PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Crosby must grow up to win Stanley Cup

Slow
06-08-2009, 11:53 AM
"I don't like the Pittsburgh Penguins.

They remind me of how smug the Colorado Avalanche used be when we couldn't stand Patrick Roy, whiny Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg.

The ghost of Claude Lemieux is traveling with Pittsburgh during the finals as this talented bunch of so-called superstars have become an ice gang of crybaby cheap-shot artists. They know they are the weaker team next to the big Red Wings machine.

The good part about the bad blood in this series is Red Wings fans now have a team to hate for the next decade in Pittsburgh. Five games with the Chicago Blackhawks provided a platform for a future regional rivalry but pales in comparison to the ugly side of hockey we have witnessed from the Pittsburgh bench in this series.

A lot of people have been waiting so long to despise a hockey team and individuals as much as we did Colorado back in the day. This is good for hockey and good for the Red Wings.

Watching Detroit crush the Penguins on Saturday night was as of fulfilling as anything I have ever witnessed in sports. Even better than when the Red Wings got Roy pulled in that epic Western Conference final Game 7.

The sad part of this story is that Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, a Grand Haven native, never played the game the way his team has played in the finals.

The showboating and headhunting has no place in hockey. It's obvious Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are the malcontents who run the show and when their game is on they dance and throw it in the face of their opponents. Did Stevie Yzerman or Wayne Gretzky ever show up other teams?

When the little baby Penguins are frustrated they can't handle it and lose it on the ice for all to see. Great teams and great players win and lose with class like the Red Wings.

This ridiculous comparison of Sydney Crosby to Gretzky is propaganda spewing out of the NHL front office on the Nothing But Crosby network (NBC).

The Great One respected the game and never would resort to the dirty tactics Crosby delivered in Game 5 and his constant complaining to the officials.

Lets be honest about Crosby. He's got great talent with an immature side to him that probably will never see a Stanley Cup trophy parade as long as the Red Wings are in business. He knows this and it kills him so the little sniper and his Russian buddy Malkin bask in the glory of home ice but have curled in to the fetal position on the road in Detroit.

Crosby is no superstar until he gets multiple Cups. Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg of the Red Wings are more complete players than Crosby and Malkin.

The Game 5 win was a message to all that the Red Wings still are the class of hockey on this planet and plan on staying at the top for a long time.

The beauty of what will be a win over the Pens compared to last year is that the Red Wings became a better hockey team while Pittsburgh's thuggery lowered the street value of Malkin and Crosby.

If Crosby wants to be Gretzky he had better start winning some Cups and respecting his opponents. Malkin will never be a star outside of Pittsburgh and his homeland because he has no respect for the game.

Maybe one day Bylsma will be able to show them how to win and lose with dignity. If you're a hockey mom or dad you want your kids to be like the Red Wings and not the Penguins."

http://blog.mlive.com/hugeblog/2009/06/sidney_crosby_must_grow_up_to.html#preview

Jack Butler
06-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Win or lose, it will be all about Crosby in game 7 or game 6.
Seems like he's the topic regardless, Ha, Ha, Ha!
For those nay sayers, you are the one's that perpetuate it.
.....you can't win!
Do you really watch hockey?
You seem to take issue with with a lot that happens every year?
You sound like a hockey Mom or Dad, dishing one of the best kids in the league.

GRUMPY
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
very true Jack one of the best kids in the league , I can't wait till he grows up.

Jack Butler
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
very true Jack one of the best kids in the league , I can't wait till he grows up.

You won't see much change, other than maybe more intensity.
He'll be the guy you love to hate.
Just spell the name right!

Jack Butler
06-08-2009, 02:08 PM
very true Jack Slow is dishing one of the best kids in the league , I can't wait till he grows up.

Here I fixed your post.
I added "Slow is dishing".
I think that it reads much better, do you?

GRUMPY
06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
while most of the time slow is out of it however this time he hits the mark on this subject.

