PDA

View Full Version : Gaming of tomorrow.

mboy67
06-15-2009, 03:21 AM
this looks cool if it's true.

http://www.wimp.com/futuregaming/

AmdWolfman
06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree totally, the gaming industry will be in for a big change.

macdever
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I have never been more excited for the future

Strife
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
If this is the future of gaming, I would be rushing to the store to buy a 360 (even though I just sold one lol).

Iverson3k
06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
This is old news guys... E3... E3

rmkryan
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
If thats true, I might become a 360 fan.

Iverson3k
06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
on number 6 and still a fan.

B.David
06-15-2009, 08:03 PM
You're posting about Natal now? Old news. :)

Hans
06-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I can already see the lawsuits from people pulling muscles while doing a back flip, lol.

filthy
06-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Each of the 3 next gen consoles has it's innovations, and if you think XBOX is the only one with something like this on the horizon then you must be a fanboy.

This Project Natal seems amazing but what does it matter if your console won't turn on or is in the process of being repaired.

The power inside of the PS3 alone crushes the XBOX 360, almost never breaks down when used properly and is free to play online. (screw XBOX Live, it's costing you one new release per membership)

My Elite is my dirty pig, just a modded machine for free games, mainly exclusives to the 360.
I would never consider violating my PS3 in such a manner.

This will not change for me and many others until the 720 arrives and is proven....

mercifulpenguin
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Each of the 3 next gen consoles has it's innovations, and if you think XBOX is the only one with something like this on the horizon then you must be a fanboy.

lol, seriously though, only a fanboy WOULDN'T be excited by something like this, *cough cough sony fanboy cough

Strife
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
As a Nintendo fanboy, Natal is gonna make my Wii look like a paperweight. All the cool things that can be done with this new technology will only push companies like Nintendo and Sony to develop even more ways to get people more into the game. Nintendo is doing it with the Wii Motion Plus, MS is doing it with Natal, and I havent watched Sony's E3 conference yet so I dont know what they are up to.

To be honest, I expected Nintendo to come out with this new technology because they were the first to make a controller that was truely interactive. If Natal can prove itself to gamers on the 360, who knows where this technology can lead gamers.

Iverson3k
06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
lol, seriously though, only a fanboy WOULDN'T be excited by something like this, *cough cough sony fanboy cough

HAHAHA I was reading the same thing when he was praising his PS3... PS3 fanboys rip on M$ because their system breaks... Hell Im on my 6th system and I even own two now... Just because I like them that much... Guess how much I paid for them to be repaired??? NOTHING!
Meanwhile you Sony people have your blu-ray drive die after a year and Sony bends you over a barrel... Funny how you said the PS3 is better...
Yet look at many games that come out... Which one has higher resolution... Take the new Ghostbusters for example... Looks like some games play better on 360... Never have I heard of the PS3 outdoing the 360 in any game... If you find one than please post... But if your gonna post something about Killzone 2... Please dont... I played the game with my friend and we both came close to killing outselves. And guess how many games my friend owns for his PS3... NONE! How many for his 360??? Probably around 30... This is the way we look at it...
If we want something to watch movies... We will buy a PS3... But for games... Ill take my broken 360's any day.
And finally... Yes I know this is a long post...
But the camera... PS3 showed theirs... Yet you have to use the Play Station Eye... I am looking forward to seeing more on it... But with E3... Microsoft stole the show... Just depends when they can get it out and how it works with recognition... Seems to me though the PSEYE will pick up the lights on the end of the sticks... Mostly its alike a Wii-mote... At least Microsoft is taking it to a new level.

filthy
06-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Killzone 2? hah garbage

Guess you never played the best game of 2009 so far...

Ever heard of Infamous?

Guess not?! don't have a PS3?? sucks to be you!!!

Oh ya and have fun taking it up the hooper with Live fees every year.

This Natal looks great, but you already praising something that has not even been released yet. It's just as likely to not work properly and crap out half the time...just like the console it runs on....

I also have not heard of anyone I know or know of that ever had an issue with a PS3.

