PDA

View Full Version : prozac?

MissMuffett
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
well i've been on prozac for over a year now and im a little concerned. I have a dr apt in a couple of weeks but i have noticed that i cannot cry!! I cannot remember the last time i cried. I get sad about some things and than i will feel like i will start to cry and i will get maybe 1 tear.. MAYBE... its weird.. I think there is something wrong with me.. People NEED TO CRY!! I dont understand why i cannot cry!!

Amaranth
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I was on it for a few years and I couldn't cry. I had no emotions my family told me. That was okay for me at the time because I had been crying non-stop before that. I would mention it to the doctor but my doctor had said, "Didn't you WANT to stop crying?" She had a point I suppose lol. Some anti-depressants made me cry too much. I would rather not cry at all than too much personally.

Juggs
06-10-2009, 07:51 AM
the crying part is nothing wait till you try to stop taking the meds... they say they are not addictive but it feels like your gonna die when you start withdrawing, also every thing will make you cry when you first stop the pills. Trust me on this I've been on prozac for a few years and have tried to stop them and can't my doctor said it can take up to a year to get off them completely!!!

Amaranth
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I didn't have withdrawals when I stopped Prozac but I did with two other medications. I haven't touched an anti-depressant in four years now and vowed never to take them again because the withdrawals were worse than when I quit smoking!