PDA

View Full Version : Burke Rips Heatley for trade request

Oscar_Leroy
06-18-2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282222

"We're not going to be in on that," Burke stated. "He's a good player but I have certain guidelines on how players ask for trades."

"When you have players come ask you for a trade, I tell the players 'don't finish that sentence,' because once you ask, I'm going to move you," Burke stated. "If a player wants out, you're darn right I'm going to move you. I'm not kissing anyone's ass to play in my town, so to hell with you, don't finish the sentence. My second rule is if I hear about this, you're not going anywhere."

"For a player to pop off and say he wants out or leak it (to the media), in my mind you are now no longer interested in your team. If you've done that you've handicapped them, you've handcuffed your GM."

I think this is good. The only thing I am wondering is if this will hurt Burkes chances of luring some decent players to Toronto. Hopefully not.

Jack Butler
06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't really care one way or the other about the Leafs, but Burke is 100% correct.
Heatley didn't do himself or the team any favours.
Not that I blame Heatley for wanting to leave...I guess he thinks it's all about him.
I can't believe someone like Heatley doesn't understand it.
Where is his agent in all this?

Super Gram
06-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Burke talks in tongues....remember the Chris Pronger "I wanna trade". Who took him

As far as Heatly is concerned he don't like anyone pointing the finger at him. I guess it's as good an excuse as a guy like him could think up. I hope Murray don't trade him unless he gets what he wants.........trade him to the Islanders for a first draft choice and a couple of junior players lol..wouldn't he just love playing in Long Island...