I am not a fanboy, I own an Elite if you could read. I also game on PSP, DSi, the Wii and a high end PC as well.

I am just tired of hearing about RRODs and the whining accompanied by it's owners...

P.S. The Wii is outselling your XBOX 360..hahahaha

mercifulpenguin
06-17-2009, 07:31 PM
lol, fanboy

B.David
06-17-2009, 09:00 PM
filthy, you're completely a PS3 fanboy. If you disagree, I'd love to know why. I own console as well, but I don't really have a favorite. Lately I've played more PS3, but I alternate to the others as well. I've been putting some time into the Wii Virtual Console this week, and 360 was working overtime last week with Ghostbusters & Guitar Hero Smash Hits.

inFAMOUS vs. Killzone 2 ... you can't even compare them as one's a sandbox game and the other is FPS. Killzone 2 is arguably one of the best FPS games to date, and inFAMOUS is one of the best sandbox games, up along with GTA3/VC/IV and Crackdown.

Just because you own an Xbox, it doesn't mean you're not a Sony fanboy. Read your own post and you'll realize how Pro-Sony you sound.

PSN vs. Xbox Live

PSN: Free, Text Messaging, few demos, themes, wallpapers, weekly updates, 50+ PSN games including PS1 classics.
Xbox Live: $59.99 Annually, demos for 95% of retail games, demos for 100% of Live Arcade titles, 200+ Live Arcade titles, Videos on demand, themes, voice chat, video chat, parties, photo parties, easy-access to cross game messaging, weekly updates, weekly deals, and 1 VS 100 Live... Free w/Gold account.

As much as I love my PS3, the PSN has a long way to even compare to Live for the features and content.

Ultra54
06-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh boy, I cant wait for this next level of gaming so I can pretend to hold a steering wheel. Now that is immersive game play right there Ill tell ya. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... .Nintendo figured this out 3 years ago. So I suppose story telling, plot, pacing can take a further back seat to graphics and now invisible controllers. I don't think Filthy is a fanboy, more so an informed person who enjoys a proper home entertainment system. Have fun on your hex box's with their defunct high def dvd and no internet surfing. Whats that you say? You want a larger hard drive....lol...good luck, my PS3 has a 500 gig in it. Whats that you say? Wireless? Have fun buying your 100 micro**** adapter. Lets not talk about the red ring of death and the 2 times my sons has been sent back. If it werent for him I'd **** inside it and send it back to Bill himself.

mercifulpenguin
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Attack of the Fanboys!

filthy
06-17-2009, 11:34 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... .Nintendo figured this out 3 years ago.

LMAO

I am a fanboy, not of anything in particular, just games themselves. In the end I prefer PC gaming over consoles if I had to choose. I have played on all the consoles and enjoy them all, and each have their own pros and cons.

All in all I don't care what you say, the fact is the PS3 is a better system then the 360. All major game reviewers and developers know it's cell processor can't be touched. If you can't accept that then you are a XBOX 360 fanboy.

You mentioned some things that the 360 can do, but forgot the PS3 can do them too. As for games and Live, well that console and service has been going longer so no doubt they have more content.

One of the major differences between the two, the XBOX 360's hard drive. You have a buy an overpriced 120GB HD for your XBOX at a massive mark up, then you still can't do much with it. The PS3 allows you to upgrade with any size 2.5 SATA HD, backup and restore without any special kit, and even run Linux/Windows. Anything you want.

I've read of some horror stories where XBOX 360 owners had all their date, game saves, achievements and purchased content lost never to be returned.