Jack Butler
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Ha, Ha, Ha......not on your life.
It's all about the hype, what don't you understand?
You guys can't stop taking about him, so you tell me.
I surely haven't brought any of this crap up.
It's the guys that support the team that's winning.....Ha, Ha, Ha!
Somehow I can't help thinking it will be like next year, and the year after that, and the year after that........

nightingale
06-13-2009, 12:22 AM
grown up or not, he is now the youngest captain to have ever won the Stanley Cup!!

Super Gram
06-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Yes he is woot woot:wink:

mercifulpenguin
06-13-2009, 01:43 AM
lol, Detroit fans, you've seen your team win the cup no less than 3 times (depending on your age) just calm the eff down. (And FYI, definitely didn't read your whole post, you say Sid cries? Guess who's the hypocrite)

Super Gram
06-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Curt Maltby has 4 Stanley Cup rings. He didn't need another one. He can give Hossa one of his.The Pens had a lot of fun knocking Hossa down. Is he going to sign with the RW next year for less money. I doubt it?

kitty&mimi
06-13-2009, 03:24 PM
oh my....some fans....lol
the best team won
end of story...

Oscar_Leroy
06-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Looks like Sid the Kid is all grown up and drinking out of the big boys cup now...

http://blog.mlive.com/redwings_impact/2009/06/medium_crosby13.jpg

On another note though.. Crosby did not shake Lidstroms hand, some are calling it a snub.. thoughts?

Super Gram
06-14-2009, 08:45 AM
How do you know he didn't shake Lidstroms hand? Are you sure it wan't the other way?

Oscar_Leroy
06-14-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281761

"Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena.

"That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"

just found that interesting.. I somehow doubt it was intentional, probably just excited and all, but I can understand how Lidstrom and Draper would be a bit upset by it.

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-14-2009, 10:40 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20090614/SPORTS05/90614009/1048/SPORTS

I do not like crosby but i will defend him here. The guy just won the cup and was excited and by the time he got to it, some of the wings were gone. Draper is the bum and a sore loser.

bohd
06-14-2009, 11:11 AM
for slow......lolololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololol...i hope you spent way too much for that seat....

Super Gram
06-14-2009, 02:35 PM
If you followed Sid after the game you would have seen the CBC interviewing him. When he was finished he was the last one in the line up shaking hands. Lidstrom was gone already. Then he was called to a cell phone to talk to the Prime Minister.He can't do that and hunt around for Lidstrom. Did Lidstrom say anything...no it was Draper trying to stir the pot.Get over it already..

Jack Butler
06-14-2009, 02:56 PM
http://www.freep.com/article/20090614/SPORTS05/90614009/1048/SPORTS

I do not like crosby but i will defend him here. The guy just won the cup and was excited and by the time he got to it, some of the wings were gone. Draper is the bum and a sore loser.

I agree with Doc's Cat.
Crosby is very much a student of the game.
He is responsible and getting it right is important to him.
Knowing what I know, he would be disappointed with himself for not following tradition.
He got caught up in the moment, there is no way this was intentional...no way!
What was stopping Lidstrom from going and shaking his hand regardless of the situation, if he had somewhere to go.
He missed a chance at a picture that would have meant more than the two in the traditional line, maybe he blew it!
You think he would have left his calendar open...where did he have to go?

Jack Butler
06-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Another thing....."I don't ever want to be in that picture again"!
It's from a commercial that was used through the playoffs.
It was obvious that last year Sid stayed on the ice and sucked it up...it fuelled him.
I wonder how many minutes it was....
I think that the Wings just wouldn't stay, as they should have and been gracious losers and hosts!

Slow
06-14-2009, 04:59 PM
If you followed Sid after the game you would have seen the CBC interviewing him. When he was finished he was the last one in the line up shaking hands. Lidstrom was gone already. Then he was called to a cell phone to talk to the Prime Minister.He can't do that and hunt around for Lidstrom. Did Lidstrom say anything...no it was Draper trying to stir the pot.Get over it already..

