to sleep she ll pick my nose, stick her fingers in my mouth ( not in that order..lol) play with my face and hair. Its awesome. I can't count how many times she has brought tears of joy to my eyes. I love her to pieces. I tried to breastfeed, it only lasted 6 weeks and i had to stop, i was not producing enough milk, it broke my heart. I really wanted to BF and have that bonding with her, but you know what, even bottle feeding her i still had that bond and to this day if anyone even my hubby tries to feed her she will make a fuse and only eat for me..lol.
You dont have to stop BF her, i have seen people who stopped once the child was 2 yrs old. Theres nothing wrong with it at all. But thats your choice :)