PDA

View Full Version : Wings Drive Record Ratings

Slow
06-16-2009, 06:49 PM
"NBC’s Game 7 broadcast of the Stanley Cup final between the Penguins and the Red Wings on Friday night drew an average of 8 million viewers, the biggest American television audience for any N.H.L. game since the 9.4 million who watched the Game 6 Cup finale between Montreal and Chicago in 1973.

The Game 7 average is even higher than that indicated by the overnight ratings reported on Sunday.

The size of the Pens-Wings audience is even more impressive, Variety reports, because Friday is customarily the lightest viewing night of the week.

For the series as a whole, the average viewership in Canada was 2.15 million viewers per game, which was 7 percent lower than last year’s figure when the same two teams met the first time.

In the U.S., however, average viewership for the five games carried by NBC was 5.6 million, the highest since ABC averaged 5.8 million carrying three Detroit-Carolina games in the 2002 final."

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/cup-finale-on-nbc-was-most-watched-nhl-game-in-36-years/

Oscar_Leroy
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the pens played a large part in the ratings.. I think all hockey fans were looking forward to a rematch, and both teams did not disappoint. It would be a shame if the games did not have decent ratings.

Jack Butler
06-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I TOLD YOU.....
Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby,
Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, Crosby!

Oscar_Leroy
06-17-2009, 01:38 AM
I TOLD YOU.....

LOL.. I was honestly watching for Chelios. Can you believe the guy STILL wants to play?

Jack Butler
06-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Or, that the wings still want him.
....league minimum at the most!

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-17-2009, 10:16 AM
If anything it was pittsburgh who drove up the ratings. Wings fans can't afford cable or boxes to watch the digital tv now. No way they drove up ratings.

FuZzY
06-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I TOLD YOU.....

is the most over-rated hockey player out there. today, and a cry-baby and a poor sport. i wish he would have been hurt bad enough that he was unable to hoist the cup!

Jack Butler
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
is the most over-rated hockey player out there. today, and a cry-baby and a poor sport. i wish he would have been hurt bad enough that he was unable to hoist the cup!

Over-rated..ha.
Seems, everyone can't stop talking about him.
The poor sport as I see it, are the little bi*ches, Zetterburg and Draper.
The way they went on and on, it was like they were interviewing a hockey Mom!
Had the wings kept their cake holes shut, I doubt that the media would have even noticed.
The poor sports here are the players that bolted to get into their dressing room.
In boxing, how many times do you see the losing fighter, during the interview of the new Champ, interrupt to congratulate his opponent.
Nobody would have had an issue, whatever network would have been involved.
Lidstrom missed the opportunity to have a picture for the ages.
Instead they turns it into a pissing match.
To bad he doesn't have someone in the management for guidance.
All that experience, what a waste.
They were presented the opportunity to rise above and they choose to try and drag it through the dirt.
THAT....is a poor sport, there is no other way to put it!

Super Gram
06-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Lidstrom didn't think it was a big deal. All he said was "he is young and will learn." Bravo to Lidstrom

Everyone is talking about the crying. One person that cried non stop was Babcock.....never shut his mouth after losing each hockey game......cried....we got too many penalties and they didn't wah wah wah

Plays Zetterburg to death. Didn't work in the last game.....kept hitting him for 7 games.

Bylsma said nothing about the refereeing

Slow
06-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Everyone is talking about the crying. One person that cried non stop was Babcock.....never shut his mouth after losing each hockey game......cried....we got too many penalties and they didn't wah wah wah

BS.

Show a clip. What is your source??

As you usual, you have none.

Slow
06-25-2009, 11:44 AM

A thing of beauty, Fuzzy...a thing of BEAUTY!!!!!!!

Slow
06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I TOLD YOU.....

...outscored Osgood in the Finals by one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point

Jack Butler
06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
...outscored Osgood in the Finals by one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point, one point

Doesn't change the fact that the only sweater to sell out at the Joes pro shop was Sidneys..Ha, Ha, Ha!
..............just spell the name right.

Slow
06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
..............just spell the name right.

c-i-n-d-y :)

Jack Butler
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
That's not what they pay the BIG BUCKS for it's
CROSBY
His picture on the website and his uni sold out and that's in DETROIT, ha, ha, ha, so you tell me!
Gonna be a rough decade or so for ya.
You remind me of that Beck song...I can see you singing it, with feeling!

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
...outscored Osgood in the Finals by one point

So crosby has 2 points in the finals and raises the cup. The wings who need to rely on their goalie to get their points , leave crying about handshakes. Yay osgood!

Oscar_Leroy
06-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Crosby was the reason the series was watched. Wings fans wanted to see how Zetterberg, Lidstrom, and co. handled Crosby. Everybody loves a rematch and a rematch would not have taken place without Crosby being there..

Funny that people call Sidney "Cindy" I'm pretty sure a few minutes on the ice, and a few good puck battles with Sid would leave you calling him Mr Crosby