The tradition of the handshake comes first, everyone knows that.

Crosby isn't leadership material. It was painfully obvious.

Congrats to Kennedy. I've always liked Fleury, so good for him, too. And Coach Bylsma, a Michigan boy, nice job.

Jack Butler
06-14-2009, 08:45 PM

What does an American know about the Canadian Game....a lot less than he thinks

Your inability to make a leadership judgement is also painfully obvious.
The Crosby uni is probably the most expensive one, even in the Detroit pro shop...ha, ha, ha!

Lidstrom and Draper are bums!
The American way has rubbed off on them....it is unfortunate!
Where did he have to go?
They should have just STFU and let the media handle it, if they felt it worthy.
Now who's whining?
I can tell......this really stings!

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-14-2009, 08:54 PM
When the little baby Penguins are frustrated they can't handle it and lose it on the ice for all to see. Great teams and great players win and lose with class like the Red Wings.

http://blog.mlive.com/hugeblog/2009/06/sidney_crosby_must_grow_up_to.html#preview

Yup just like lidstrom and draper. LOL

Fyre
06-14-2009, 09:23 PM
What does an American know about the Canadian Game....a lot less than he thinks

Go to any American hockey town and you won't be asking that question anymore. My parents have had season tickets for the Rochester Americans as long as I can remember. Do you think that Canada's the only place that people go crazy watching a game played on ice? Lmao, I actually liked you up until your cheap shot on Americans.

Jack Butler
06-14-2009, 09:40 PM
You took it as a general comment, I was being specific.
Lets face....referees with microphones aren't for the benefit of Canadians.
And, I been to those towns....lots of them.
My comment stands!

Jack Butler
06-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh ya....remember, the blue streak for the pass and red streak for the shot.
It was all about helping the American follow the game.
Don't forget...."they shouldn't wear helmets, so the fans can see their faces".
This from the people responsible for the game in the USA.
You couldn't make this crap up!

Fyre
06-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Last time I checked, making reference to something by saying "AN AMERICAN" is NOT being specific - so you may want to rethink that. As for the rest, might I point out to you that there are members on this board that are American - not everyone who uses this public forum is Canadian. That being said, you may not want to take cheap shots on another person's nationality. Your post made reference to asking AN AMERICAN about hockey, and you got a response from AN AMERICAN, yet you continue to take cheap shots. What the television networks decided to do with their broadcasts of hockey games does not necessarily reflect how well ALL Americans understand the sport. Perhaps you should examine your GENERAL comments before trying to pass them off as SPECIFIC.

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Last time I checked, making reference to something by saying "ANY AMERICAN" is NOT being specific - so you may want to rethink that. As for the rest, might I point out to you that there are members on this board that are American - not everyone who uses this public forum is Canadian. That being said, you may not want to take cheap shots on another person's nationality. Your post made reference to asking AN AMERICAN about hockey, and you got a response from AN AMERICAN, yet you continue to take cheap shots. What the television networks decided to do with their broadcasts of hockey games does not necessarily reflect how well ALL Americans understand the sport. Perhaps you should examine your GENERAL comments before trying to pass them off as SPECIFIC.

LOL its a game of hockey. Relax! Typical american. Has to blow everything out of proportion. Americans can somehow turn a mosquito bite into a "pandemic" and a shark attack into mass panic in the oceans.

Fyre
06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
LOL its a game of hockey. Relax! Typical american. Has to blow everything out of proportion. Americans can somehow turn a mosquito bite into a "pandemic" and a shark attack into mass panic in the oceans.

Lmao then I could say- You're a typical Canadian who thinks she knows how the American mind works better than the Americans themselves.

I'm done here- The Pens got the cup and I'm a happy camper!
Or wait, maybe I need that explained to me too...

