PDA

View Full Version : strange clicking noise

Mr Mom
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
so i drive a 97ford expidition and i'm having some issuse......first of all a few weeks ago my driver side power window stoped working which isn't a big deal but two days ago my door locks(power) stoped working also not a big deal either cause i can open them manually but heres the thing.....if i try to use the interior power lock on the driver side then my drivers side window goes down then last night i get in my truck and there is this clicking noise (sound like it from inside my dash) and it clickes a few times the my drivers side window goes down and i put it up and a few seconds later it goes back down. i have the mannual and i changed the powerlock fuse under my hood but it didn't work. so i'm just stumped.....my truck has almost 300 000 km so i don't wanna put lots of money into it but would like to get through the summer so if anyone could give me a pointer on what i should do it would be greatly appreciated....cheers and thank you in advance

Peety
06-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Check the wiring in the door,,Pull the panel off,,
Check the wires in the tube in the door Jam,,check it out or it might burn,

Mr Mom
06-13-2009, 04:25 PM
the strangest aspect of my problems is that my power locks on driver/passenger side will put my drivers side window dwn but i have to use the acctual window button to put it up again and this blows my mind

deanoo28
06-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Remove passenger side kick panel and unbolt the fuse/relay box.Check for moisture and corroded wiring .

06-13-2009, 04:59 PM
try resetting the body control module... you wouold probably have to search online to find out where it is.