Lastly, even when the next XBOX 720 comes out and your all praising that and your 360 is sitting in the corner collecting dust...the PS3 will still be running cutting edge games/software.

mercifulpenguin
06-17-2009, 11:45 PM
what it all boils down to is that there is a device coming out that could change the way we CAN play games, i dont think it will REPLACE the way we play games. It can also be completely bunk, and not deliver on all of the things it has shown. It would be pretty sweet to be in a game and be able to duck and punch and jump yourself, instead of pressing buttons. This too me sounds incredibly cool, and happens to be on the xbox. All I was saying is that I would expect any gamer to find this possibility to be pretty sweet, a lack thereof (at least, a lack thereof because of the system this technology will be on) seems a bit foolish. Nevermind system graphics, online play systems etc.

filthy
06-17-2009, 11:54 PM
what it all boils down to is that there is a device coming out that could change the way we CAN play games, i dont think it will REPLACE the way we play games. It can also be completely bunk, and not deliver on all of the things it has shown. It would be pretty sweet to be in a game and be able to duck and punch and jump yourself, instead of pressing buttons. This too me sounds incredibly cool...

Yes agreed.

But all systems now have cool things about them, and they will all advance again.

Right now I got my son the Wii Motion Plus and it's pretty wild.

One thing I think we can all agree on though, is the price of games.

$59.99-$69.99 is too much in these economic times, no wonder there are so many pirates. I'd rather pirate and play then not play at all.

And how much will this Natal cost? I imagine a steep start-up cost.

Killswitch
06-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Oh boy, I cant wait for this next level of gaming so I can pretend to hold a steering wheel. Now that is immersive game play right there Ill tell ya. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... .Nintendo figured this out 3 years ago. So I suppose story telling, plot, pacing can take a further back seat to graphics and now invisible controllers. I don't think Filthy is a fanboy, more so an informed person who enjoys a proper home entertainment system. Have fun on your hex box's with their defunct high def dvd and no internet surfing. Whats that you say? You want a larger hard drive....lol...good luck, my PS3 has a 500 gig in it. Whats that you say? Wireless? Have fun buying your 100 micro**** adapter. Lets not talk about the red ring of death and the 2 times my sons has been sent back. If it werent for him I'd **** inside it and send it back to Bill himself.

I agree 100%. Call me a fanboy too, you're only hurting yourselves IMO. lol
The PS3 is by far a superior system in ALL aspects. Free online gaming is a HUGE plus! C'mon guys, why pay $60 or $70 for a game then turn around and pay MORE to play it online with your buddies who ALSO forked out the cash to buy it? Give your heads a shake. How much money do you think a big company like M$ needs to support this? PC games are free online. Why shouldn't console games be free to play online too? Sony has the right idea.

M$ has way more cash to develope this new fancy controller-less stuff and more cash to sway game developers into releasing wicked games on their console before others, and sometimes exclusively. Think about it. The man with the wallet gets his way in the begining. Sooner or later, he won't.

By the way, where's the original XBox?
Gone.

Where's the PS2?
Oh, you can still buy new ones at places like Futureshop.

Did anyone notice that PS2 games are still being made? The PS3 will prosper just like the PS2. Hands down. No question.

Furthermore, who would want a console with a track record worse then Windows ME?
"Insert you answer here. If it's yes you're crazy."

Am I a PS3 fanboy? Yes, I am. Laugh away as you wait for your 360 consoles to return from warranty.

Iverson3k
06-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I never owned anything from Sony... The ONLY reason I will pick up a ps3 is for a blu-ray player... and LBP...

filthy
06-18-2009, 02:01 PM
The PS3 has Blu-ray, but if you think that's the only reason to own one your wasting half your money on it.

LBP...sure ok it;s one of many great titles of recent release, but what about...

MAG!! 128 vs 128 in complete online mayhem! Releasing this fall and the demo looked fantastic and played smoothly. XBOX 360 doesn't have it, not because of liscensing. It's because the 360 can't handle a game of that scale.

Infamous

Gran Turismo 5

Uncharted 2

ect ect.

Not only can I get content with the PS3 and PSP from the same account, but I can swap, control and access remotely any content on my PS3.

The proprietary HDD of the 360 is the biggest turn off, they must have worried about the same thing that allowed you to mod the original XBOX....and they still got burned!! lol

It took me less than 30 mins. and not a single dime to crack open and rape and pillage the 360. So why not ,et 360 owners have more control and use of their HDD now that it doesn't matter.