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Lmao then I could say- You're a typical Canadian who thinks she knows how the American mind works better than the Americans themselves.

I'd say youre 96% correct. The only thing wrong was im not a she. Bang on the rest though

Jack Butler
06-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Last time I checked, making reference to something by saying "AN AMERICAN" is NOT being specific - so you may want to rethink that. As for the rest, might I point out to you that there are members on this board that are American - not everyone who uses this public forum is Canadian. That being said, you may not want to take cheap shots on another person's nationality. Your post made reference to asking AN AMERICAN about hockey, and you got a response from AN AMERICAN, yet you continue to take cheap shots. What the television networks decided to do with their broadcasts of hockey games does not necessarily reflect how well ALL Americans understand the sport. Perhaps you should examine your GENERAL comments before trying to pass them off as SPECIFIC.

It's all a matter of perspective, although I'm sure that I am not speaking for all Canadians.
To rethink that would mean I didn't think before I posted.
That is not the case.
You will get no sympathy here, so.....whatever.

Oscar_Leroy
06-15-2009, 01:17 AM
With no disrespect to American viewers, the glowing puck was pretty funny. I know if this still existed, I would NEVER watch a game on fox. Regardless of who was playing. I would have to agree that the majority of US viewers are not as hockey savvy as us Canadian viewers. I would also be inclined to suggest most of the more knowledgeable US fan base exists in MI, and MN. You can thank mr Bettman for any hostilities towards US viewers though... Back on track though.

Malkin for Conn Smythe? I was really hoping to see it go to Fleury, I think he is such a great playoff goalie, aside from his one bad game. But he was huge when his team needed him. Also Sidney Crosby sitting on the bench while injured.. That had to have been the longest period of hockey he has ever watched.. I have to admit, as much as I wanted the wings to take it, the Pens deserved it. I wonder how they will defend next year, or if they will suffer from the cup hangover.

Coach
06-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Go to any American hockey town and you won't be asking that question anymore. My parents have had season tickets for the Rochester Americans as long as I can remember. Do you think that Canada's the only place that people go crazy watching a game played on ice? Lmao, I actually liked you up until your cheap shot on Americans.

Go to ANY CANADIAN TOWN....period....hockey rules...not just a "Hockey town"

hmmmm but you find it o.k. for a certain poster....although not recently... to try to take cheap shots at Canada....????
hmmmmm

Fact....hockey is the fourth sport...if not lower in the U.S. because of how they are raised....I child in the states plays Baseball and football....here we play hockey...in Canada you can't spit without hitting an arena and there are many states where you would be hard pressed to even find an ice arena for hockey....sooo logically yes Most Canadians are smarter then Americans in Hockey just as Most Americans are Smarter then Canadians in Baseball or Football....there are exceptions of course

Fyre
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
I have a problem with any cheap shots pertaining to nationality, regardless of which side it comes from. They're unnecessary and frankly way too common on these boards.

This is what set me off-

Lidstrom and Draper are bums!
The American way has rubbed off on them....it is unfortunate!

Being that I am an American, I responded as such.

Tell me Coach, how the hell does this comment add anything of value to this thread?
I just can't believe how frequently this type of thing flies on here.

Jack Butler
06-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Tell me Coach, how the hell does this comment add anything of value to this thread?

I got it.......
You haven't been here too long obviously!
It is either that or you have your head in the sand.
We have a special American on this board and that is who I am specifically responding too.
Look at the thread title and who started it...are you blind!
If you want to stand in the line of fire, suit yourself.
The word American, can be singular as well as plural, so.....
For someone that says they don't need things explained to them.....you are doing a lousy job!

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Why do people get so touchy over one persons opinion?

Jack Butler
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
"I don't like the Pittsburgh Penguins.

They remind me of how smug the Colorado Avalanche used be when we couldn't stand Patrick Roy, whiny Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg.

The ghost of Claude Lemieux is traveling with Pittsburgh during the finals as this talented bunch of so-called superstars have become an ice gang of crybaby cheap-shot artists. They know they are the weaker team next to the big Red Wings machine.

The good part about the bad blood in this series is Red Wings fans now have a team to hate for the next decade in Pittsburgh. Five games with the Chicago Blackhawks provided a platform for a future regional rivalry but pales in comparison to the ugly side of hockey we have witnessed from the Pittsburgh bench in this series.

A lot of people have been waiting so long to despise a hockey team and individuals as much as we did Colorado back in the day. This is good for hockey and good for the Red Wings.

Watching Detroit crush the Penguins on Saturday night was as of fulfilling as anything I have ever witnessed in sports. Even better than when the Red Wings got Roy pulled in that epic Western Conference final Game 7.

The sad part of this story is that Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, a Grand Haven native, never played the game the way his team has played in the finals.

The showboating and headhunting has no place in hockey. It's obvious Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are the malcontents who run the show and when their game is on they dance and throw it in the face of their opponents. Did Stevie Yzerman or Wayne Gretzky ever show up other teams?

This ridiculous comparison of Sydney Crosby to Gretzky is propaganda spewing out of the NHL front office on the Nothing But Crosby network (NBC).

The Great One respected the game and never would resort to the dirty tactics Crosby delivered in Game 5 and his constant complaining to the officials.

Lets be honest about Crosby. He's got great talent with an immature side to him that probably will never see a Stanley Cup trophy parade as long as the Red Wings are in business. He knows this and it kills him so the little sniper and his Russian buddy Malkin bask in the glory of home ice but have curled in to the fetal position on the road in Detroit.

Crosby is no superstar until he gets multiple Cups. Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg of the Red Wings are more complete players than Crosby and Malkin.

The Game 5 win was a message to all that the Red Wings still are the class of hockey on this planet and plan on staying at the top for a long time.

The beauty of what will be a win over the Pens compared to last year is that the Red Wings became a better hockey team while Pittsburgh's thuggery lowered the street value of Malkin and Crosby.

If Crosby wants to be Gretzky he had better start winning some Cups and respecting his opponents. Malkin will never be a star outside of Pittsburgh and his homeland because he has no respect for the game.

Maybe one day Bylsma will be able to show them how to win and lose with dignity. If you're a hockey mom or dad you want your kids to be like the Red Wings and not the Penguins."

Oh.....by the way.....you were wrong!
Everything in this post is from a distorted perception.
From what you have said, he didn't grow up, yet he still won......hmm!
Here's the American (singular) opinion that Frye is defending.
It is very fitting that the result in the end, was the exact opposite to what this post was about.
You want to support an Americans (singular) gibberish, knock yourself out.
Just don't be surprise when you get some of the crap on you, cause that's all it is!

........talk about bulletin board material!
Couldn't have done it without you.....
......OWNED!

Super Gram
06-15-2009, 10:33 PM

Congrats to Kennedy. I've always liked Fleury, so good for him, too. And Coach Bylsma, a Michigan boy, nice job.

I'm sure when the Pens win the cup next year. Crosby won't forget to shake hands if Draper and Lidstom stick around. It's pretty hard for someone to shake hands when they disapear because they lost.:omg:

Jack Butler
06-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Funny you say that Gram.
Dwight Howard was in the same situation as Lidstrom last night.
He was exposed to a situation that he didn't want to be in.
Rather than leave and walk off the floor, he stayed and learn from it.
He said "it will be the fuel for next year"!
That is just what Crosby did a year ago.
That's where the "I don't ever want to be in that picture, again" commercial came from.
With the media access to ice level interviews, Sid had done 4 different spots before he could shake hands
I saw the Wings on TSN talking....I'll add Zetterberg to my bum list.
What a little bi*ch...
Nice when you can vent and focus on something other than the fact you choked.
Not surprised when a wings fan thinks Sid isn't a leader.
That's not the only thing they got wrong!